What happened to LOL thread

• Hey - turns out IRC is out and something a little more modern has taken it's place... A little thing called Discord!

Join our community @ https://discord.gg/JuaSzXBZrk for a pick-up game, or just to rekindle with fellow community members.

I

ION Ace

Ok, a few ppl have thought of doing it, including me and Maily [Ed].
Me and maily then set up to doing it, we played around with HTML and eventuallly after many obstacles like teh php or whaever block it was, we finally got the html to work, Maily uploaded it to a site and icq'ed the site to a few admins, but stupid me did a typo so it didn't work, he quickly uploaded the corrected version I sent him and Twonko clicked it deleting the thread, Maily is now kicked from NRG and is banned from forums.
Personally I think this a bit Over the top, it was just spam and I doubt any1 really missed it, I would understand if it was a post from the league forum or something.

But if deleting the LOL thread really was as bad as Phearis making out then I think I should be banned from the forums as well, it isn't fair for just Maily to get banned.

Edit by Twonko

The LOL thread is dumb and pointless but so what. People like it. I would never knowingly have deleted it. The reason I am pissed is because my trust was abused. So was Cru's. And Kawada's might have been but the site wouldn't load for him.

Anyway it doesn't matter now because I've been told that Mailtwat and his gay friend are banned from the forums. No loss there. One idiot and one whose sig was more memorable than his posts.

Tw:) nk:) (abusing admin rights)

Re: What happened to LOL thread

well the LOL thread meant a lot to me :(

Well i mean its like public something u kno and it is not right, especially conning someone into doing it.
wtf is happening with this league :(

Which thread it is doesn't matter, its the fact that he did it to any thread.

He is banned from the forums for what he did. My decision to kick him from the clan is still pending the opinion of all the members in clan, but it not based on what he did, but that he tried to conn me and ultimately conned Twonko into deleting it, both his clan mates. Anyway thats really an internal clan matter.

And if as you say you are as much to blame Ace then yes you should be banned the same, kudos for stepping forward like that tho.

Thanx

Actually the code for deleting is given out by EZboard themselves I would think (haven't tested).. But the person giving the order must be logged in as moderator or admin..
It shouldn't be too hard to do, if it's how I think..

However doing it is pretty much like sending out a virus except this one doesn't spread like a virus. But both destroy others work, which is unacceptable nomatter what the work might be..

As for the LOL thread shouldn't EZboard have a back-up?
Dunno if they do restore threads if there's a good reason..
Maybe a bit hard to explain the good reason here but you never know ;)

Ok kicking Mailman was maybe uncalled for, but thats soely to do with NRG and no one else, but that was stupid deleting thread. With that program or whatever it was u could delete topics off peoples pirvate forums, once u used the hack to see topic names.

Tek

Isnt is possible to simply get an old page and restore the thread? Using the principle say that if u r on a page, and it gets updated, but u dont refresh, u can still see the old page, but it doesnt exist?

Perhaps I'm wrong tho :|

Crusader

How it was done

From what I have understood of it.

If a person is logged in on EZ board (and of lazines do not log off) then he is active on EZ board, and may issue any command.

That be making a new thread, posting in a thread, or whatever else can be done, as EZ boards coding is quite open. No big smokescreen on every view etz. (could be an option but could cause annoyances as well).

Example this reply is on a page called

pub8.ezboard.com/futassau...ic&index=6

where TopicID is the ID of the topic, and Index is the forum, quite simple.

As for the submit, I do not know how it is handled precicely, again I am only guesing and trying to be smart.

But anyway this info should be used to easily create a new thread or issue a command (only admins and moderators are able to do that though).

So putting this short if you are moderator, get a 2nd account for that, one which you are not logged into, then this wont happend.

:lol: Think about it cru, you have to dig your way thru caches to find some ~270 pages, then feed them to the ezboard script or suming ;)

Nawh, the only solution is if ezboard does backups and are willing to restore it.

Anyway, the "sad" thing isn't as much the loss of ~270 pages worth of highly unintelligent spam, or the fact it was a kinda neat thing to have that massive a thread where it took a good 4 mins to post :lol: , the "sad" part is that some arseheads thinks it funny to delete it, that's just stupid. Plain and simple. What did you achieve?

No-One shakes his head; "silly ignorant twats, what to do?"

Oh well, which thread to boost to 666 pages? any ideas?

Re: How it was done

That's pretty much what I would suggest, Eq.. and indeed NEVER be logged in as Admin. :eek: (unless you need to work on something of cause)

Re: Message

you selfish ,selfserving knobs

who ever did the code sent the code uploaded to code what ever ..and sent it with the sole purpose of getting that thred deleted ffs what is wrong with you ...

YOUR CO<KS

no better than Nasty or Virus coz your just trying to ruin other peoples fun ...

W@NKERS...

Re: Message

BUUUHUUUUHUUUU:(

oh well, cant keep a good spammer down.onwards and upwards:)

yep i mean whats the point?, it wasnt doin any harm

ffs ppl grow up, or @#%$ off

RE:

Kick them out the league....what they did was screw over other players, im affraid it may seem like a little fun and a bit of a joke but they knew nobody would find it funny

Stupid cunts grow up, people like u make people leave

Re: RE:

From the time you told that you had Twonko deleting it without knowing it till I had a site doing the same was about 5-10 min effective work/thinking time..
There is no block or anything, EZboard security just sux butt here :eek:

Here's a screenie of my extremely cool eraser :eek: :lol:
yes.jpg

Re: RE:

ROFL.

stupidpeoplelargegroupt.jpg

The bug has been reported to EZ Board. Funny @#%$, I didn't think he would do it :o