XConsole

• Hey - turns out IRC is out and something a little more modern has taken it's place... A little thing called Discord!

Join our community @ https://discord.gg/JuaSzXBZrk for a pick-up game, or just to rekindle with fellow community members.

i need a way to mute specs, can u help! even if its a completely different mod to xconsole?

Server side it's possible with bMuteSpectators false

Client side I don't think it is. I've been looking through the code and I can't see any way of affecting _only_ spectator speech. I will keep looking though.

Server side it's possible with bMuteSpectators false

Client side I don't think it is. I've been looking through the code and I can't see any way of affecting _only_ spectator speech. I will keep looking though.

The server side command worked nice on 8 server just now. Specs can talk to each other, but can't broadcast anything to those playing. Which leads me to believe that specs have there own class. It's no biggie as I said before but would be a nice option to have.

It's been too long since I've looked through uscript, so I'll just be making educated guesses here, but I think Quasi^ is right.

Without extending the gametype, or having a server-side approved mutator (which can be client side for client preferencing), I don't think you can capture another player's RI sufficient enough to filter their chatter to your client.

First one isn't really possible I think. Second one, do you mean it also repeats in UT what you said in UT? Dunno sshot please.

Figured out why, it was during a pug, so UT transmitted my msg to #utapugreport and irc transmitted it back into UT. I'll try to replicate it and do a sshot but it's not really a problem now I know what's happening.

Quasi, in the Pure tab there are 1st person and 3rd person buttons. What are the commands which these execute? It would be nice to be able to toggle between the two in spec mode without opening the console if I'm doing UTV or w/e. I tried 'toggle behindview' and just 'behindview' but both return errors.

behindview 0
behindview 1

So you will to make a couple of aliases that do the toggling (trying to remember..):

Aliases[38]=(Command="behindview 0 | set input j view1",Alias=view0)
Aliases[39]=(Command="behindview 1 | set input j view0",Alias=view1)

You will need to set j or whichever key you want to use to one of those initialy - view0 or view1

Nice one, thanks :thumb:

EDIT: Tried these aliases but they don't work. Just using x=behindview 0/1 works ofc but I dunno about online, will ACE kick me? I'm only speccing obviously.

Last edited:
Ye changed it to lines 40 / 41. It's ok tho because just using behindview tied to two free keys works - don't need the aliases.

One other problem. The x demo manager doesn't see all the demo files in my Demos folder. Demo Manager does, even though it's xconsole that's recording them. X only gives me a certain number, eg. I can't see any of today's demos. So I have to use Demo Manager to watch them.

Last edited:
X can't really read a list of files from disk without some sort of DLL like demomanager does. It only makes a list of the ones you've recorded untill you clear or delete them from the list (which doesn't actually delete them from the disk). Bit of a pain but I don't know enough C to make a DLL.

It's almost time for a new version :cool:

I thought I'd ask if there is anything useful I could add/change?

ADDED SO FAR

New commands:

blue, red - change team. Similar idea to !blue and !red commands on some servers, but works everywhere of course.

spec, play - what it says on the tin. Will change you from one to the other and reconnect.

alias, delalias - define aliases for one or more commands (examples below).

keys <number> - load keybinds.

EXAMPLE ALIASES

alias <Name>=<Command(S)>
Commands should be separated by ';'

alias b=blue
alias r=red etc

alias 5=set sdldrv.sdlclient brightness .5; flush
alias 4=set sdldrv.sdlclient brightness .4; flush
etc set the brightness.
(of course sdldrv is only for Linux clients, you need WinDrv or something).

So typing b will execute the 'blue' command.
Typing 5 will execute the brightness command and flush the video buffers.

Well I'm sure there are other things that could be added or maybe some bugs/annoyances that need fixing, so please use this thread for any ideas.

Cheers.

Nice. I managed to get UnrealEd working using wine in Linux today so I may even have a go at mapping myself if I get the time. I started some years ago but lost them to a wonky HDD.