AS-Tydium

• Hey - turns out IRC is out and something a little more modern has taken it's place... A little thing called Discord!

Join our community @ https://discord.gg/JuaSzXBZrk for a pick-up game, or just to rekindle with fellow community members.

[QUOTE='//3iRd(o)]Have you actually played this game? :P It takes very little time to set up a launch that will get an attacker to this hole, and within a matter of seconds, the 3rd objective is live.[/QUOTE]

you actually played this level :P??? 3 obj isn't posible to get without the second, ;) (i assume you mean catapult) and not cannonball, as cavedoors isn't a real obj)

I think you can compare it with rook, when you don't get libary the first try, you get slimed till your death :snot:

you're indeed right, you can set up a launch quite fast but when you only can get seccond obj it won't help you very much

i personaly was thinking about a button or sumthing on top of the castle which you need to push to gain access to underground. Ofcourse you get a message like -underground door opening in 5 seconds- or somthing which give defence time to adept thereselfs. (this mover should close itself in a few seconds, till attack get's the catapult)
i was thinking about this because launching makes UTAS that nice, and it will be better (imo) when attack can get underground in 20 seconds, but with a little less skil (=more spam of defence) get underground in about 4 minutes... like siege is

[QUOTE='//3iRd(o)]
That's a really crap answer; it takes <10 minutes to fix the build of the map (but probably another 20 to realign all the textures), you just need to know which vertices to tweak.

The point is, you don't even have to be rock sliding to fall in one of the bsp holes.[/QUOTE]

i know the problem, and to be honest i don't know very well how to fix it properly, (you can put an aditional brush there) but this isn't the best solution, so when you know better (which i assume) i would really apriciate it when you rebuild the map :D and this isn't meant to be sarcastic

cheers

btw soz for typo's... :beer: = the reason

first time I 'played' it I thought it was way too much of a chaos....

now I've seen it a few times I like it :thumb:

Not sure if we've crossed wires here pykenike, but I meant that within half a minute, the 2nd objective (cannonball in cave) can be done, and 3rd objective (catapault) is accessible; also with adaption of the same launch, u can hit 3rd obj straight after 2nd, then the castle is live.

http://utarseault.net/files/maps/AS-Tydium2_nobsp.rar

Afaik, the bsp's i found have been plugged... If there's more, let me know and I can tweak to fix.

n.b. The textures are not properly aligned/lit on this build.

Last edited:
Reactions: pykenike
[QUOTE='//3iRd(o)]Not sure if we've crossed wires here pykenike, but I meant that within half a minute, the 2nd objective (cannonball in cave) can be done, and 3rd objective (catapault) is accessible; also with adaption of the same launch, u can hit 3rd obj straight after 2nd, then the castle is live.

http://utarseault.net/files/maps/AS-Tydium2_nobsp.rar

Afaik, the bsp's i found have been plugged... If there's more, let me know and I can tweak to fix.

n.b. The textures are not properly aligned/lit on this build.[/QUOTE]

well that's what i ment. 3 obj, catapult isn't acceseble without cannonball in cave, indeed you can launch your teammates whereever you want :D

:clap: for rebuilding the map that's just class m8,