Setting up a LeagueAS Match

• Hey - turns out IRC is out and something a little more modern has taken it's place... A little thing called Discord!

Join our community @ https://discord.gg/JuaSzXBZrk for a pick-up game, or just to rekindle with fellow community members.

put this in system folder and type

exec public.txt

from within game...should work..... :D

Attachments

• public.txt
    455 bytes · Views: 283
btw, thx psy
now it's perfect, with u're lesson and the post about the txt files (thx to all other 2), working perfect, we can handle a easy setup of the server now!
:)
n1 :beer:

if anyone is still using these files or wants to give them a try:
i am still using them and here is the current version.

if you have any questions or suggestions, just reply here.

----------------------------------------------------------------------
1) short explanation (taken from ICQ):

- wherever there is [***...***] you have to replace it with you own PW.
- if you wanna set for iAS you have to execute the 1-iAS.txt before you start with the serversetup.
- for the serversetup itself: (you have put all the files in your own system dir.)
- make a copy for lets say 1-pro.txt if you wanna play proAS and rename it for example to aak.txt if you wanna play vs aak
- then open it and enter the teamnames and pws, oh and the mapcycle if you want
- then save it, thats all
- on the server just execute aak.txt and then 2.txt and it starts.
- 3.txt to reset everything

2) long explanation:

note:
- there are some lines in the files (like "aircontrol") that are not really necessary,
but the files are working well and i am too lazy to remove those lines :D
- afterall they just give some extra "security" when setting up a match, so you sould leave them in.
- the mapshortcut for asthenosphereAL is "aal" on our server. but i don't know if leagueAS140 brings that shortcut or if you still have to enter it yourself in the ini (polle,crat,w' ?).

--------------------------------------------------------------

how to prepare them for your server:
- to make them ready for use with your server, open all of them and enter the correct passwords where it says [***...***].
- in every file read the whole text, not just the part in the files where it says "changes only here"
- you have to make up the temporary passwords. don't leave them as they are and chose difficult ones.
- when you have done that, move the files into your own system-directory

how to use them to setup the server:
it is explained in this thread and the concept is still the same.
but this is how i do it:

- make a copy of the file 1-std.txt if the match is stdAS, of 1-pro.txt, if it is proAS. of 1-i.txt if it is iAS.
- rename that copy to "swap.txt" if our opponents are the swedes :D
(easy to remember when u r in UT).
- open that file, and where it says "FOR MATCHES -> ENTER THE CORRECT VALUES @ EACH LINE"...
- ... enter both teams' names and pws
- ... enter the maplist [maps played twice, then maps played once (alternating, one per clan), last map is warmup and has to have a "!" before it]
- close and save that file
- start UT, connect to the server
- (if you wanna set the server for an iAS, execute 1-iAS.txt now, and wait for reconnect)
- execute swap.txt
- wait and then execute 2.txt.
- then reconnect (everyone has to)
- when the war is over, or during the war when swappies leave cuz we pwn them ;) , execute 3.txt to reset everything to normal settings.

note:
these .txt files change the adminpassword.
i did this in order to avoid
- loggin in as an admin mid-match accidently when pushing the up-arrow one time too often when i am in the console, and then setting the server with swap.txt again
- 2.txt working too soon (before teamnames etc are set)
- other shit like that. just to avoid trouble.

if you want that too, a txtfile "matchadmin.txt" with "adminlogin [***temporary-admin-pw***]" in it could come in handy,
if (for some reason) you should have to login as an admin during a match (maybe to pause it or switchmaps manually).
[ in that case "exec matchadmin.txt" will give you admin and a nice screen-spam to all players :D ]

if you don't want that, just delete that line in the 1-*.txt files (at the bottom).
and in 2.txt you have to change the temporary-password too then (replace it with the normal admin-pw of course).
3.txt comes with two adminlogins so it won't matter there.

phew...okay i think i covered pretty much everything...
like i said. if you still have questions or suggestions. post it :)

so here are the files. HF :)

Attachments

• Serversetup-Files_Taki_v10.zip
    4.9 KB · Views: 240
Reactions: Cratos