Points System SUX

• Hey - turns out IRC is out and something a little more modern has taken it's place... A little thing called Discord!

Join our community @ https://discord.gg/JuaSzXBZrk for a pick-up game, or just to rekindle with fellow community members.

Yo Yo effect

The reason you do not want the down up, is so that the clans are down up same month right?

Just make as you said in Option a) that the clan goes down without going up again instead 2nd in the division are taken up.

That way they are demoted for at least 1 month. But they start at a shared top spot. so the clan doing best of the two highest ranked get up. (or if another clan lower ranked beat the crap out of both gets up)

Just see the example mentioned above happening, a clan are demoted, once down there they beat the top 4 clans 8-0 8-0 8-0 8-0 showing they are FAR superiour, but needs to wait another month due to not being at the top but at middle instead.

I hope you can see that is a bug as well. And if they prove themself stronger even if it is the same clan should they not be promoted after their 1 month in 2nd division?

As for the EoS or Mi6 solution, I understand it, and I will try and get in touch with both clans, to hear their input about it.

Re: Yo Yo effect

You can't go down and then up again in the same month, if we were to put them at the top then they would be put there after the top team had been promoted, they wouldn't be put top and then imediately promoted again, that would be silly :lol:
But you could get demoted, promoted at the end of the month, demoted again, etc. etc. And if that happens then no body else in the league will move divisions.......

Thanx

Err not true

Phear, if that happends, then it means they are better then the clan they are put alike, as they have the same amount of points, hence should go up. But when up they are put alike to the clan up there, who they do not beat, so they go down again, which are fair.

Also the month they are not down another goes up down as well.

This might lead to 2 clans going up/down all the time, but this would happend because, neither of the other clans in the division bellow are better, and they are not better then any in the division above.

Just like in other sports the same clan can go up down a lot of times in a row, but it is broken over time. And if they do, then it is because they are in a gray zone.

The best of the 2 highest ranked are promoted, and the poorest of the 2 lowest ranked are demoted. They start alike at start of month, but end different.

Would it not be more fair that happend, then 1 clan who are far supperiour for the division are keept down for 2 months?

Re: Err not true

what about we change it a bit so we think it is the best solution and if it only has a few bugs we just play a last match : say it was obvious to all that a clan shouldn't be demoted then they just do a match with the clan that should normally go up and whoever wins goes up.

OR we could do this anyway : the to be demoted and to be promoted clans play a sort of playoff with the winners staying/going to the next division.

although this would mean more games

just an idea

Now thats not a bad idea, the bottom 2 clans and the top 2 clans playing off to go up or down. Hmmmmm worth considering that one......................

Thanx

playing off

If that is introduced, could the demoted clan be placed at top, it is the most fair thing. read above.

a conversion would look like this (to be fair and give every clan the chance to rise/drop, this is just a suggestion, Im doin like ion here so Im not talking for mi5, but this is what I would do...):

division1
mi5 102 points
nrg 101 points
tnt 100 points
cne 99 points
mod 98 points

division2
eos 102 points
mi6 101 points
ion 100 points
tms 99 points
tka 98 points

division3
tow 102 points
suym 101 points
1m1b 100 points
tnt2 99 points
ut lords 98 points

reason for seasons is that each clan should get the opportunity to play as many matches as any other clan. if we used a ladder system some clans would be without (enough to have fun atleast) matches, trust me.

and I didnt say that holding zone clans (the current ones) should go division (as u see from above). they have to sign up again if they really want to play, and I really think it would give them the chance to do it also. if u sign up u play 4 matches in 4 weeks (against the rest clans in same div), thats required. if u dont, u get deleted. simple.

AnD InCluDe TrAde PheAr!!!! u have your points, but u have the same amount of tradin points, lets buy and sell!! we can have agents, sites for it and yes: ADVeRTISeMeNT

:x

Hmm.

Equalisatium, skilled Assault player seeks clan atm playing for ION.

