UTAStats Frozen.

• Hey - turns out IRC is out and something a little more modern has taken it's place... A little thing called Discord!

Join our community @ https://discord.gg/JuaSzXBZrk for a pick-up game, or just to rekindle with fellow community members.

PHP are not the issue, making efficient SQL queries on limited resources is.
effiency has its limits.

If the amount of raw data is huge enough, every server gets slow.
And when you log every public, leageu and PUG match, the data is incredible much.

One possible way is to reduce database joins and queries as much as possible (fuck the normalization)
Also limit the possibility of fllexibel searches. (ie. replace "like" with "=" or placeholders)
Another good way is to create an archive table. So (for example) every month the data from the current datatable gets transfered into the archives, meaning that current stats will be queried much much faster.

but i suppose you knew that or even tried it alrdy. :\

Last edited:
Bart - assuming you didn't just copy/paste that from google, why are you not on the dev team fs? :P
i had to do that from time to time at work for bout 3 years and even creating databases for my own programs, there i started to hate such database stuff.
Depending on the amount of joins, tables and relations, this is an annoying work (atleast for me).

The only thing i would do is: drop table 'stats' -> execute
So it's seriously better for us all, that i'm not in the "coalition of the willing" :P

I propose forming a coalition of the unwilling and forcing Bart to join and fix UTAstats for us. Worst that could happen is that he pulls a Psy and we lose everything for about 40 minutes until the wonderful admin team rushes to the rescue in lovely superhero outfits, restores the database and bans Bart for life - thus doing the league an enormous favor.

I'll try and help on the performance issue of UTstats.

:edit:Anyways, no hurry to have since server logs are being stored until the system is up to process them again, as Timo explained.
In other words, no kill will be lost.:edit:

Last edited:
Wow, thanks a lot for hosting this pinny! :clap: It's nice to see league members going out of their way to host some great things like this for free. Thanks a lot to pinny and weirdo for all the time they've donated to this, and thanks of course to Popiuol who's donating a lot of his time as well to fixing the stats up a bit! :clap: