Points System SUX

• Hey - turns out IRC is out and something a little more modern has taken it's place... A little thing called Discord!

Join our community @ https://discord.gg/JuaSzXBZrk for a pick-up game, or just to rekindle with fellow community members.

F

Fear ION

**Big Breath**

Ok the league points system sux... and I'm not the only one that thinks this! and to make it worst the promotion points system sux even more (if that is possible). As it stands we have 1100+ points and when we get to Div1 (soon :) ) we will be reduced to just 400ish that stinks. At the start of the league you get 1000 points and now just cos no one in Div2 could beat us we start div1 with 600 points less than we started in the league with in the first place... which would also mean trying to catch teams like Mi5 impossible we would need to beat every clan in Div about 4 times to even get near :(

Fear>ION<

I may be wrong but that's how I've interpreted the rules.

yeah, u got point m8 :(
a new clan needs about half a year to get on top (if the clan wins EVERY match)
so, why should any clan join in now? :(
sorry that i stole ur thread Fear to write that, but i needed to say that

Oh goody :) Everyone hates the league system, you come up with a new idea, everyone seems to like it and bam 2 months l8r people start having a go at that one :(

Anyway, yeah the points system has some flaws, but you can't find a perfect system. The general consensus seems to be that the current system is better than the old one. Besides it isn't really that bad, ok so Mi5 have quite a lead, but it shouldn't take to long to gain on the rest if your good enuf. Look at TnT they have worked their way up to 3rd only a few points behind -=]NRG[=- too. And if you can beat Mi5 you'll gain leaps and bounds on everyone :)

Thanx

I don't understand the idea of having divisions..

Wouldn't it be easier if it was just 1 big division and the clans lose or gain a percentage of the oppositions points?

If this was the case, you could also make it so the points are reset every x months (kinda like the end of a season) that way one team can't get such a huge lead that it makes them impossible to catch up to. And of course there would be a limit of matchs a clan can play per season, and seeing as both teams must agree on having a match, a newbie clan can refuse a request from the best clan if they want to, because they know they dont stand a chance...

anyways, thats just my opinion.. :)

Yeah there are some good reasons for not having divisions, but there 2 good reasons for having them are:

1) It allows the top division(s) to pre-schedule their matches (or have them scheduled for them). This can't be done with the bottom div (or 1 big div) because they can play Holding Zone clans, if matches in were pre-scheduled for them Holding Zone clans might not get to play for ages.

2) It gives the lower down clans something closer to aim for. I dunno about you but I'd prefer to be 2nd/3rd in Div 2 aimimg for top, than 10th/11th in 1 big div with the aim a long way off.

It does slow movement in the league down a bit, but we are considering 2 up/down at the end of each month to help this along a bit.

Thanx

The main problem with resetting the points is clans like Mi5 who have worked realy hard to get high up get it all taken away. it was bad enough moving to this new system (which is very impressive ;) and suits MOST people ok. I see your point, clans going into div 1 should get 1000 points (needs discussing). I am very against resettin points becuause doing that wipes all your achievements, thnx

TERM :smokin:

How does the saying go...?
"You can please some of the people some of the time but you can't please all of the people all of the time" ... lol, or something like that anyway!
Regardless of how a system is setup to accommodate all peoples likings, it will never happen in practice. It's not anyones fault, it's just the way it goes :)
£10 goes to anyone who can fully devise a league system that it fault free and keeps the girls and boys happy :)

Afx :cool:

Sorry, i don't get the problem. Afraid of losing prestige anybody ? Or scared that someone could think your clan is not that good as another ?? Hell, this league ladder reflets so much, but not what clan is better than another (ok, not in every case, but most times). It mainly shows how long a clan exists, how good it performed over all the time we have a league, it shows the actual strenght of a clan due to the latest results and finally you just get a survey over all the matches played.

If a clan here beats Mi5 everybody knows this is a good clan, even if this clan is 5 ranks more down. Or do you really say MoD is better than EoS cos of these 8 points or wot ?? Just play, win and/or lose and see how you go up or down in the ladder. Or does anybody here think that ION is a bad clan, cos they are only in div 2 ? I don't and next month you can prove yourself in div 1 and if you really beat Mi5 than it is a great victory for you, you will get loads of points and loads of respect, while Mi5 finally tastes a loss again ;) .......who would care then if you are only on rank 5 (e.g.) and Mi5 still on top ?? Noone !!
But in the end everybody can still see that Mi5 did a great job for a long time and that ION is rather new......and rather hot.
Nuf from me here.......

1 problem

the scores are to spread out. Simple solution at the end of each month the lowest ranked in a division are put equal to at least half the current leading clan. That way the point difference are reduced, but there is still plenty to battle about, and being at the lead with twice the points of lowest clan is still an achievement.

or perhaps an even more complicated solution

1st 100% points
2nd 80% points
3rd 70% points
4th 60% points
5th 50% points
6th 45% points
7th 40% points
8th 40% points

The reset are only used if a clan have less so with current league if the month ended now the scores would be

1st 100% points 1926
2nd 75% points 1445 (1391)
3rd 65% points 1388 (72%)
4th 55% points 1059 (930)
5th 50% points 963 (846)
6th 45% points 867 (648)
7th 40% points 770 (640)
8th 40% points 770 (471)

Then after poins have been evened out (as with current % if used) most clans gain a small bost, and might happend each month a clan gets a boost, if they qualify to it.

Now after the boosting have been performed to reset the scores to 1000 points the total points are found which in this case would be 9188 points compared to 8000 (1000 per clan) it would be a factor of 1.1485 (9188/8000) which points are divided by. (yep calculations but who care, everyone get a more fair chance to catch up, and you are not performing them)

the clan who join up still needs time to catch up but they might earn some extra points if they can get a good position.

Give this addition a thought will ya thanks

Re: 1 problem

common, take the football ladder
8 clans, 7 games each month, i dont see a problem
most clans ive seen while playing more and more CTF/DOM/TDM play EVERY damn day a match (or at least every 2 days).
so where is the problem to get 7 games a month?
i dont see one

Reason for no more games

Not everyone are fanatics, some actualy like to have spare time beside UT.

If you want a fanatic division start your own *G*

Anyway if this one goes fanatic I am almost tempted to use my free homepage on making a well less highpased league.

Good idea

Great but, how about 1 game a week....

3pts win
1pt draw
0pt loss

8 teams a div.. play each other once = 7 games

The bottom 2 from div1 go down and the top2 from div2 go up.... etc (if there are more leauges) you could take in to account maps won and lost eg.. for and against (in case of a tie at the end of the season)... beginning to sound like football i know but hey thats been around for over a 100yrs and thats stronger than ever!!

this system has been around in Q2 for years and is STILL going strong www.ukccl.co.uk 10th season now and they have LOADS of clans playing

One other good thing is, its easyer to work out points none of this 10% here, 10% there.. must admit Phear it will make your job alot easyer :)

Fear>ION<

also... if you only play one game a week it gives you time to practice and play friendlys.. as i think 7 games a month is a bit MAD :p

Re: Good idea

Well u have me to thank for the current promotion/demotion system, do I hear any cheers?? nope :( . The reason that clans cant enter mid table is because of points spread top to bottom. We worked out, and were right for a change, that using any other system would lead to new division clans entering in 3 or 4th place in the division if not higher. The current system though not flawless means that clans new to a division have to prove they are good enough to stay in it. With the current system, if a newly entered clan performs worse than the bottom clan they leave the division at the end of the month. With giving them a % of points a clan new to the division could perform much worse than the lowest ranked and stay in the division, is that fair? I think not.

Another unforeseen problem was people dropping from the division as KSL have, this means that the lowest points clan gets to stay in the division further aggrevating the gap. Simple fact is though that if a team is very very good and better than mi5 they would be able to catch them up within 3-4 months, Mi5 have played well and consistent to get their points lead and its only fair that they keep it.

People slagged the old Ladder system for the same reason those at the bottom would struggle to catch the top clans, well im afraid thats life!!!! And ION im sorry if you think its unfair, but I see no fairer system than what we have. It has flaws such as people leaving but overall is by far the fairest I can think of. Come up with a flawless system and you'll get my congratulations and AFX's tenner :p .

ION?

just to clerify a thing. There are only 2 persons who are entitled at present to state things for ION and the persons are StarScream as well as FireStorm.

(yes I know that means that the statement above are not being backed up by other then my word, but trust me it is that way, reason I bring it up is to state that even if members of ION should say things, it may not be the general oppinion of the clan)

When that is said I would like to say that I love the current system, thought through the lack of demotions as you mention the gab/point spread have become to large.

And hence to remove that, add the improve scores in different ranks to at least X% of the leading clan to reduce that gap. If clans had not left, and things had not been changed due to that from an ideal world, I would not think any clan would have had to be given free points, but things have not worked out ideal.

There are many solutions but few/none that will fit everyone.

I gave my idea how to prevent to much of a point spread, and still give the leading clan a good lead 33% more then closest clan for the leading (100/75 = 1.33 more or 33% more), or in other words 2nd position having 75% of the leading clan, or more if they earned it.

