just to let you guys know about the 2K4 demo.

• Hey - turns out IRC is out and something a little more modern has taken it's place... A little thing called Discord!

Join our community @ https://discord.gg/JuaSzXBZrk for a pick-up game, or just to rekindle with fellow community members.

-=¤willhaven¤=- said:
and you dont really fall off all that much. i've got railings on the sides of most areas and the trucks are pretty wide. they are VERY large vehicles

while i'm still dodgin apoc's flames can i just add that after watching the video a couple of times it seems - relatively to the movement of the players in ut2003 - the trains are actually narrower then Hispeed? that first room with the big rockets in it seems like you could fill it with a combo....

and railings on the side are nice, but experienced players don't drop off hispeed very often, they get shot off, a few railings wouldn't save you from gettin hit by a few rockets and flying off? :confused:

/me hides again :p:

i "am" looking forward to the demo but sofar i don't see that much to look forward too, xept the sniper rifle and the tweaked shockrifle which is shown in the vid :)

rockets dont launch you in ut2k3, we've had a hell of a discussion about that.
and at least the big vehicle didnt look too small, after all it has a docking bay for a smaller vehicle.

-=¤willhaven¤=- said:
5 or 6 people can stand on the nexus missiles.

many people often stand on them to defend :)
dont tell that to SPR

anyway narrow = spam
if theres like a point where a spree of rockets or a shock combo can fill the space ppl HAVE to get past.......
forget about it I can tell you thats gonna be hated like guardia..But if there are other routes then it should be no problem.

Guys, take a look at the CTF map in that vid, you notice how some areas don't actually look that big and then you see one of the enemy team come running by...and he's a fricking dot on the screen.

Seems to me that Epic have seriously addressed one of the most common complaints about 2k3, the player/map scale. As for Convoy, well lets play it 1st then if it is pure spam then we can complain again. Given the scenario on the map what else can they do, not every assault map can be big open wide spaces like the beach on overlord. The point is defeners are supposed to be able to mount a defense. It's not supposed to be a game of hide and seek.

heres an ANCIENT screenshot to give you a sense of scale.

basically, those glass-like things behind the player were some placeholder missiles that are the same size as the new ones.

players can jump down on the doors this player is standing on (once they open), and a drop down hole toward the back

once you are in, its a short run to the switch to start extending the missiles

images.asp

ripped off from beyondunreal.com

Saturday, February 7th, 2004
Unreal Tournament 2004 Demo Round-Up
by RaptoR at 6:26 AM EST (Unreal Tournament 2004) [ 32 Comments ] #4827

There's been a lot going on in the world of the UT2004 demo over the past few days, so here's a quick summary of all the recently-revealed demo information.
The demo is *really* close now. Epic's Joe Wilcox revealed that it would be out sometime after the weekend, but before next Thursday, leaving Monday - Wednesday as possible demo release dates. With the demo so close, Epic are expected to make a statement revealing the UT2004 release date and mirroring plans very soon. We'll keep you posted!

The demo will contain five maps: AS-Convoy, ONS-Torlan, CTF-BridgeOfFate, DM-Rankin and BR-Colossus. No mutators will be included in the demo, meaning there's no Instagib in the UT2004 demo. The demo will, however, include UT2004's new map vote feature.

All of the games Onslaught vehicles will be in with the exception of the mighty Leviathan.

Bittorrent users will be happy. Epic are pushing BT as one of the fastest ways to get the demo without hanging around. Epic's DrSiN posted that a combined bandwidth of over 400MBits/sec would be available for Bittorrent leechers. See this page for more Torrent seeding info. Here at BeyondUnreal we'll be hosting the .torrent file as well as providing the demo through our good old-fashioned HTTP and FTP mirrors.

If it's screenshots and videos you're after to feed your demo cravings until the release, check out the Atari UT2004 Page, which contains some brand new screenshots. Also, NGI.IT have revealed some high-quality UT2004 demo videos, taken at Monte Carlo at the Imagina show. The first video shows Mark Rein giving a tour of the Onslaught mode as well as the game's various vehicles, while the second one shows some CTF, AS and ONS action during a playtesting session at the same show. Both videos are very high quality, and highly recommended. We're also hosting a UT2004 demo video taken by Navi for ProUnreal a couple of weeks ago at Epic's playtest event in Raleigh, NC. While it's definately shakey-cam, and a bit flickery, it shows off a good twenty minutes of DM and ONS action. Download it here.

Mac and Linux demos will follow shortly (a few hours) after the Windows demo release. Of course, we'll have all three versions mirrored and waiting on BeyondUnreal when they arrive!