AS-LostTemple

• Hey - turns out IRC is out and something a little more modern has taken it's place... A little thing called Discord!

Join our community @ https://discord.gg/JuaSzXBZrk for a pick-up game, or just to rekindle with fellow community members.

Despise

****** BY MARTZ FOR EXCESSIVE LICKING
Jun 8, 2001
Between beer crates
Beta 2 is finished!

http://www.labor23.com/ut/AS-LostTempleBetaV2.rar

Its uploaded on DoG customs, so you can play it there if u wish. If you find any bugs then post it here and I can try and sort it before a final version is released.

Known bugs so far;

- Cratering at the waterfall when you fall down alongside the walls.
- Few weapons are turning around while they shouldnt.

Last edited:
Wow! That looks beautiful! ..... but.. Veeeerry high poly/node counts there... :nono:

lol des i remember playing it with ya and testing it about an year ago :D

the map by then was plain league material so just finish it des :)

btw you changed the first part lol the lava pit you had to hammer jump :P

ye we did Kon :)

nek dont drink all the beer urself :P

ye i changed start and ending, mid part is still the same kinda

I hope ill have a beta ready end of this week

WTF? ever since i've joined the league and been on these forums i have had to hear des naggin about his map how it never got finished and was crap an' all that, but after all the talkin TODAY is the DAY i'm finally ACTUALLY get to see a glimpse of the mystery map i had to hear about for over 2 years....

and it ain't even halve bad neither :p:

The geometry looks good but it deffo needs a lot of work with texturing and lighting. Using textures which show wrapping, ie. textures which have low frequency patterns, is never a good idea. It also makes the map look boring if only a few textures are used in a big area.

Even if you get to use textures which don't show low frequencies, getting them to work with each other is the second most important thing. If all textures look good on their own but they're in completely different styles, it makes the map look hectic and unfinished.

oops soz dont remember making that, ill change it so u can read it :p

looks very good tho m8, get it finished :D

kooma said:
The geometry looks good but it deffo needs a lot of work with texturing and lighting. Using textures which show wrapping, ie. textures which have low frequency patterns, is never a good idea. It also makes the map look boring if only a few textures are used in a big area.

Even if you get to use textures which don't show low frequencies, getting them to work with each other is the second most important thing. If all textures look good on their own but they're in completely different styles, it makes the map look hectic and unfinished.

what you mean with low frequency patterns? (im still tired :P)
oh and all textures are same style lol, except for last screenies as i just picked some texts there, as i said that last 1 wasnt finished at all :P

oh and the lightning is just fine as it is in most parts, so aint gonna change it :D

I think he means the way some lights become distorted into different colours as u get further away from the light sourcs itself