new Maps

• Hey - turns out IRC is out and something a little more modern has taken it's place... A little thing called Discord!

Join our community @ https://discord.gg/JuaSzXBZrk for a pick-up game, or just to rekindle with fellow community members.

:eek: I just got an e-mail through from pro-hosting (one of those 50MB free things) which I signed upto over 2 ago now, I found one of my maps I made for the old ULL server on it :D As-RookEX. Its not so good as it was only a 30min job but you get the idea. If we are lacking maps we maybe should look at changing existing ones.

Reactions: Sauron
/me kicks farakkkkk for having a sig 8x bigger than his post :P and get on msn :P my icq's broke :P

Rob1000100 said:
:eek: I just got an e-mail through from pro-hosting (one of those 50MB free things) which I signed upto over 2 ago now, I found one of my maps I made for the old ULL server on it :D As-RookEX. Its not so good as it was only a 30min job but you get the idea. If we are lacking maps we maybe should look at changing existing ones.

interesting AL version. but the teleporter system for the defenders fucks it up. if you remove that and let the defenders always spawn at the original spawnpoint its a perfectly balanced map.
if you think of it, rook is only finishable because the defenders have a hard time to get to the final. now if you give them a direct teleport to the sniper this map will be a draw 3 out of 4 times.
also the new objective is too easy to defend with the teleport, first this pub thing which is designed like the libarary (easily to defend) and then this long spammable tunnel, plus there is a flak cannon. if the defenders have to run over from their spawn its well balanced. the attackers have the shorter way to the objective, but the defenders have the elevated position and the flak, so few defenders can hold the attackers up long enough so their teammates have time to come and help them.

so to sum it up, remove the teleporter system, let the defenders always spawn at the same place they spawn in the original rook, add 1 minute to the original timelimit, call it RookAL and it shall be entered into the league :thumb:

Like I said it was a 30min job, I figured that the rocket would ballence it out as it would be very easy to launch. The lack of a bio-rifle means that the first objective would be easy. The idea of having multiple spawn points I thought would spread the defenders out creating more room to launch :/. It never even got play tested so I don't know how it would play.

Rook is a short map, only 4mins on the clock the idea of this map is to extend it a little hence the EX (extended)

Last edited:
Gazzy said:
The Coldsteel maps were class indeed, true the first one did have a few bugs, but still they were really fun to play right? :D

AS-Orbital too yeah, another cool one from that server, its fucking ages ago now (2-3 years?)
I have to say As-orbital and As-Coldersteel are class maps indeed :D
And about Demon NL :P Ressurection of Bluff :P

a few peeps work in the background on a few maps
hopefully we have soon a lil playtest with 2 or 3 of them´

i bet there would be more peeps working on maps and fixes....

but :

would u work much on a thing (mapfix) if u see that the power of decision that it comes to league or not....
is only based on the opinion of only 4 or 5 peeps....and their best m8´s ??

:sofa:

and @ rob

go on with that :thumb:

ah, i didnt see the rockets i have to admit.
but imo with rockets there its too easy to launch, the attackers shud have to take them from the library.

the idea of spreading the defenders is good, but with the teleporter system you achieve the opposite, with the teles they can always just suicide and go to where they need to be. without the tele they need to coordinate and go to the right spots.

Last edited:
ehrm... with sum "skills" it's possible to complete it in less than 5 mins....

You want to divide it into two maps u say?

Like first map stops when the reinforcements arrive and u can get inside the rocketbase?