OpenGL once and for all.

• Hey - turns out IRC is out and something a little more modern has taken it's place... A little thing called Discord!

Join our community @ https://discord.gg/JuaSzXBZrk for a pick-up game, or just to rekindle with fellow community members.

if any of u lot can still get an old voodoo card (3 or higher) u should get it if ur only playing ut.. it's shit for other games but rox for ut..

even if u could tweak ur opengl to the max it wouldnt come near glide :)

yeh i was talking about ut :P

tbh i would be interested in a comparison
lemme setup something... gonna post it later

Just take a pic of "the spot" like looking out of cave to main gate on bridge or looking off top of siege tower of course showing fps :]

1) that CH ... ain't good :P ;)
2) that is one of my probs... i can't take screenshots in glide anymore since i put the newest 3rdParty Drivers for the 5500 on :(

luckily i capture in D3D for movies etc.
but i can't get you a screenshot :(
but i will tell ya, how many fps i got there. (and maybe i'll put on the older drivers again so i can give you screenshots)

but i was more talking about comparing frames at the end of a demo. will post it when i find the time to translate the instructions to english :D

he means he need's time to remove the aimbot from his system :p

I guess it's got to do with comps on the performance , because on my comp , I'm with Farac & Ajax , opengl is aload of balls for me , it's the other way around for me , d3d gives the higher fps and the opengl gives me this constant laggy feeling , and goes even worse when I demo

You can see a quite a difference in the pics , like on openGL , it's quite dark , look where my med box's are on my pic and then look at Paa's openGL one , the med box's on his are quite hard to see imo

Last edited:
darkness or whatever means nothing as sshot's are taken without gamma correction i think ?

its not that dark ingame believe me also different monitor's mean different brightness settings

Dont forget there is a fix for O-Glide brightness for UT.
I got it from Cash when I was using a Gforce2 Pro, it works no problems after pasting some lines into your O-Glide ini.
Dont think I have it anymore tho...

hmm fix ? never heard of a fix more like a completely different renderer tho... the one im using now is 172 kb

the one from epic is 130 ?

has alot of extra code in it and i have no brightness problems

This is what nekro's looks like he actually complained about d3d tho lol

he got a MyM special

xp2000 512 ddr gf4ti4800se ?

siegenek1.jpg

lol, its okay now i changed the brightness haha was very low :p

i like it now. looks good.

all i need now is a chair and comp desk :p