HUGE FPS PROBLEM with UT

• Hey - turns out IRC is out and something a little more modern has taken it's place... A little thing called Discord!

Join our community @ https://discord.gg/JuaSzXBZrk for a pick-up game, or just to rekindle with fellow community members.

15.4" LCD runing 1900x1200? WTF? Is it even possible? I think you mixed something there :)

brajan said:
15.4" LCD runing 1900x1200? WTF? Is it even possible? I think you mixed something there :)
well if you would see IceDragon playing you won't say that. No wonder why he can't hit shit and teamkilled his own teamm8s in proas ;)

brajan said:
well err, the screen is a 15.4, just checked and the res is 1920*1200. Even included a pic :P

Attachments

• Sans titre.JPG
    Sans titre.JPG
    20.9 KB · Views: 169
[QUOTE='//3iRd(o)]You won't get a decent answer until you post your system specs:
Motherboard make + model number
Processor + clock
Graphics card make + model number + driver version
Windows o/s version,
DirectX version.

/edit just noticed you said it was a laptop.. Please post manufacturer + model.

Also am I the only one who thinks that the native resolution on a 15.4" screen can't be 1900x1200?[/QUOTE]
Dell inspiron 9100. (watch 1st post :coolfip:)

MOBO : Dell 0W1450
Chipset : Intel i865PE
Processor : Intel Pentium 4 @ 3200 MHz
RAM : 1024 Mo (2 x 512 DDR-SDRAM )
GFX : ATI Technologies Inc Mobility Radeon 9700 (M10 NP) (RV350)
HD : FUJITSU (100 Go)
DVD : SONY DVD+-RW DW-D56A
network card : Broadcom Corp BCM440x 10/100 Integrated Ethernet Controller
WLAN : Broadcom Corp BCM4306(??) 802.11g Wireless NIC
OS : Microsoft Windows XP Professionnel 5.01.2600 Service Pack 1
DirectX : Version 8.1b

and for the resolution, check previous post :P quite unbelievable, duh.

native res would be something like 1280x800, anything other than that is likely to cause a slightly blury image.

If you havent changed any settings/drivers etc since it ran fine then Id check your UT log after running UT, make sure the cpu and gfx are being detected right (says at the start of the log)

MeetYourMaker said:
native res would be something like 1280x800, anything other than that is likely to cause a slightly blury image.

If you havent changed any settings/drivers etc since it ran fine then Id check your UT log after running UT, make sure the cpu and gfx are being detected right (says at the start of the log)
OMG people come on native res IS 1920*1200. If you don't believe me just google it.

I'll check my logs. Thanks.

and i'm getting sp2 :P

Just to get one thing out of the world: click.

However, a fast, high quality graphics card isn’t much use without a good screen, but luckily this laptop is from Dell, so you’re getting a top notch 15.4 in widescreen display. The super-high native resolution of 1,920 x 1,200 can be a little bit hard to read at times, but who can really complain with this much desktop real estate at your disposal - you can even have two word documents open side by side with space to spare.

I'll see what i can do for u tomorrow IceDragon.

ok, sorted. I void the warranty, took the pc apart. guess what. dust everywhere. the fans were useless. running 120 fps again at 1920*1200 :D