Ut2003

• Hey - turns out IRC is out and something a little more modern has taken it's place... A little thing called Discord!

Join our community @ https://discord.gg/JuaSzXBZrk for a pick-up game, or just to rekindle with fellow community members.

UltraViolet

Kebab King Of The North East
Feb 20, 2002
UK
I just splashed out some cash on Ut2003... ermmm 3 Cds?!
Not bad so far - but I'm not that impressed yet....

Problems I've spotted so far...

1. Theres no hammer which is a bit crap...
2. The Machine Gun is shite (takes minutes to kill someone with it!).
3. The sniper rifle takes too long to re-load.
4. The sounds/gfx for the plasma gun is pants (looks like the gfx were done in a few minutes in paint or something).
5. NO ASSAULT?!?!? Why not?! Come on the game aint that impressive, theres nothing outstandingly new apart from updated gfx and some butt ass voice over man!

Theres my gripes so far...

I connected to one server (CTF) and downloaded a add-on which changes all the guns and sounds to the original UT :)) much better!! LOL...

Time to go and sit in a darkened room.

-------------- LONG LIVE DARK! ----------------

1. Theres no hammer which is a bit crap...

eh , there is one :P That shield weapon thingy , if you Load it full , and aim it to the ground you can do a hammerjump :p:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2. The Machine Gun is shite (takes minutes to kill someone with it!).

omg ! with the primary fire you take someone out in 5 seconds !
--------------------------------------------------
3. The sniper rifle takes too long to re-load.
True that :)
-----------------------------------
4. The sounds/gfx for the plasma gun is pants (looks like the gfx were done in a few minutes in paint or something).
You reckon ? I don't think they're 2 bad , but look at Ut , you can't actually say they're outstanding there huh?
------------------------------------------------------
5. NO ASSAULT?!?!? Why not?! Come on the game aint that impressive, theres nothing outstandingly new apart from updated gfx and some butt ass voice over man!

They're already making mods to play assault, so I wouldn't be too worried about that ;) But still , its shite it aint standard..:/

Now I've worked out how to use Adrenaline the games a little better... how come they did not put this info in the instruction booklet?!

:argue:

i think bombing run more than makes up for the lack of an assualt mode.
also is using the link mode of the link gun worth it?

IT is if you link to someone with an half decent aim. If there some random firing n00b then its pointless.

Linking to someone make steh first persons link gun 3 times as powerful, so it can deal some serious damage.

Also, when linked, the first person whos shooting doesnt lose any ammo.

cool
also any1 kno any more adrenaline combos

so far i kno
up, up, up, up = speed
up, up, down, down = berserk
down, down, down, down = boaster
something i cannot remeber is invisibility

Ok, so i've done a couple of shield jumps now... I'm starting to feel at home at little with UT2003, plus I find the normal fire of the machine gun is better than the secondary for some reason?!

More practice and messin about is needed!

A collection of Green things to ponder over....

:evil: :bah: :spider:

Swapping the mouse buttons over sucks huh!

The rocket launcher is a bugger also - I kill myself loads of with it at the moment!

Its just that primairy fire with rox just shoots one and secondairy clusters m. That was a thing I had to get used to aswell. And the primairy fire of the machinegun is much more powerfull than the spammy secondairy...
We have to arrange a get to gether this weekend ...NICK?1!?1?

Originally posted by /\p3X
Its just that primairy fire with rox just shoots one and secondairy clusters m. That was a thing I had to get used to aswell. And the primairy fire of the machinegun is much more powerfull than the spammy secondairy...
We have to arrange a get to gether this weekend ...NICK?1!?1?

Not true.

Primairy fire rockets = 1 rocket fired

Secondary fire rockets = 3 rockets fired in a line

Primary fire rockets with secondary clicked after the first rocket loaded = 3 rockets clusted.