Bids start at 100$

Re: Hmm.

Ace, newbie assault player seeks clan atm playing for >ION< Bids start at -100$

ps the - isn't a misprint

Ok just to fill you in, Mat and I have agreed it is better to always relegate a team regardless of whether or not any clans drop out. Also this month EoS have agreed they are happy with letting Mi6 get relegated then promoted, so from now on 1 team will ALWAYS be relegated regardless of whether any clans leave the league or not. This month Mi6 will be relegated (err assuming they do finish bottom they have 2 matches left to play) and Mi6 and ION will be promoted to Div1.

Divisions containing 5 teams and/or Play offs for promotion & relegation are still being considered, but atm these are the extent of the changes that are being considered.

Thanx everyone for your input.

Just out of interest, do people really think it's fair that Mi6 manage to survive the drop on a technicality when previous clans have had to endure it?

Hey fair enuf Gazzy, we did it now as a favour to ION, but if ya wanna argue the toss we will implement it next month like we originally said we would :)

Ouch, shoot yaself in the foot.

Thanx

Uhm ... ION wasn't brought into this, I merely asked the question (retorical) and expected a few clans to reply with their feelings, that is all.

nah there's no point argueing about it m8, as you pointed out it's unfair to bend the rules for some1's benefit so we will implement the change next month. This will give everyone plenty of notice :)

Oh and you expected a few answers to your rhetorical question? A rhetorical question is one that needs no answer :)

Thanx

.. but on the other hand it's unfair to deny ION a place in the highest division after getting where they are now.

What's with the anomousity towards ION btw?

I have no animosity against ION as a clan, even if I did it wouldn't affect my decisions.

ION will still get into Div1, just start with fewer points (whatever Mi6 finishes on). It's not unfair, its the way it should be, as you pointed out it's unfair to bend the rules for some1's favour (in this case to implement the change early and allow ION to start Div1 with more points).

Cheers again.

Bending rules

Bending yes, favors 2 clan ION and Mi6, agreed.

Reason not to favor those to, but to get a bug in system removed as quickly as possible.

At times I wish I would not be in a clan that gains from this, as then my arguments would not look like hidden agenda to improve the clan I am in.

I say get the bug out as quickly as possible. And starting this month should be done.

As for other changes to add the things that is needed are

a) speed in advancement, as bottomn division is to long in my eyes, as a clan can quickly prove to belong higher up.

b) fairness for demoted clan.

First fairness for demoted clan. Once demoted put at top of league along with the top clan who stays. If you are strongest clan you go up again.

Now for speed in advancement someone mentioned play off, so 2nd in lower divsion plays 7th in division above, winner goes up, losser stays down, they exchange position and points if that happends.

Secondary promoted clan are given a disadvantage as they are left behind with truly upgraded clan, while demoted clan are given the advance that they are in the lead with 1 clan with simulair score (the truly demoted clan)

Now going from bottomn to 2nd position in a division if you are a good clan, are possible in 1 month, but only if you are far supperior (entitled to get promotion, IF you can beat 7th ranked as well)

The only possible problem with this is if 2nd and 7th can not get a match quickly so they settle who win. solution here would be that they have 5 days to settle match in.

31 day month 30th to 3rd
30 day month 29th to 3rd
29 day month 28th to 3rd
28 day month 27th to 3rd

5 days should be enough to settle the match, and get it played. Problem can be to arrange matches with other clans, as these 2 clans do not know which division they belong to, but surely we are adult enough to make it possible.

Please give some input on this, that can be used constructivly.

These last chanages are changes that are not likely to affect me, but I would still like them to happend, as they would improve the league. Same as above suggestion with getting points evened out as fast as possible, not that much because they affect ION, the clan I am in, but more because it means less time needed for things getting back to standard in point spread.

just one thing....

MI6 u had better win the rest on you games or else.... :p

we... errr I mean u need the pionts :p

Fear>ION<

Sorry for opening the box....