What's worse? (racism)...

• Hey - turns out IRC is out and something a little more modern has taken it's place... A little thing called Discord!

Join our community @ https://discord.gg/JuaSzXBZrk for a pick-up game, or just to rekindle with fellow community members.

Useless

Bravo
Jun 14, 2002
Scotland
Would you be more inclined to respect the opinions (on racism) of someone who was openly racist, or someone who was always the first to condemn others for racism on the flimsiest reasons?

I remember telling my best friend in school that I didn't like a guy in our class because of the way he treated me. The guy in question happened to be Pakistani and so my friend called me a racist. I wasn't saying I disliked him because he was Pakistani - his race had nothing to do with it. I just disliked him because...he was an arse. But I got called racist for it, so from his POV, everyone who dislikes someone of another racial origin is automatically racist. Or to put it another way, every person has to tip-toe around any conversation with or about a person of another race, in case they offend them and get labelled a bigot.

I hate racism and it obviously sux, but at the very least it's a conviction. I don't agree with it but the person can still think that way if he or she wants, whether I agree with it or not. But more than that I hate the people who are so quick to point the finger of accusation at anyone else whenever things like racism come up. Whenever people hear about immoral stuff they seem to want to be the first to shout very loudly about how against it they are, in order to confirm for everyone else the fact that they are morally in the right. If you've ever seen the episode from the first series of Blackadder, 'The Witchsmeller Pursuivant', it illustrates how ridiculous people can be when it comes to condemning others to shift blame away from themselves. And I just wanted to say that I can't stand this knee-jerk response thing with morals. I wish people would shut up and think before opening their mouths and pointing their fingers. Of course this applies to racism as well.

Agreed that narrow minded people like that are bad too - but racism is the worse pov out of the two.

Saying someone is a racist when they clearly aren't is narrow minded and ignorant, but it doesn't really do any harm or insult anyone personally. Where as being openly racist obviously cause a great deal of distress and hurt to other people and therefore is far worse.

in holland we have a situation.. there are young people frpm the marocs bassicly chasing away the police from their neighbourhood..it is wrong to say "fuck them m0f0's kick them away from there " or is it "better" to say " its because their "black"-ish and its in their nature"

is it both racist? or is the 2nd more racist?

now i had an experience with a m8 of mint that i used 2 play football with

he is not racist in any way shape or form

now he had a habit of calling pple names from how he saw them

ie: bald he'dd call them a bald bastard /fat=fat bastard /longhaired=longhaired git etc etc etc im sure you get the idea

now 1 day he was chopped down from behind and turned round and said fuk off you b***k bastard and was sent off 4 racist abuse

now my point is that he only called him that cause that was the other players characteristic not because he was rasist

but pple that didnt know him saw him as a racist its some thing we have 2 live with pple are 2 quick 2 judge and react

{24}Useless said:
I remember telling my best friend in school that I didn't like a guy in our class because of the way he treated me. The guy in question happened to be Pakistani and so my friend called me a racist. I wasn't saying I disliked him because he was Pakistani - his race had nothing to do with it. I just disliked him because...he was an arse.

You should have told him he was racist for assuming you didn't like the guy because he wasn't white. Then you should have stabbed him with a fork.

'You should have told him he was racist for assuming you didn't like the guy because he wasn't white.'

That's a good point - I never thought of that. The fact he immediately saw it as a racial thing is kinda suggestive. I happen to know he's not racist btw but the point still stands.

'he only called him that cause that was the other players characteristic not because he was rasist'

I dunno if being black is a characteristic really, but I see what you mean. On the other hand those other insults sound like things that people are commonly made fun of for, whether they are black or not. Black people can be just as fat or bald as anyone else, but it's hard to picture a white person being called a black bastard. I think what you mean is he was just picking the first thing he noticed about the guy, and in that case it just happened to be something other people couldn't accept.

First of all- the first series of Blackadder is shit :p:

Anyone with an ounce of common sense knows right from wrong. Personally I believe that anyone who divides the human race in their eyes through skin colour is an arse. People have different backgrounds and customs etc. That is ALL that divides us. Hating someone because they look different is stupid. Hating someone because they're a cnut or because they, i dunno i'll make an example, kill tigers for fur is justified. But to use their skin colour is weak and stupid.

Who's fault is it that this happens? The medias? Just look at the recent mobo awards (music of black origin) and see how the press spunked everywhere when a white person won an award. I mean seriously, national "respected" ((i use the term loosely)) newspapers basically saying "WE BEAT YOU AT YOUR OWN GAME". Dumb fucks! They may not have created the invisible gap, but they certainly do NOTHING to close it, especially with the remarks and stories I've seen recently.

The government here doesn't help either. Do you notice how middle class white people's use of drugs like cocaine is accepted, but put the same scenario in a working class area and what do you get?
Did anyone see the pictures of John Leslie snorting white christmas in The Sun / Mail last year? What would have happened if it was a jamaican yardie or something? Although you could say the same for a white football hooligan or something, but still, you get the idea.

It isn't all one way, but the people who should be doing something aren't.

sth happend to me in a footballmatch some weeks ago now i think, im a striker and reasonable good :X then a black guy had to defend me and at one point he was quite violent, using tackles, elbow me, pinch me... then i did it back :lol: i tackled him from behing ..he stood up and said to me "rot op vieze kaaskop" sth familiar as "fuck off cheesehead" (well thats the direct translation it means sth like fuck fuckwhite thrash" well it was offensive fs...i didnt really think of it, but now that im "forced" to think of i thought of it....well what wouldve happend if i said to him "fuck off n***er"..........

Ðeadßoy said:
now i had an experience with a m8 of mint that i used 2 play football with

he is not racist in any way shape or form

now he had a habit of calling pple names from how he saw them

ie: bald he'dd call them a bald bastard /fat=fat bastard /longhaired=longhaired git etc etc etc im sure you get the idea

now 1 day he was chopped down from behind and turned round and said fuk off you b***k bastard and was sent off 4 racist abuse

now my point is that he only called him that cause that was the other players characteristic not because he was rasist

but pple that didnt know him saw him as a racist its some thing we have 2 live with pple are 2 quick 2 judge and react

Being bald is a failure, being fat is a failure, being black is not. simple.

Yeah people forget that it's not just white people who can be racist. The MOBO awards omg. What would happen if someone came up with a Whites-Being-Superior-To-Other-Ethnicities-In-The-Field-Of-Music Awards? They'd get lynched by all the morally righteous, including whites, blacks and everyone else. But the MOBO's are the same thing only for black people. Kind of a double standard imo.

And yeah the first series was a bit shit except the 3rd and 4th episodes. 'Quick, the nunnery's on fire!' :D

Extase said:
Being bald is a failure, being fat is a failure, being black is not. simple.

erm bald pple cant help being bald m8 nor being black nor ginger ect

all i was saying is that if hed called him a fuzzyhaired nob or a squashed nosed git would it have been a rasict remark or not cause hes still only picking on a characteristic?

or purely because he called him black

after all most english pple reffer 2 french pple as frogs or the dutch as cloggies

all im trying 2 assertain is what is allowed and what isnt because if calling a black person black is a crime then why do they call themselves the black panthers / black power ect they say they are black and proud

but as soon as a white person calls some1 black everyone gasps

now one of my m8s is black and we laugh and joke

we were once out in the snow mucking about and the snow built up on his hair i laughed and called him guiness and he laughed like fuk 2

i think pple can go 2 far on this sort of stuff and lose sight that in the end we are all pple

abuse is abuse dont matter bout colour or creed , baldness or fat

Another good example of these weird attitudes is how nationalities are abbreviated in conversation. Calling someone a Scot if they come from Scotland is not racist. But calling someone a Paki when they come from Pakistan is :confused: Chink is the same - just a shortened version of Chinese but still not acceptable. Aussie for Australians is. Well I'm really confused now...

People can't help being bald, but it is not something they were born with, it's a defect of life, men go bald :crap: Not a nice one but hey.

So calling someone black, cos he normally calls someone fat or bald is like saying being black is a defect then? Cos from what u have said so far, it looks like he just looks for the defects in people and calls them that.

I do not interpret it any other way, i know being bald can't be helped, but going bald is a bad thing for 99% of people who go bald without wanting to. Being black is not.

Not saying he is racist, but you can see the difference i hope

Extase said:
People can't help being bald, but it is not something they were born with, it's a defect of life, men go bald :crap: Not a nice one but hey.

So calling someone black, cos he normally calls someone fat or bald is like saying being black is a defect then? Cos from what u have said so far, it looks like he just looks for the defects in people and calls them that.

I do not interpret it any other way, i know being bald can't be helped, but going bald is a bad thing for 99% of people who go bald without wanting to. Being black is not.

Not saying he is racist, but you can see the difference i hope

yeah i do m8

all im saying is that it was heat of the moment thing when some1 hurts you with a bad tackle you say the first thing that comes into your head

does this make it a racist remark or not

inthe uk there are loads of pple that play football from every race and colour now a racist would be found out pretty quicly

there is racism between whites and whites blacks and blacks etc

colour is not the only thing that makes it racist that is the point im trying 2 bring up m8

take useless as an example (this is not meant offensive in any way shape or form and should not be taken as such)

if i called him a white kilt wearing scotch drinking haggis munching jock

is that racist or not

im not trying 2 offend or wind anyone up by that remark

if i called him a white kilt wearing scotch drinking haggis munching jock

is that racist or not

im not trying 2 offend or wind anyone up by that remark

No it isn't

A race is members who carry the same genetic characterisitcs. Wearing kilts may well be carried in genes :P but i doubt it...

A nationality is not a race. As you said yourself, people from all ethnicities play football, football has many english players from different ethnic backgrounds, but who wants to be english. thats cool, but there is no english race (anymore at least. there might have been when people first settled on this rubbish island :P). no scottish race really either. there are stereotypes of course (ginger hair, beard, bagpipes, kilt, haggis etc). Same goes for all nationalities, i don't think anymore you can be racist by calling someone by their country.

edit: in response to useless' paki and chink question - those terms were originally used maliciously by stupid people. they've come to mean something else nowadays.

Last edited:
Extase said:
No it isn't

A race is members who carry the same genetic characterisitcs. Wearing kilts may well be carried in genes :P but i doubt it...

A nationality is not a race. As you said yourself, people from all ethnicities play football, football has many english players from different ethnic backgrounds, but who wants to be english. thats cool, but there is no english race (anymore at least. there might have been when people first settled on this rubbish island :P). no scottish race really either. there are stereotypes of course (ginger hair, beard, bagpipes, kilt, haggis etc). Same goes for all nationalities, i don't think anymore you can be racist by calling someone by their country.

thats y i added the word white in there m8 so it was racist imo

cause at the end of it all we are one race the human race

the word racist is the wrong word anyway

its prejudice thats the right word imho cause its deeper than the colour of 1s skin some1 that hates women hates all women black or white

but it dosent make it racist cause they h8 all women ect

i myself was born in gibraltar and as a kid was subject 2 racial comments and bullying because my dad is portugese the colour of your skin dont matter a fuk m8

we are all subject 2 and can suffer it whatever colour we are its just the focus is all on colour

like i say its not racism its prejudice

Yeh i agree with u
Didnt notice the white bit in front of scottish tho lol

At the end of the day it's just stupid incoherent little fucks who make this such an issue. Either crying wolf all the time, making it into too much of a big deal or just being actually racist.

My last girlfriend was mixed race and we had problems cause of those kinda dicks.

Anywayz, cant be arsed answering all the posts now, will get back to it sunday or sumat, just say this; people can easily use rascist remarks without rascists, its all in the perception, I have "coloured" mates who can easily deal with me calling them all manners of hideous stuff, OTOH I would never do the same to anyone I didnt know could deal with it and understand it has nothing to do with rascism...

Last edited by a moderator: