new Maps

• Hey - turns out IRC is out and something a little more modern has taken it's place... A little thing called Discord!

Join our community @ https://discord.gg/JuaSzXBZrk for a pick-up game, or just to rekindle with fellow community members.

@eaggi: no m8, it's just that it might get a lil boring with the same brown texture..... it'll seem cramped up.... :\

ynnuBretsaE said:
@eaggi: no m8, it's just that it might get a lil boring with the same brown texture..... it'll seem cramped up.... :\
Tydium...? Cramped up??? wtf!?

geez. I mean.. seriously...

How can one find fault with Tydium when we have bollocks like Desolate, Subbase and AutoRIP in the league?

Look at Quake 1 and 2 - they're all brown aswell, but they kick ass!

If you want pretty colours, take some LSD before all your matches.

Reactions: SX
I'm confused

First, you have as-guardia in the league. If thats a leagueworthy map, than everymap ever created is leagueworthy.

These maps should definately be in the league.

[.zip]AS-Guardia][ is greater than AS-Guardia. It's better than any of the Guardia versions on the server, on top of that, it's actually beatable 6v6.

[.zip]AS-Riverbed][ is a decent map...I guess it's quite spammy but no worse than AS-RiverbedAL is it not?

AS-Bioassault could be a quality map if all the teamcannons were removed and the spawnpoints fixed, and when skipping the second entrance to get the science corridor, it triggers the second entrance fortstandard.

guardia is a league map because it came with the game and a n00b clan can pick the 7 maps untill they learn league maps.

OK ... i gotta say this, why is it people dont understand what makes a good league map?

i see 250 posts in this thread and a vast majority are bollox suggestions about maps that would not play well, and you know damn well they wouold never be allowed to enter the league.

More Guardias? Riverbed2? (just using you as an example drunk theres millions of others earlier on in the thread)

AS-Tydium... cmon any sense and you know this could never be a league map, all the objectives can be got to by attackers at the beginning, and they can stand near em and just get 1 2 3 4 like bloody ocean floor speed.

Theres a certain quality of maps in this league, and i myself and a number of others would like to see this standard maintained, meaning good graphics and good gameplay. auto rip and subbase 2 are decent league maps and they play bloody well, i just dont understand some of the 30 or so ridiculus suggestions people have posted in this thread its been said b4, there are no more decent maps, unless new ones are made which is doubtful, theres maybe 1 or 2 possibilitys like , geko,snow,saqqara, and none of these are gr8 either.

Dru2k said:
AS-Bioassault could be a quality map if all the teamcannons were removed and the spawnpoints fixed, and when skipping the second entrance to get the science corridor, it triggers the second entrance fortstandard.

+ fix the door of the secret way.... (no j/K)

+ fix the whole final area......

Gawd, I run an american league and AS-Guardia][ is picked EVERY match. It really is a quality map, maybe not for 6v6..but even than it's still not that bad.

I can tell you its better than AS-Astenosphere...AS-OceanFloorAL...AS-GuardiaAL...

Dru2k said:
I can tell you its better than AS-Astenosphere...AS-OceanFloorAL...AS-GuardiaAL...

its definiteley not better than asthen, and a) being better than ocean or guardia aint hard but b) doesnt make it a good leagueworthy map either.

theres a reason good reason why it never made it into this league.