Map Suggestion Thread

• Hey - turns out IRC is out and something a little more modern has taken it's place... A little thing called Discord!

Join our community @ https://discord.gg/JuaSzXBZrk for a pick-up game, or just to rekindle with fellow community members.

and on the left side of the weirdshaped triangle theres a super flying donkey monkey, and sauron always takes it from behind when we are attacking so i dont want it in coz we always lose

:whatever:

but i think i speak for everyone that i would choose rather rocketcommand than submarine base ][

bah do you fuckers like :P iam slowy coming to like sub-base2

Originally posted by ProjectX
and on the left side of the weirdshaped triangle theres a super flying donkey monkey, and sauron always takes it from behind when we are attacking so i dont want it in coz we always lose

:whatever:
:stupid:

Yeah........Rocketcommand is a nice map and the league is still short on maps, so i think Rocketcommand should be added to the league maps.
To Submarinebase ][: I played the map now 10 times and it isn't as complicated as it might look at the first view. I managed to finish the map in 1:08 and i dont get lost now. The map is ok if u play it some times. But only the future will tell if the map can survive in the league.

Last edited:
Is the AS-the_scarab suggested yet? It owns :D

and the couple of times i pld autorip and subbase on orange league maps it wasnt that spammy and both finished under 2 minutes.

Probably becoz there are few players on the server and they also dont know the map well yet, but so far i enjoyed myself on those maps.

w00t i luv as-feudal,

for a solid defence some objectives may have 2 be left undefended (like mazon chains sometimes)

maybe shite for publics, but as a 6vs6 league map, this will OWN!!!

dig d/l so start now! :D

ok think we got 4 good solid maps to recomend for next month

AS-Midnight
AS-Progress
AS-Scarab
AS-Vampire

all four of these maps imo would make good league maps as they all have a good flow to them

So far these are the best maps.....

But there are some things ......

AS-Progress: Dont like this one very much. Seems to be a very short and little map. And with 6 vs 6 maybe a little spammy.:whatever:

AS-Scarab:Really nice map, good weapons and spawn-points and alternative routes to all objectives.

AS-Vampire:Like Scarab a very balanced map.....

AS-Midnight: Didnt find this one to download....can someone link a download mirror plz

And dont forget AS-Rocketcommand:Takes a bit longer but with an organized attack this should be no problem. And who don't like to finish all opponents at once with redeemer...:naughty:

Progess is a short map, short maps means more maps played in the 2 hour time frame, unlike rocket comand which has been said too be too long for the league as for the link to midnight go back a couple of pages as the link is in this topic

AS-midnight

looking over the edge of siegetower gives me more fps then AS-midnight.

Also the first objective is right next 2 the defenders spawn and there is a shitload of shock there.

still would prefer it over alot of maps currenly in the league but in a vote AS-vampire should beat this map anyday imo

Originally posted by Ajax
ok think we got 4 good solid maps to recomend for next month

AS-Midnight
AS-Progress
AS-Scarab
AS-Vampire

all four of these maps imo would make good league maps as they all have a good flow to them

all are not the worst maps ever suggested

so i'm REALLY with :stupid:

they are all good :)
btw: fixed two bugs in the al version of vampire, sorry didnt realize them at first but ppl told me of it :) Now its fine :)

my suggestion
1. RocketCommand (maybe AL version to make it runable on slower pcs and shorten it if necessary)
2. AS-Scarab
3. AS-VampireAL of course :D
4. AS-Bioassault (al version would be good at end and for mortars)
5. AS-Wolf (yeah its spam but still eazy to do)

Last edited:
add ruins to that list and maybe arrivalv2
bioassault needs to have those damn autocannons removed:D
more maps to pick from the better imo

ok I removed cannons and mortars but I am not going to change the map layout this is something, the author (grz) has to do and I wouldnt change it, the end is ok and without cannons/mortars u will do this map fast enough
just thought about the weapon/ammo placing hmmm maybe a sniper at start with no ammo? dunno....

btw: its a great map (without cannons) :)

Last edited:
Would it be possible to concentrate all the map discussion on a single thread plz :D
Franziska is spreading VampireAL threads all around the forum :lol:
Nice to see new mappers for the league, especially since you are not playing it, you will be soon, im sure :)
I dont think GRZ complains if you modify his map a bit. He is actually working for ut2k3, he abandoned us :bawling:
This time ask for suggestion before release the AL version plz. Or make "ALbeta" versions first.

ok grz thx
i never would modify any of ur leaguemaps, they are perfect, i dont like them all, riverbed i hate to be honest but thas why i am to stupid to play it :lol:
but all are great and perfect balanced, except maybe submarine but i think u rushed a bit with it cuz u hadnt got enough time

@psycho: this thread is about bioassault not vampire...

for bioassault: i will start with al beta 1 etc. tell me what I shall improve...
u said remove auto cannons/mortars

Done!
and now?
any weapon wishes? or something other (like spawnpoints grz mentioned...) dunno much about the map how it plays online although i think spawns are spammy but fair