AS-LostTemple

• Hey - turns out IRC is out and something a little more modern has taken it's place... A little thing called Discord!

Join our community @ https://discord.gg/JuaSzXBZrk for a pick-up game, or just to rekindle with fellow community members.

beta 2 is better.. however it still has some iffy points imo.

First part is better now. however i think that def will hold the first part the 2 minutes that the first spawn for def is activated. As soon as they spawn at there second position it's about 32 seconds to walk to the outside.. That's as much as attack has to run too. it's just a big contrast and i think attack will breach within half a minute when def will get there new spawn...
I would make another def spawn at the position of the bridge or summin so def can actually reach the entrance before it's breached.

bridge passing is great.. wouldn't change a bit about that.

then chains: It's another long way for defence and you have still they prob of "getting shot in the back" when attacking the ramp leading to the chains. Also i don't think def is ever going for the high weapons (rocket) as it cost way too much time to get there. I can imagine that defence is totally going to ignore one of the chains as it's just not doable. I mean you should split the defenders (3-3) and attack will always go for 1 chain first. thinking about the fact that the run for attack is about as long as for defence it's just not doable.

Thomb looks like the hardest objective. don't really know how it will be going. But i think launching on that ledge will be a pain in the arse. i think once defence is organized it will be very hard to conquer.

Next part is pretty good again. I think def is going to gather around the tomb entrance which wil be sniperheaven for attack. Not bad att all.

last part didn't change so nothing to add.

weapon placement is better. but still mini and sniper everywhere:(

First part is better now. however i think that def will hold the first part the 2 minutes that the first spawn for def is activated. As soon as they spawn at there second position it's about 32 seconds to walk to the outside.. That's as much as attack has to run too. it's just a big contrast and i think attack will breach within half a minute when def will get there new spawn...
I would make another def spawn at the position of the bridge or summin so def can actually reach the entrance before it's breached.

If you att straight away its way less then 30sec to breach it. With a backhammer/hl its way less. So attackers got the upper hand. Changed the time that the def gets there 2nd spawn aswell to 20 instead of the previous 30 sec. I dont see a problem there. Only the first 1 or 2 waves will be hard to get through (but I planned that :P). Moved the armour up aswell so takes less time to grab it. With some hammerjumps and launches it wont be hard to get the first objective. Assault=tactix aint it! ;)
then chains: It's another long way for defence and you have still they prob of "getting shot in the back" when attacking the ramp leading to the chains. Also i don't think def is ever going for the high weapons (rocket) as it cost way too much time to get there. I can imagine that defence is totally going to ignore one of the chains as it's just not doable. I mean you should split the defenders (3-3) and attack will always go for 1 chain first. thinking about the fact that the run for attack is about as long as for defence it's just not doable.

Imo if you get shot in the back then you aint defending like you should. If you all defend inside room with chains. Then attackers are gonna camp you so you cant return to the chains. So defending the chain with 6 wont work most likely.
Defence has to go upstairs towards RL as attackers will launch/hj there. If they dont, they loose it quickly.
Thomb looks like the hardest objective. don't really know how it will be going. But i think launching on that ledge will be a pain in the arse. i think once defence is organized it will be very hard to conquer.

Well attackers move up a spawn after chains are taken, so they need way less time to get there. So they can go normal route, get launched up or breach defence spawnroom and get passed the 2 miniguns and use the teleporter to get in the sniper spot and jump down lift. Attackers got a keg above their spawn and a shieldbelt is in the middle of the map. So imo there should be enuff ways to get it.

weapon placement is better. but still mini and sniper everywhere:(

First half of the map is mini/sniper mostly. Rest is every weapon kinda. I didnt place much mini and sniper ammo around the map beside spawnpoints. So people cant keep using the same weapon without dying. Atleast that was the plan, now only to see if it worked! ;)

Nice map m8!
I was really surprised by how your mapping skills have improved.

Thanks! :D
One thing that could be better is the lighting on it, seem to be alot of lightsourcess from nowhere, and maybe strange colours not quite fitting....but maybe that just me.
Keep up the good work!

Im still working on adding fires/lamps/lanterns etc. So I know some lights appear to come from nowhere still, but that will all be gone soon.
I like to have different lightning colours around the map. Normal light look dull and boring imo. Good thing everyone got his own taste! :P

well the changes are awesome, especially weapon placement makes map flow much better for attackers.

As you asked for!
the placement of rocket launcher at chains is also very good, for a while i thought u had forgotten to remove the rocket ammo cos i couldnt find the rocket launcher newhere. The attackers can also use it to launch after they got one of the chains.

Yeah somebody mentioned that people would just keep dropping RL and picking it up, so had to move it up to stop that as I still wanted to have a RL there.
also the new defence sniper nest in the big room makes launching nice for attackers, and defenders could use it to launch to the high entrance of the chains.

Yup added quite a bit of tactix to be thought off.
great job m8y :thumb:

Now a play test to maybe tweak the amount of ammo and armour available and play with the lighting if you want!

Yeah thats the thing I want to know, hard to place the correct amount of ammo/armour without a good test. Dont want to less ammo and to much aint good either. But I guess I will know soon! :D

yes plx upload today, with some pictures here of objectives, or ppl cba to learn map and it fails

i played it offline, i think its gonna be 2 easy to attack, and i hate 2 easy to attack maps, but maybe it will be ok, who knows, need 2 get it on pug server

wtf? waste of time?

MyM said he would put it on pug when it's safe to say there won't be updates within a while.
I haven't come across any bugs in the map so far, but then again I haven't played it much online... :(

no desp, i want to play it on pug at least, so not waste of time!

also wanna try bioassault and navarone on pugs, i think all these maps are eagerly awaited. then we can get rid of some crap like, geko, saqqara and vampire, codlersteel, snowdunes

Last edited: