What to do with captains

• Hey - turns out IRC is out and something a little more modern has taken it's place... A little thing called Discord!

Join our community @ https://discord.gg/JuaSzXBZrk for a pick-up game, or just to rekindle with fellow community members.

LocoMouse

Mar 10, 2003
Netherlands
We got a serious situation here!
Its annoying to have the same ppl cap over and over while so many never even bother.
Change the script or make a list with turfing system or what?
Randcap for ever? This is just totally SHIT.

no random caps.. i cant say i captain much but waiting a while for caps is better than random caps.. the two latest random capped pugs ive played have ended up very SHIT because even if it can end up being fair teams, someone who usually never does tactics is forced to and doesnt know where to put ppl, and then it ends up being shit.

I used to cap a lot when I played more pugs, but my accent was so unintelligible (I was frequently told) that I had to type tacs, which no-one liked. Sod 'em.

Just turn randcap on and if people don't like it, tough? Suits me.

I know for a fact that I've captained some pugs (I hardly ever play pugs tho so I litterally mean like twice :P), where I've actually had to ask someone else to do the tactics for me just cuz I really don't know how people play tactically lol.

I have to ask where "the vials" is on ballistic and stuff like that. Some of the maps that I've seen being played I have to download on the spot.
I haven't played in a clan or anything like that in years, all I ever do is randomly frag people. So asking me to do tactics is just pretty much condemning that team from the get go. I can see alotta people in my situation, so randomcap is kinda dangerous dont u think?
Then again, like I said, I don't really pug all that often so it doesn't really matter what I think ;) just thought there would be more ppl like me and wanted to point that out :sofa:
/out!

randcaps will bring 90% shit pugs

the best thing would be a changed script..like loco said

so after 10 mins it goes automatic to randcaps

but setting always randcaps will end in a mess..and it will destroy pug totally, casue people refuse to sign/play pugs if it´s only a waste of time

If u play pugs like most ppl do u cant use the excuse that u dont know (how to give) tactics. Must be something we can do here!

randcaps, and find someone mature enough to put basic positions
tactics are overrated
its really not that hard

2 good guys at back, good comms guy sideroom/low tunnels whatever, other decent but dont need comms at the other side, 2 spam front== if comm guy doest need help = ulv will lose it from high

the script cannot be changed so no hope of that... randcaps doesnt ruin pugs its the immaturity of uta that does

We got a serious situation here!
Its annoying to have the same ppl cap over and over while so many never even bother.
Change the script or make a list with turfing system or what?
Randcap for ever? This is just totally SHIT.

Mild over reaction. Far less annoying than getting caps...picking teams...picking maps.....and finding at least 1 person has gone AFK.

Use tactics viewer. Make a default tactics file for pugs. And then just give people a number 1 to 6 before ya start.

Should take most of the problems of randcap away for people who don't know maps properly enough to set up a defence.

Infact with that in place i doubt you'd need to randcap anymore as it becomes lazy mode anyway.

Ofcourse if ya have an active captain he can decide to not use the default tactics and be creative. But atleast you'll have something in place in case of lazy bastards. *shrug*

I, personally cba to capt and I would only cap if I have to. And yes I'm saying it cos it's my opinion:

But I don't have any problem with randcaps and tbh ppl who doesnt like it, shud fo, like stu said. New ppl (yes I talk about ppl who joined assault pug recently) are even able to make tacs, if not, they shudnt sign. My opinion is if u can play a pug, you can also make tacs. Ppl shud learn to adapt to the game and also having apart in taking over responsibility.

I mean cmon, you guys play at least! 2-3 pugs a week, if you still don't know what ppl's best position is, where have u been the last 5 years? (cept fo the new ones)
then again if some1 caps who's new to pug, how hard is it for u guys to play a position u dont like? try to adapt (even u can still change the positions with another person if he agrees.

Technically, what Carnage said, is one of a good solution since you cant change the script at all

randcaps needs to be on

nobody will even cap against me anymore
!seen sphere

if a randcap pug gets ruined because of a lazy captain, he should be banned
if he tries and it fails, then no big deal.
also put your egos aside people and pick fairly, ex- me meteor often pick 4-3 teams cause we talk it out and make things even- always a wonderfully thrown boomerang.

personal responsibility, learn it.

nobody will even cap against me anymore
I do when i pug :P, then again its boring cuz i always get to take salva as firstpick and thus always win ;)

!seen sphere
:( :bawling: inactive sphere is actually 1 of the reasons i pug less... can't do proper sphere launches without sphere

if a randcap pug gets ruined because of a lazy captain, he should be banned
if he tries and it fails, then no big deal.
I agree with that

On a side note, say whatever u want but my siege 3 approach got people to captain within 2 minutes 95% of the time.
''I'm gonna captain in 2 minutes and pick siege 3''

Too bad you can't have volunteer on when its 12/12 for something like 5-10 minutes and then change to random captains. Or can you?

IMO It's better to have random captains on by default than having to wait 1 hour or more for captains or for someone to ping out "non-intentionally", or player having to leave because it's taken too long.

Also what html and pogo said: Sphere :mosher: :D

im on strike till sphere comes back or random!

same not capping anymore

uglyhammer.gif