XConsole

• Hey - turns out IRC is out and something a little more modern has taken it's place... A little thing called Discord!

Join our community @ https://discord.gg/JuaSzXBZrk for a pick-up game, or just to rekindle with fellow community members.

Can you supply a ut log after it happens? I just checked out server5 and didn't find any problem. It may be that logging is turned on but I guess if you can't open console you won't be able to see.

XConsole.ini might show some clues but if you want to post it make sure to delete all passes.

Hi Quasi.
Nice idea for providing us information about X-console game. Would you mind to let us know more about this? Thanks!

Last edited by a moderator:
Version 3.4. Time for a new release.

Updates to version 3.4:

IRC: Multi-line messages are now coloured correctly.

IRC: Option to only flash tabs on speech /flashonspeech

IRC: Option to show large hud messages in-game /bigmessages

IRC: Customisable colours.

Admin: Added summon for pads. (Upgraders will need to add this manually though, or delete XConsole.ini section.)

Demo: Deleting demo from list now sets demo combo on next one in list.

Demo: 'Sequence' playback option plays next demo in list automatically. Still a bit experimental.

Commands and player list: New 'follow' command which follows player through several levels. Useful for demos or speccing suspected cheaters.

General: Improved support for upgrade without needing to overwrite old XConsole.ini, but those new features like summon pads above will need be added in or old .ini section deleted. Hopefully this won't happen too often though.

http://www.unrealize.co.uk/cgi-bin/downloader/dl.pl?id=xconsole.zip

i really like this, but am unable to use it cause it doenst always load.. (no menu/console)
we tried to trouble shoot... but sometimes esc doesnt work and i have to alt tab and task kill it...

how do i fresh install it?
del all the files from /system id guess?

i think i had similar problem

i think it is a line in the ini that need to be deleted

tho i can´t remember which 1 it was...amybe something with oldskool

hi Quasi, i really like this, could you think about adding a mute spec option?

or mute player option, by right clicking there name in xconsole > mute

Last edited:
yeah some specs are annoying, or even better if i could just ignore certain players in the server by right clicking their name and muting it would be great. It should be possible as we can mute enemy/team messages in leagueAS. I wouldnt imagine that the spec "class" would be handled much differently?

The problem is that changing stuff like that in game might be impossible while on an assault server - LeagueAS really screws down what you can change in game. But I will have a look anyway.

yeah some specs are annoying, or even better if i could just ignore certain players in the server by right clicking their name and muting it would be great. It should be possible as we can mute enemy/team messages in leagueAS. I wouldnt imagine that the spec "class" would be handled much differently?

be able to mute certain players would be awesome :D

Right, would be good, but there is no way I can change what appears in the Hud chat from xconsole unfortunately. Not even in the console for individual players. All there is is the *type* of message for console - like kills, etc as I have it at the moment. To change anything in the Hud doesn't ain't doable apart from changing colours etc. Being able to change individual player chat would need the addition of a serverside mod.

Sorry guys. Can always poke the LAS devs though ;)

ok, thanks for looking, i guess a console is a console and a hud is a hud, *totally* different things.

I do have some ideas for small improvements to LAS but i think its a little too late in the day to worry about more features for assault. I dont think there is even a LAS team around anymore!

xconsole is great btw for those that dont have it;)

Dave, is there a way in xconsole to display the irc chatroom you are logged into over your UT hud? Like when I'm logged into irc through xconsole and someone types a msg in that channel, it gets displayed in-game, rather than having to open the console to check? By in-game I don't mean it appears in the chatbox at the top left, but it can be displayed as an independent thing underneath, kinda like UTV does.

Also I noticed that when I'm logged into irc outside of UT and I also login while in xconsole (so I'm in the same channel as two different nicks), when I type a msg in UT it also broadcasts a msg from irc with a timestamp on it, directly underneath the thing I said. Is there a way to stop this? If you don't know what I mean I'll psot a screenie later.

Good work on the util though, it's really class :thumb: