Legalise Cannabis and other drugs?

• Hey - turns out IRC is out and something a little more modern has taken it's place... A little thing called Discord!

Join our community @ https://discord.gg/JuaSzXBZrk for a pick-up game, or just to rekindle with fellow community members.

People should be allowed to do whatever they like, consume whatever they like, perform any kind of sexual acts, worship whoever they like, fantase about whatever they like, SO LONG AS THEY ARE OLD ENOUGH TO MAKE THEIR OWN DECISIONS AND THEY DO NOT CAUSE HARM TO ANYONE ELSE.

If people want to get themselves addited to drugs, so be it, but if they harm anyone in the process (through not being able to control their actions or whatever) they should be subject to the same "punishment" as if they were sober.

People should be allowed to do whatever they like, consume whatever they like, perform any kind of sexual acts, worship whoever they like, fantase about whatever they like, SO LONG AS THEY ARE OLD ENOUGH TO MAKE THEIR OWN DECISIONS AND THEY DO NOT CAUSE HARM TO ANYONE ELSE.

If people want to get themselves addited to drugs, so be it, but if they harm anyone in the process (through not being able to control their actions or whatever) they should be subject to the same "punishment" as if they were sober.

I agree 100% with where you are coming from Phear, however you have to look at the bigger picture too. If someone is addicted to heroin they use up valuable government resources - time, hospital space, NHS funding, our tax money, funding for re-hab centers etc etc. This is not fair on those who aren't addicted as we end up paying for their habit, and losing out on necessary treatment etc ourselves.

I woul rephrase what you have written to include the disclaimer:

"People should be allowed to do whatever they like, consume whatever they like, perform any kind of sexual acts, worship whoever they like, fantase about whatever they like, SO LONG AS THEY ARE OLD ENOUGH TO MAKE THEIR OWN DECISIONS AND THEY DO NOT CAUSE HARM TO ANYONE ELSE and do not expect any help or benfits from anyone else if they chose to do so

Originally posted by Spirit
"People should be allowed to do whatever they like, consume whatever they like, perform any kind of sexual acts, worship whoever they like, fantase about whatever they like, SO LONG AS THEY ARE OLD ENOUGH TO MAKE THEIR OWN DECISIONS AND THEY DO NOT CAUSE HARM TO ANYONE ELSE and do not expect any help or benfits from anyone else if they chose to do so

Problem with your addendum Spirit: It is fine if they do not contribute anything in taxes themselves. But what if they are also taxpayers? They could then claim they have just as much right to hospital treatment as anyone else because they help fund the hospitals too.

I guess maybe you could say "no help/treatment/benefit for any illnesses/suffering caused by your drug habit" as a way around that...

Originally posted by Spirit

Actually, and this is fact, no-one has ever died in recorded history as a direct result of using cannabis. :smoke2:

And that's the rub. There have simply been no long terms studies into the physiological or mental effects of prolonged use of cannabis in pure form.

Even if you smoke weed by itself, or resin by itself, the act of smoking still produces tars (incompletely combusted vegetable matter) and other toxic substances. So you still end up with lung problems. Bongs and water pipes do reduce the amount of nastiness you inhale, but still don't eliminate it, and as the smoke is generally cooler, the tars will solidify quicker in your lungs leading to an increased deposit rate than might normally be the case. Swings and roundabouts...

But apparently this doesnt extend to chasing foxes :rolleyes:

BTW I agree with what you say above Phil just would allow maybe a little more.

@Spirit
Imagine a society where heroin is legal. Imagine a whole generation of kids that have grown up on smack, the coutry would fall apart within minutes.

A lot of drugs were freely available untill 100 years ago. Heroin was made to try and reduce additicion to Morphine and Opium, but then banned itself at the turn of the centuary.
Cocaine was legal until the first world war when it was banned because soldiers and war workers were out of there trees instead of fighting/working lol :)(same time pub closing hours were introduced!)
Luckily most people are sensible so i doubt the country would fall apart. It just maybe wouldnt work as hard :)

I would legalise all, and as phear says caught causing trouble then you face the consequences. The goverment could raise revenues off it to plough into research etc.

Last edited:
Aye as Phear says, it should read "anything that has feelings" not "anyone". Animals are not on the same level as humans, however the can still feel pain, fear and emotions and therefore are on their own level and should not be harmed by others just as much as humans.

