UTAStats Frozen.

• Hey - turns out IRC is out and something a little more modern has taken it's place... A little thing called Discord!

Join our community @ https://discord.gg/JuaSzXBZrk for a pick-up game, or just to rekindle with fellow community members.

'//3iRd(o)

Administrator
Sep 19, 2001
Dorset, UK
UPDATE 23/09: TEMPORARY LOCATION FOR UTASTATS

pinhead has donated the (ab)use of his server temporarily wihle utstats improvements are made.

UTAStats can be reached by visiting the following url: http://pyrii.net/~utaleague/utstats/

--
Original message:-

UTA's Stats imports have been disabled until further notice.

This is purely down to the size and complexity of the existing stats data - in it's current form the code and data behind UTStats is highly inefficient, and causes some great strain on any server running it.

Until such a time that we can secure a more efficient method of storing + processing our stats, UTA Stats will not be processed; though logs will be kept indefinitely so we can retrospectively import 'past' data as required.

Feel free to leave your comments below, and of course anyone with PHP/MySQL experience is welcome to our current UTStats code repository should you feel you can undertake the mammoth task of recoding it, or certainly fixing the problem areas.

Last edited:
why don't you just drop the public stats and only leave the Match/Pug stats?
I guess this will save you a lot of data, since only your UTA nick+ Clan will be restoreed then.

seems like a banging idea to me, only ever really look at match stats myself anyway as pubs you never really know who your playing.... Dunno how easy that would be to implement tho :confused:

Going forward, splitting stats off is do-able; but this doesn't fix the main cause of the problem which is the inefficiency of the UTStats code.

Splitting off stats going backward will however not be a simple task, and may not actually do us any favours.

We're running various tests over this next week or so, but it's not quick when there's finite resource able to actually help out with the code/database.

What are you actually trying different now Weirdo?
Are you trying to make an entire new stats-system? Or just trying to make the stats be less massiive in data/coding?

What are you actually trying different now Weirdo?
Are you trying to make an entire new stats-system? Or just trying to make the stats be less massiive in data/coding?

pinhead's been helping test a few things with separating the old match stats out; so our initial plan of attack is to get everything that's a match / pug game back online, then work out how to improve the data querying.

Starting from scratch is never going to happen, given the amount of coders we (don't) have.

Which one of them?

:lol:

It's well and good to say "that's a good idea" but you gotta provide solutions.

If everyone in UTA chips in some change we could potentially hire a person to help re-code, or even just buy a bigger/better server. However most people in UTA are poor or don't donate, what can you expect from people playing a free game in a nice free league?

@doh / weirdo: I think wicked_clown might have experience with PHP and since he plays WoW we can assume he's got too much free time so shoot him an email :P

:lol:

It's well and good to say "that's a good idea" but you gotta provide solutions.

If everyone in UTA chips in some change we could potentially hire a person to help re-code, or even just buy a bigger/better server. However most people in UTA are poor or don't donate, what can you expect from people playing a free game in a nice free league?

@doh / weirdo: I think wicked_clown might have experience with PHP and since he plays WoW we can assume he's got too much free time so shoot him an email :P

PHP are not the issue, making efficient SQL queries on limited resources is.

I'm assuming that's rather tough - not that I'd know. How much time would you be able to estimate a project like that might take by a moderate coder and what might you estimate the expense to be? ...if you could please ;)