AS-LostTemple

• Hey - turns out IRC is out and something a little more modern has taken it's place... A little thing called Discord!

Join our community @ https://discord.gg/JuaSzXBZrk for a pick-up game, or just to rekindle with fellow community members.

Ive started to work with UED again and im working on LostTemple again.

I have no idea if my map is actually played now and then but I guess atleast some people know what things I can improve to make it more playable by now.

So if you want some input, here is your chance! :P

I didn't really like the defender system for the main temple part
All the teleports and narrow passages and stuff... cratering in the waterfall is quite a drag as well.
Dunno, haven't really pld it in a while.
http://www.wegame.com/watch/Night_Walk/ <-- Watch that. Has the waterfallcrater at the end or something.

Don't really like how there's no defence spawn after you get the tomb once sum1 drops it's just a wait of inevitable ending. The majority of the map is nice though.

I didn't really like the defender system for the main temple part

I take it you mean the big room? Explain a bit what you didnt like about it please. I was thinking of adding a few teleporters there so you can choose where you wanne go. But I didnt go through with that last time because I thought it would be to hard to attack then. But might aswell do it like the main gate teleporter in Ballistic, so attack could turn off spawnpoints or something. Tbh I have no idea if the attack/defence is balanced there as ive only played games on the map when people didnt really know secret routes and tricks etc.

All the teleports and narrow passages and stuff... cratering in the waterfall is quite a drag as well.
Dunno, haven't really pld it in a while.
http://www.wegame.com/watch/Night_Walk/ <-- Watch that. Has the waterfallcrater at the end or something.

All the teleports? I think there is only 1 teleporter in the whole map in beta2 :P Or did you mean spawnpoints?
I thought I removed the crater bug in beta2, seems I was wrong. Gonna sort that out (or atleast try lol).

Don't really like how there's no defence spawn after you get the tomb once sum1 drops it's just a wait of inevitable ending. The majority of the map is nice though.

So basicly the final objective is to easy for attack you think?

Just checked it, I get it now. Once the attack gets the treasure chest most of the times he jumps down and is not killed instantly then defence can never get to him fast enough from the spawn.
I got 2 ideas to fix that;

- 1; Move final defence spawn down to the cave by the water and move attack spawn to the entrance of the tomb.
- 2; Move final defence spawn to a new room(s) inside the tomb and move attack spawn to the entrance of the tomb. So both are able to jump down at about the same speed ( I love fight in mid air :P)

What do you think would work best?

~1 would work for sure! Not sure about Ulv's ideas but for this particular 1 I think that solution would solve immediately =))

I think both would work. My vote would be for nr2 tho. But only because the mid air fights while falling down the waterfalls are a good change from the usual fights. But Ill see what a few more people think and then ill start working on it what most people seem fit here as both seem fine to me.

just make a delay in the tomb opening and make a ledge just under the door that opens delayed where def spawns, so you can have your mid-air fight once in a while but the first wave can be defended by def... so:

----------------------- (door) delayed with 8 sec or so after triggering

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ledge def will spawn here right after tombs are triggered
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ waterfall thingy
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

final part...

just a suggestion!

gl!

Thanks for your input, but ive read it a couple of times and its not entirely clear to me what you meant! From what ive understand you suggested that I put a defence spawn inside the tomb before it opens? I think that would result result in a mass camp for the treasure chest. Once they got the treasure chest and the door for the waterfall opens that wouldnt be to bad if I move the attack spawns forward aswell.

Or did I totally miss read your idea?

Thanks for your input, but ive read it a couple of times and its not entirely clear to me what you meant! From what ive understand you suggested that I put a defence spawn inside the tomb before it opens? I think that would result result in a mass camp for the treasure chest. Once they got the treasure chest and the door for the waterfall opens that wouldnt be to bad if I move the attack spawns forward aswell.

Or did I totally miss read your idea?

need to recheck all this, cause i based this situation on what i remembered. and i thought the waterfall and "getting-shot-in-the-back prob was the biggest over there. If you want to let them spawn near the tomb BEFORE that one goes make sure you give them crappy weapons like rippers, or so, and not a lot of ammo,

i'll recheck the map propably this evening to iron things out for myself