Steve Irwin

• Hey - turns out IRC is out and something a little more modern has taken it's place... A little thing called Discord!

Join our community @ https://discord.gg/JuaSzXBZrk for a pick-up game, or just to rekindle with fellow community members.

Great guy, it was just bad luck that caused this I guess, probably has little to do with the 'danger' he's normally in. After all, what are the odds of getting stabbed right in the heart by a stringray?
RIP Steve, always loved his shows :(

RIP steve, a legend with amazing passion for his work. Don't really find that picture amusing but I guess this is chitchat =/

U had my respect croc hunter!

stop making fun of it pls. that's something u dont do in the first week after his dead.

Crikey!!! R.I.P :(
My thoughts go out to his family, at least he went doing what he loved best.

Gen > I don't think a Croc would have ever gotten the better of him, he knew them too well and was able to read their signs n stuff.

I don't think that he was an idiot. Stringrays are not know to be vicious animals and only attack when they feel threatened. According to his close friend, Steve was swimming above the stingray and wasn't antaganizing it in any way. Their poision isn't enough to kill a person, it was just a freak accident.

Yeah and the guy swimming with him said he'd been stung by one before but it was a million to one shot he died from it

As far as I know, there has only ever been one person killed by a stingray and that was in the 1940's or something daft.

The stingray is commonly known as "the pussycat of the sea" so I doubt Irwin saw it as a "dangerous" situation.

Theres been a few people killed from them in the past, think its only one previously in Australia and then a few in some other countries, dont think its even in the 100's though and most deaths are pure bad luck. :(