why

• Hey - turns out IRC is out and something a little more modern has taken it's place... A little thing called Discord!

Join our community @ https://discord.gg/JuaSzXBZrk for a pick-up game, or just to rekindle with fellow community members.

JACKEL

Sep 30, 2001
holland
Is "our" minigun so different from the dm and ctf minigun. I play the occasional round of Ut now and then. it's a world of difference between a dm and ctf mini and a As minigun. the As one is nearly useless.

It's been a big disucssion and teste of the minigun during pug games. They had changed a lot of variables of dmg and whatever. Weirdo and mym has played around with it and a few others. Not sure what the result was. Ask them would be easier.

DM servers' minigun is just overpowered from what I can see...

..or maybe it just looks that way, cause it seems to do some additional sounds when it's shooting.

Well i play on servers with th ut pure hitsound, and for example dog gives me 5 hits whilst when i play on a multiplay dm server it gives me 10

And im sure server admins got bored of what the problems it caused :P plenty of people moaning about the gatlgun settings I was running on pug server even when I had it disabled :lol: even insisting I was lying about it running

Just checked my calendar and realized we were about a month overdue for our annual minigun bitch thread.

Just checked my calendar and realized we were about a month overdue for our annual minigun bitch thread.

Some people dont have the time to check these forums every minute of the day..

But why do we have a different minigun?

Last edited:
DM servers with purestats enabled:

modified tickrate independent minigun and pulse, where mini has a higher rate of fire, but less damage per bullet. Pulse is also "fixed" in that you can't do uber damage by swapping segments

DM servers with no purestats (but may have utpure hitsounds)

standard minigun, probably doing higher damage than you expect cos of a very high tickrate (ie 30 and above) - will fire faster and do high damage. pulse will be same, with exaggerated damage due to tickrate

AS servers with LAS:

TIW minigun, but with relatively high rate of fire, standard damage per bullet (ie same as normal UT), so still pretty high damage, but not so exaggerated like the DM servers you're prolly playing on. Pulse is unchanged.

Hope that helps :P

DM servers with purestats enabled:

modified tickrate independent minigun and pulse, where mini has a higher rate of fire, but less damage per bullet. Pulse is also "fixed" in that you can't do uber damage by swapping segments

DM servers with no purestats (but may have utpure hitsounds)

standard minigun, probably doing higher damage than you expect cos of a very high tickrate (ie 30 and above) - will fire faster and do high damage. pulse will be same, with exaggerated damage due to tickrate

AS servers with LAS:

TIW minigun, but with relatively high rate of fire, standard damage per bullet (ie same as normal UT), so still pretty high damage, but not so exaggerated like the DM servers you're prolly playing on. Pulse is unchanged.

Hope that helps :P

Cheers