Recent content by Obsidian

• Hey - turns out IRC is out and something a little more modern has taken it's place... A little thing called Discord!

Join our community @ https://discord.gg/JuaSzXBZrk for a pick-up game, or just to rekindle with fellow community members.

1. O

How many avatars have u used already?

Yeh, whats up with that, i liked it better before :)
  2. O

snurf still clanless ffs

guess i didn't hype enough last time.... in fact didn't hype at all. anyway, snurf (thats me), is looking for a std-as clan. Double/triple hammer, where launchee has to hammer too, and sniping is not my best, due to little practice in that department and no sniper bind. Single hammer...
  3. O

Unreal Tournament Performance!

It sounds like you got a seriously messed up system then. I got 3525 with my gf2mx400. Test settings: hardware t&l, triplebuffered, no aa 16bit depth, 16bit zbuffer, 16bit textures Hardware: xp1700+ , pc2100 ram, gf2mx400 (64mb sdr) It's not great, but you can certainly get decent...
  4. O

Which floor would you get off at?

how about this one, RIS nicky, for example here: http://forums.utassault.net/showthread.php?s=&threadid=34878&perpage=20&pagenumber=3 Cant have that either, can we now. Get the forum rules straight and enforce them, this some-are-banned-other-get-away is fooking crap. Personally i dont mind...
  5. O

bored

here is a little something. and a translation list for u leet assault gimps who dont understand the language :D blowjob : hammerlaunch slut : multiclanning merc alley : clan server fuck : frag died : finished the final objective If you mush know its from "Slut girl".
  6. O

Utpg V449 Patch Released

tried 451. Gets rejected by servers running leagueas "only 432 and 436 permitted". Also pure 6b blocks it as an impurity. My immediate impression is that leagueAS only does a version check (could be faked to make it work??), whereas pure doesnt see the files on its whitelist -> kicks u...
  7. O

program usage depending on filesize

u just need to change the association to a script/program that does the sizetest and then runs the appropriate application for you. Making such a program: dead easy. Lets call the prog SDML (Size Dependent Movie Launcher). Ok, using a explorer substitute that can distinguish for u would be...
  8. O

Windows "Fuck Sake!!!" (Note: Rant)

yup. Once you have partioned your harddrive to your needs you can hardly make a (dangerous) mistake during installation. You are being unfair in MS's favour. There are alternatives that dont require you to roll your own. And sinking? I guess you are referring to patches for errors and...
  9. O

Windows "Fuck Sake!!!" (Note: Rant)

new fs - bah! They ought to port Reiserfs (www.reiserfs.org) to win32 - get some decent performance. Database filesystems are (flamealert!) an abomination :D But that aside, obviously, as always, they (MS) want something that they own the rights to and can charge everyone else for using or...
  10. O

help recommend new gxf card

Thanks for you help - I have been looking at some benchmarks, it seems to vary a bit from game to game whether a 9000/8500 or a gf3 comes out on top. Heres is what i have narrowed it down to: gf3ti200, 128DDR : ~109euro (with shipping) radeon 9100, 64DDR: ~94 (with shipping) radeon 9000...
  11. O

help recommend new gxf card

hm i did a search for gf4ti4200: lowest price here is ~142euro --> nono. But i can get the 9100 (64megx ddr) for ~95 including shipping - which is cheaper than any 9000pro i found. What is so bad about the gf4mx440? It seems cheap at ~50+shipping for a 64megz ddr from Palit microsystems. That...
  12. O

The stupid lift in Asthenosphere...

yep, the way is: Get it right 1st time. :P and dont ever show demos where u dont
  13. O

They are cracking me up...

apoc, hvaffor selskab er det? Der hvor vi har nu skete der "kun" det at vi blev slettet af ventelisten kørt før levering --> vente 5 uger ekstra.
  14. O

value mobo for athlon XP

Your not saying whether the need to keep you existing RAM is a parameter (and what spec it is in that case). If you want a via kt333 based mobo, i found these 2 to be clearly within your budget in my area. ECS k7vta3 or MSI KT3 ultra2. There are a quite a few more if you widen your budget...
  15. O

ex EF seeking new clan.

U also know me as snurf. Basically im looking for a stdAS clan so i can play in the league again by the end of the month, but im not in a hurry. Havent been arsed to learn double hammerjump (and that sort) properly, sniping or rippertricks. If u can teach me, fine, else dont depend on these...