Anyway this makes a less spread league, but still differences between clans, and still a lot to fight about, since the clans who do well and advance in positions are sure to have a certain % of the leading clans points, though if they are higher they keep it.

So put it simple, leading clan keep leading, but catching up are easier, but still takes time.

As for the idea with 3/1/0 points, to simple, winning over clans like Mi5/NRG/TnT in 1st division ION/TmS/TKA in 2nd division should give more, as they have proven themself harder adverceries.

So I love this system, but seems due to unforseen events from the initial plan (clans droping out) the system have presented itself with flaws.

I have made some suggestions on how to fix the flaws earlier, but to keep them simple I suggest the above % system, sure the % might need tuning, but something like that 2nd clan 75% max to give some headlead, and 40% as lowest as to not shut new clans entering first division out totally.

Ok I have had the word (babbled) for long enough, please positive critism, present alternatives/fixes.

The idea with 3/1/0 points, and all fight all have been suggested, and seem to have been rejected. Current system is to stay, but needs some bug fixing to remove the no clan demoted problem.

If you read all this thanks. (booring right?)

ION? Nope, personal opinion

so i´m gonna say something too.
i wondered in last time how i could be possible for anyone to catch up to mi5, as they get more points every week, and especially if you are in div2.
The main problem with resetting the points is clans like Mi5 who have worked realy hard to get high up get it all taken away.
as in soccer or most other leagues, at end of a season, here it is the end of a month, points ARE resetted, and everyone starts for new. thats what it makes good to see a season passing bye, every "clan" has the chance to become champ at end.
the CHAMP, as it is mi5 atm, gets the honor of BEING the champ, as u r in soccer if you r on top of league at end of the season. so this is my suggestion to make things better, plz think about it.
as it is the way atm, no div2 clan who enters div1 can win in 1 month, and
Sorry, i don't get the problem. Afraid of losing prestige anybody ? Or scared that someone could think your clan is not that good as another ??
its the job of a league to turn out the best at the end of a season.
this message was not put here by the clan ION but only by me, inquisitor. i hope div1 clans also might think about it, i hope u can imagine the situation for me if i see: well it might take us half a year to become div1 champ (if we are good enough).
over and out.
InQuisitoR>ION<
inquisitor1.jpg

YuP yUp YUp yUP

so whats the problem? it took us half a year! check our league section at members01.chellos.se/mi5...

Me again :p

So why not have a league system which resets the points at the end of a season? (OK MI5 Respect where it is due :) but would it not be more fun to fight your way to the top!, each season?). This will give all clans a better chance of winning :) as it is I can see more clans dropping out of the league as players lose interest in chasing the top clans :(

The Idea I put forward is a good idea that's why almost EVER other league system in multiplayer gaming that I've seen use something on those lines :)

The Thing about clans dropping.... the current system proves to make the gap between the upper and lower clans in div1 bigger as each season passes :( ... hey what happens when the lower clans get in to negative scores?

As I see the current system I give it only a few months if that b4 there is a real problem :( how can a clan take 10% of another clans point if the losing side has 0 cos 10% of 0 is errrrrrrr 0 :p

I'm not speaking FOR ION but its the general feeling I get from the ppl I speak to, which is alot :) ,some are in the top teams of div1.. I will not name ppl as its there right not to speak out

I'm not here to bitch about things, start a war or even bring about world peace just trying to help set up a league system that will keep more ppl happy and one that can last :)

Fear>ION<

Re: .....

can we get someone who is ready to speak for ION ;)
it doesn't necessarily have to take too much time to reach the top! to hold it and secure it takes far much more time. if we had a system where we would reset the points then where would players find ambition to play when they have no chance to reach the top before the points are reset? as it is now everyone have the possibility to do it, it might take time, as it did for us. when it comes to reaching a division closer to the top you will always get the chance to play atleast 4 matches in division 1, and as you and 1 other clan start out with the same amount of points you only have to do better than that clan in those 4 matches, and if you can't do better than that clan (who obviously has not been doing very well before) then you drop out, and isn't that fair?

Re: .....

Well I suggested 8 teams per div and everyone plays each other once = 7 games after everyone has played there 7 games then that would be the end of season (will take about 2 months) then the points would be reset, bottom two clans go down the top 2 from the div below go up.

As for ambition! imagine last game of the season say NRG v MI5 both won 6 lost 0... I can feel the tension now :)

Fear>ION<

If i was to write my idea down in full would you all be willing to put it to the vote?