Minigun lockdown!?

• Hey - turns out IRC is out and something a little more modern has taken it's place... A little thing called Discord!

Join our community @ https://discord.gg/JuaSzXBZrk for a pick-up game, or just to rekindle with fellow community members.

Ba]V[sE

Mar 13, 2002
Sweden
What do you think about the minigun lockdown!?

I think it sux because it favours lowpingers and you
cant fight fairly if you get lockdown...

Almost all DM servers have removed it and it feels more
fightable even when you get minigunned.

I have low ping myself but think it sux anyway because
of the fighting ability.

/Ba]V[sE

what u mean with lockdown? the thing that u cant dodge anymore when being under minigunfire? (same with pulse then)

Nope leave it as it is unless u prepared to address problems with other weapons (i.e. ridiculously fast reload on sniper)

It doesnt affect other weapons, you can set for example
only minigun nolockdown...

With tiw you can of course have higher ticrate if you want

whats tiw now :stupid:

sure the lockdown is annoying sometimes.. but i think on the other hand its just realistic that the power of that weapons force u in place.. imagine rockets wouldnt affect ur moving would be same ridiculous imo

oh so u can turn that off? rofl, i always hate it, coz it always fucks up my sniper aim coz my dodge didnt work and so i aimed beside his head coz i counted on that dodge :o

if i hate something about UT its that minigun shit lockdown or however u call it.

ye fix it :D

Nice bringing up the topic :thumb:
136 already includes TIW which would allow us, for example, to increase tickrate on servers for iAS matches (if servers can handle it). Lowers F1/F6 pings without messing up weapons balance :cool:

Removing minigun lockdown is an option on TIW, not decided yet.... although I'd like to get rid of it as well, I bet all the "skilled" "ping players" out there (loads) will want it to stay.

Opinions please :D

oh dear god
what is this league coming to

get rid of the mini/pulse holding, but dont ffs get rid of the minigun

Psychotic said:
Removing minigun lockdown is an option on TIW, not decided yet.... although I'd like to get rid of it as well, I bet all the "skilled" "ping players" out there (loads) will want it to stay.

Opinions please :D

People's opinion what is skilled is apparantly rather different.... why is not skilled to lock down your enemy with a minnigun? My fav weapon is the RL but i don't see why skilled players with minnigun should be disadvantaged...

The whole "ping" idea is taking the fuckin piss, people that think "they" will hit everything with 20 ping should pull their heads outta their own arses. Hitting 70-90 ping people with minni is hard enough as it is, and it's SKILLED not "skilled"

Allthough i think it NOT favors me (with everyone in this league not believing me because "I" have a low ping xept the people that COULD know who agree with me), i don't think the lockdown is a major advantage over other weapons, and if you think it does, LEARN TO USE THE MINNI THEN

fs people like yako and squirrel have no problem winning minnifights from me, why would any other...

I (used to be :( ) a low pinger but i would deffinatly get rid of the lockdown thingy.... messed up dodges and hammerjumps... damn annoying.

Jwer I see your point, BUT the lockdown remove doesnt take away the skillfactor
and you can still kill with mini.

I like to kill with mini BUT when someone really get a lockdown you stand no chance, and I don´t mean on orange with 70 ping

im talking about 20-50 pings they can ez rape you with mini if they get lockdown.

Lockdown option just let you do jumps and dodge doesnt affect minidamage.

Avalanche said:
sure the lockdown is annoying sometimes.. but i think on the other hand its just realistic that the power of that weapons force u in place.. imagine rockets wouldnt affect ur moving would be same ridiculous imo

"Realistic"? Oh yes, very important part of Assault that. :D

Squirrel (USA ping) has no problems in a minigun fight with you jwer? :rofl:
Tell me that was a joke....

Anyway the point of this is not to make minigun equal on every ping, that's just impossible. Minigun effectiveness depends on ping/skill in a 80%/20% rate.

+ what bamse just said.