League Future

• Hey - turns out IRC is out and something a little more modern has taken it's place... A little thing called Discord!

Join our community @ https://discord.gg/JuaSzXBZrk for a pick-up game, or just to rekindle with fellow community members.

Urgamanix

Miner
Staff member
May 29, 2003
As much as we continue to push forward into the future, we can't help but avoid the fact that UT is getting older, and less people are joining this community. We may always have the loyal fanbase, but the influx of new players is getting shorter and shorter.

So, I put this question to the admins; what are your future goals? This small community will be surviving for a while yet, but are you hoping for new players, new clans? Are you wanting to expand or just trek on like this for as long as it lasts?

If you are looking to expand a bit, why not get a UT2k4 Assault league up quickly on this site? You'll be in time to pick up all the new clans and players, and the two leagues on one site may prompt more players to play the UT1 version of AS if they have UT lying around.

Note this suggestion isn't personal; I don't think its a good or bad idea. The main thing I wanted to know are your plans for the future. Thanks.

I'm off to USA now, gotta go catch my plane :D

ffs will u fo with ur community changing idea's we got 5/6 division full with players and loads of other leageu's

and there are still loads of people playin ut, and tbh the new ut's dont really have that catchy thing to it... but yes it is old and yes it does lag but whats more fun then play a game with ur mates for a laugh fs

now fo

Reactions: -CrackKing-
j@ckel said:
ffs will u fo with ur community changing idea's we got 5/6 division full with players and loads of other leageu's

and there are still loads of people playin ut, and tbh the new ut's dont really have that catchy thing to it... but yes it is old and yes it does lag but whats more fun then play a game with ur mates for a laugh fs

now fo

That's your personal opinion and you're entitled to it, but as I clearly stated in the post I wasn't trying to change the league I was asking what the admins thought the future of the league was.

Now fo and get some reading skills?!

Bah my laptop battery is running out.... gotta love airport pub+wireless points :P

j@ckel said:
future goals are!

fun
beer
fun
flames
meetings
feel mughi's ass (again)
lol and get the paddle!
You will sooooooo get the paddle :shout: :spank:
Leave my ass out of this :shout:

jackel.. i guess miner is right.. we aint growing anymore.. what should be happening.. and you dont need 2 get your good old aor attidute in.. with fo and stuff.. lol..

miner is right...(bout the more players thingy than)

Reactions: Urgamanix
j@ckel said:

agreed.

in addition to that, i don't think anybody would try to force this league to go on if it died (and it won't die that fast). let the ut2004 leagues be ut2004 leagues and UTA stays UTA. if it dies one day, then everybody can think back to a nice time. why would you want to prevent that?

as long as there are shite computer there is this community...

I hope thats enough pragmatic...

Miner is right, we ain't growing anymore.
90% of the people on publics are clanplayers or got clan experience. 99% know launches or hammerjumps.
Compared with the early years (2000/2001) the league changed.
Skillz and tactic-knowledge raised even in the lower divisions and pings 'decreased'.
No newbie clans are joining the league anymore. Today kids start with newer games like UT2k3/2k4, so they don't know how much fun UT1-AS brings.

But is it a real problem and should we be afraid?
-Nope.
The league consist of 5 Divisions. UT1-Assault is still the best game-mode in the UT-universe (even better than UT2k4-ONS :fingers: ) and for UT1 u don't need a strong computer.
So i'm sure that this community is strong enough to survive for a long time ;).

Reactions: Urgamanix
last few month iv noticed a dramatic drop in the amount of people on publics. Used to be about 3 servers to pick or choose to play on, but now there is only orange league maps with people in and sometimes Nil. :/

Im gonna play both UT1 + UT2k4, but i can't see myself playing UT1 publics when i get 2k4 where there are more servers with people in and more game types that take my fancy. Still UT1 wars will always be the best :p:

Compared with the early years (2000/2001) the league changed.
surprised? the game was new back then, new stuff was found out daily and it was fine-tuned over the years. when you've reached a certain level, it is very hard to increase any further without the introduction of major new features (I put hopes here into LeagueAS 1xx).

90% of the people on publics are clanplayers or got clan experience. 99% know launches or hammerjumps.

What do you want only noobs ? :p

Everything will die someday.
Dont think we need 2k4 here lol, especially 2k4AS = sux00rs...
Community is strong and wont die fast, ut2k4 wont kill ut, who cares some kids start playin em =P

There are far more clans and divs in the league now than there were when I joied it, which is odd because usually people leave when I join something... But threads get made a lot about the league dying etc when it really isn't. I think the future of the league will be pretty much the same as it's been so far; players join and others leave and the whole thing remains pretty balanced.

with that new leageuAS thing coming the game itself will improve a lot imo, better pings and all and just be bassicly a lot better.

i just hope that cheating fuckers like raichu will get banned.

but yes the community isnt growing but like neph said, its quite an old game but we are getting more and more attention imo with the AS cup and stuff.

To get new players in at this point, the only way to do it imo, is to drag them away from ctf or dm, thing is imo dm players are quite unlikely to come play as, for a number of reasons, one that occurs to me, is pulse/mini lockdown for a start. Assault has heavy usage of minigun, and the lockdown will just piss em off, personally i like raping someone of 250 health at point blank range in 1.5 secs but hey im an AS player. This league wont die out in a hurry anyways. Got another few years left in it imo at least:D i enjoy playing as much as i did 2 yrs ago:D. And having fun with mates is what holds it together, i would have quit long ago if it werent for fdc cus of the fun factor.

On the subject of publics, ive played on pubs once or twice in the last 3 weeks, im afraid, reason is theres less peeps about, its not like theres a shortage of servers, just i dont like orange league cus its so damn laggy, what i cant understand is that all you lot have 80 f1 on it yet you still play there, when theres NiL and R-C and DFP.

Now for god sakes go play on NiL R-C or DFP each of them is ten times better than orange, miniguns shit on orange btw wtf 10 bullets a sec bs?

Theres loads of public servers, you lot just gotta fill em, dont mind playing as long as its not shite orange, no offence intended to who pays for it, but seriously its too laggy. NiL is the best then R-C then DFP imo, soz DFP but the other two UK :D.

lmfao ur saying nil's better then rc thats a load of bollox m8 look at the system specs on both servers plus nil should make it 6v6 imo 7v7 is waaaaaaaay to laggy