Legalise Cannabis and other drugs?

• Hey - turns out IRC is out and something a little more modern has taken it's place... A little thing called Discord!

Join our community @ https://discord.gg/JuaSzXBZrk for a pick-up game, or just to rekindle with fellow community members.

the first five civilizations where built upon the invention of booze and bread, and what you might call recreational drugs. and would the world be a better place without them? what kind of a question is that...? if television wasn't invented you wouldn't miss it (and the world would be a far better place without it imo). is it that you wish them away because you see what problems they've caused? consider instead why people who take dangerous drugs take them - call that the problem, and solve it. as well as when it comes to every major bad situation in the world (war, poverty, environment, why people come to take this or that drug). there is such a big difference between drugs, but i guess this discussion has to do with "soft" drugs? soft drugs is much less dangerous than alchohol in general, and i think it should be legal to use (perhaps controlled though, as with alchohol). if it comes to "hard" drugs or what you call it, it's a question of "can you afford to get the good stuff?" because if you don't - you're dead. every major star live and workin' in the 60s-70s used drugs, some that seem alive and healthy today could take heroin for 10 years, every day, and alot more than the usual fuckup could take - how did they survive? they could afford pure stuff... most can't, so they'll take whatever shit they can get (which will kill them), and which is still expensive enough to put them on the streets and making them criminals also - so it should be illegal, because it does not only hurt yourself but others to.

(soz read first page, no time to read all, but this is what i think)

10 yrs of heroine addiction? :eek: survived
many dont stand a year but the fact about pure drugs and stretched ones sounds like a reasonable explanation although i dont think that 10 yrs of addiction is possible maybe more than one but ten years, nah

look at fooking elton john... took more heroin than anyone, for 7 years, every day. read any music-magazine (bout all those, from stones and stooges to stone roses and verve...)

watch CNN`s higher times doc.

Get it off kazaa, its DEA and drugwar madness in all its gruesome glory

Psst!!!!
I got a real neat recipe for a 'herbal brew'.
Alcohol and THC all in one pop!

Me to, 1 bottle of 60% alcohol then add a couple of plants,but only stems and leaves which u noramly dont use.let it sit a month or somehting and u got THC shots :)

Originally posted by Thuringwethil
And that's the rub. There have simply been no long terms studies into the physiological or mental effects of prolonged use of cannabis in pure form.

Even if you smoke weed by itself, or resin by itself, the act of smoking still produces tars (incompletely combusted vegetable matter) and other toxic substances. So you still end up with lung problems. Bongs and water pipes do reduce the amount of nastiness you inhale, but still don't eliminate it, and as the smoke is generally cooler, the tars will solidify quicker in your lungs leading to an increased deposit rate than might normally be the case. Swings and roundabouts...

Revisiting an old thread here, but I saw an article in today's newspapers backing up the point I made above, namely that cannabis smoke contains just as much nastiness as tobacco smoke.

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/article/0,,2-476623,00.html

So, the Government considers a ban on tobacco advertising, as a possible precursor to banning tobacco itself, yet seriously proposes legalising a drug which is apparently four times as bad for you.

Yep, another example of joined up thinking by new labour! :rolleyes:

Oh my god

It seems to me that all the top players smoke the green stuff

I guess it must make you play better

Maybe i should give it a try :mosher:

Respect to people that smoke it but even more respect to the people that die from it, btw they call it "suicide" death brought on by themselves

But still i havent heard of any 1 that has died from this shit

The report is based on 90 published studies and was put together with the help of a grant from the Department of Health. Dr Mark Britton, a consultant at St Peter’s Hospital, Chertsey, and chairman of the British Lung Foundation, said: “The evidence is not cast-iron but evidence takes a long time to accumulate. It took 40 years to get evidence showing tobacco causes lung cancer.”

U could heat a small town a year with reports saying 1 thing or the other.Theres no proven cancer causing or triggering substances in cannabis.The US and others have been trying to proove it is dangerous since 1950`s and havent come up with anything.Theres been a awfull lot of propaganda though from both sides.But that its 20 times as dangerous as cigarets is just stupid.

As for dieing of ganja overdose, well that takes 900 joints in 1 sitting(trust me ive tried and its not possible:lol:).Seems to me this report is another fine example of the facts being misused and or interprited.

When it gets down to it this isnt about health issiues, its about politics.ppl have been harminmg themselves for all time and it wont change in a hurry by act or law.

The future will have decriminalized cannabis and the majorety will decide it,not the moral minority.

As for dieing of ganja overdose, well that takes 900 joints in 1 sitting

erm i thought it was one of the few grugs with no max limit ie whatever amout you smoke it wont kill you, cant remember where i read that but i know i did read it somewhere

Im guessing the estemate is based on the amount of a chemical or the other in cannabis which will kill if u get enuff.

But its physicaly impossible to reach those levels the normal way, u just pass out eventually.U might be able to end yourself if u have a hart condition or sumat like that.Only time ive ever experienced anthing remotely scary is that 1 time where i almost passed out from getting up to fast:lol:but that was certainly in conjunction with low bloodsugar or sumat like that.