New)ish) OGL render (3rd party)

• Hey - turns out IRC is out and something a little more modern has taken it's place... A little thing called Discord!

Join our community @ https://discord.gg/JuaSzXBZrk for a pick-up game, or just to rekindle with fellow community members.

dont notice ANY difference with trilinear enabled no performance increase does'nt look any better either.. nor worse

or get a fuckin nV card and not some ATI bull who cant even score into the loo when they shit :moon:

well paa never noticed the hard borders between the mipmap arrays if your running at a high LOD (lets say +0.5 or higher)
youll notice them pretty shitty in bilinear while in trilinear all mipmaps zones are smoothed to a single one with descending detail in distance.

For Sale: Professional Unreal Tournament Solutions
By: Paa`
Pages: 1200
Price: 1$
ISBN: ABCHJS 309 JGJ 12

Originally posted by CeCe
I doubt u have any experience to draw that conclusion from..

:moon2:

I know alot of people in RL aswell as online (including you btw) who have had bad experiences with ATI cards; few who hate theyre well-shaped, sexy and fast nV cards ;) (considering the share of people using nV/ATI cards)

And ffs I know what all them l33t benchmakrs prove that ATI is cheap as tissues and still kicks the ass out of nV cards, but the truth is that ATI suck and theyre cards brake easily.

Last edited:
well regardless of my happy nv experience
my next card will be a nice ati one.ati has great customersupport over here so if it breaks you get a nice replacement.

Same here there is'nt really anything nvidia can offer which makes me wanna buy there cards

my next card will either be a rad 9500 pro or 9700/9800 pro more than likely a 9700 pro when the price drops to 150-199 mark which wont be long :]

my m8s just bought a new ati 9700 pro and guess what about 10 sec after i started talking to him about it i was laughing out loud.
his card can only run 2d apps (occasionally also software rendered 3d apps) opengl doesnt work at all and D3d crashes after some seconds, while he has all new drivers and stuff :D

:lol:

He is owned :p:

The new dirvers for the 9700 are rocking.

Remember bridge in that place from the spawn? Remember my 57 odd FPS? Its 64-65 now (about a 15% boost) :lol:

Including me?

I never had huge problems with ATI cards...

I do had to send back my 9700 cos the fan stopped working but that's hardly ATI's fault... It's a Sapphire Radeon not an ATI one.

Apart from that I never had trouble with ATI cards so no need to include me, sobo

I´m using the OpenGL Renderer v2.1 from that site, this are the settings from my INI:

[OpenGLDrv.OpenGLRenderDevice]
RefreshRate=100
UseBGRATextures=True
UseAA=False
NumAASamples=2
AAFilterHint=2
UseSSE=2
UseTexIdPool=True
DynamicTexIdRecycleLevel=100
UseTexPool=True
TexDXT1ToDXT3=True
SinglePassDetail=True
UseDetailAlpha=True
ColorizeDetailTextures=False
UseCVA=False
UseVertexProgram=False
SwapInterval=0
LODBias=-1.500000
UseMultiTexture=True
UsePalette=True
UseAlphaPalette=True
ShareLists=True
AlwaysMipmap=True
VolumetricLighting=True
ShinySurfaces=True
Coronas=True
HighDetailActors=True
DetailTextures=True
UseTrilinear=True
UseS3TC=False
UseTNT=True
MinDepthBits=32
Use4444Textures=True
UsePrecache=False
DescFlags=1
Description=NVIDIA GeForce4 Ti 4800 SE
NoFiltering=False
MaxAnisotropy=0
TruFormMinVertices=0
TruFormTessellation=3
UseTruForm=True
MaskedTextureHack=True
UseMultiDrawArrays=True
BufferClippedActorTris=True
DetailClipping=True
MaxTMUnits=4
UseFilterSGIS=False
AutoGenerateMipmaps=True
UseZTrick=True
MaxLogTextureSize=8
MinLogTextureSize=2
MaxLogVOverU=8
MaxLogUOverV=8
GammaOffset=0.000000

and this is the result (couldnt get it higher):

Attachments

• shot0006.jpg
    shot0006.jpg
    83.3 KB · Views: 92
Originally posted by Ice
when i try to use opengl it switches to software mode and i get 10 fps. can use d3d aswell then, about same framecount :rolleyes:

i thought fire fixed that once?

bit late, but version 2.2 is out, it enables one to gamma correct screenshots. :):) finally a handy tool against those dark screenshots in glide.

Ice said:
when i try to use opengl it switches to software mode and i get 10 fps. can use d3d aswell then, about same framecount :rolleyes:

Lower the RefreshRate in the ogl settings :o

Stick to what your monitor/card can handle (60-70?)