Problem with your addendum Spirit: It is fine if they do not contribute anything in taxes themselves. But what if they are also taxpayers? They could then claim they have just as much right to hospital treatment as anyone else because they help fund the hospitals too.
If they are paying taxes thats not a problem - how many heroin addicts do you know that are holding down a steady job though? Taxes do not build up, you pay for the NHS on a month to month basis. If you take up full time drug use instead of working, then you stop paying tax then you give up your right to those benefits provided by tax.

@Spirit
Imagine a society where heroin is legal. Imagine a whole generation of kids that have grown up on smack, the coutry would fall apart within minutes.

Precisely why all my previous posts have stated I believe class A drugs should be illegal, did you read any of them? I would quote some but the forums are running too slowly for me, have a read back for yourself :) I believe cannabis should be legalised, but class A drugs should, if anything, have the laws made stricter.

Last edited:
@ Spirit - yes, I did read your previous posts. However, I was responding to your addition to phil's post (which is basically just rewording the wiccan/pagan ethos of "And it harm none, do as thou wilt") and you did not write:

"blablabla drug yourself as silly as you please as long as you realise you wont get any treatment/help if anything goes wrong."

OK, so I paraphrased a bit, but the point I was making was that you can't simply deny treatment to someone who suffers because they abuse drugs if they are also a taxpayer contributing to the funding/running of the NHS/hospitals.

Addendum (n.) n.
1. A thing to be added; an appendix or addition

For anyone else like me thats didnt know what it meant :D

A power tools is dangerous without propper instruction, same goes with drugs.
natural drugs are often 100% safe, chems are usually refined or designer in nature which cant compare to mother natures many years of experience.

U can make drugs ilegal ,but ppl will allways find something to get high on.some of those alternative arent as healthy as weed, like putting your head in the micro wave..

my view on drugs is simple

your responsable for your own actions

there is no such thing as instant addiction so you make your choice.

should drugs be legalised ... 2 of the most harmfull allready are

id like to see Canabis legalised , but not other harder drugs and deffo not pills and i dont care what anyone says about um.

does Canabis lead onto harder drugs?

yes and no

depending on the person.

theres one thing that really pisses me off infact i hate it more than i can say, and thats people who simply can not afford to smoke, drink do drugs, they live off benifts ect pay the minimum they can back into the system.
but when there liver packs up or there kidneys, they need another hand out, they get preferential treatment and jump waiting ques for the very same reasons, and these paterns stem thru familys...anyway thats a side issue , i just find disgusting.

Last edited:
Fookin right m8. People like us pay taxes and all we seem to be doing is subsidising scroungers. It pisses me off a lot. Maybe I'll need it one day but the only thing I've been to hospital for in the last 15 years was a foot injury through play cricket and I was given some paracetamol and told to bugger off and was in pain for weeks. If I was in with a heroin overdose I would have been treated there and then, given as much help as I wanted and not payed for it at all. The system fookin sux.

BTW for all you children out there. FFS don't listen to Gen, putting your head in the microwave is not only really bad for you but it doesn't make you feel good either.

Have to say I agree with Plonks there, fuck me :\

System does suck, but then again I can't think of a better alternative so...

Ddint read all the thread becasue its one hell of a clas conersion ! :thumb:

well canabis for legal drug IMO, when i drink a bottle of beer i usually drink another and yet another and...
smoking a joint keeps me satisfied though, so count the price for all of it

i personally dont smoke tobacco because ive seen too many friends going addictive on it and having no money :\ only time i use tabacco is stretching the joint you know, i dont think alcohol is dangerous at all but at all sides big time more dangerous than canabis!!

so why dont exchange? make canabis legal and tabacco illegal?

and god damn i wish there would have never been drugs like heroin on this world, THIS is what makes people go mad and live on streets not canabis, look at all those great people using Canabis, Bob marley for example to get in the mood when making a song or singing in general.

Last edited:
and god damn i wish there would have never been drugs like heroin on this world,

Heroin is just another refined product, the poppy flower which it comes from is 1 if the big medicenal break throughs.

And i never sugested u put your head in the micro plonko, just said it was bad:p:btw u have tried it i guess since u know it isnt pleasurable?:D

Heroin is a prescription drug in the UK and used in various situations as a painkiller. Its called Heroin btw because one side effect is it makes people think there is "hero in them". Why shouldnt it be legal, commercially manufactured its as cheap as chips and wrecks peoples lives no more than alcohol does. The only prolem in the UK is the crime that goes with it for them to pay for their addiction.