HUGE FPS PROBLEM with UT

• Hey - turns out IRC is out and something a little more modern has taken it's place... A little thing called Discord!

Join our community @ https://discord.gg/JuaSzXBZrk for a pick-up game, or just to rekindle with fellow community members.

IceDragon

Me uses the hat....
Dec 9, 2003
Belgium
Ok here it is:

32 bit, high text, high skin, 1920*1200 pix. OGL renderer. Ran at about 120 fps some time ago.:cool:

Now it runs at about 20 fps average with long lagspikes of 3 to 4 fps:( :( . It's not a connection issue, cuz it acts the same in local mode.

The pc is acting fine for anything else. Just not this fucking game :(

specs: Dell 9100 inspiron, P4 3.2, 1024 mb ram, ati radeon 9700.

even at 320*240 with all settings low the fps figures are identical and the gfx feels like playing first Doom release :x

also everyone using 1280x1024 or supporting it should be punished for supporting non 4:3-resolutions

brajan said:
You gotta be kidding :lol: on what crt/lcd size?
15.4" actually :P (laptop)

I'm aware my settings are a bit crazy, but my lcd looks shit if I don't use the res of the screen.

I use the new opengldrv's.

My point is that it worked fine untill some time ago. As said, the 320*240 mode has EXACTLY the same problems, so the problem isn't there either...

You won't get a decent answer until you post your system specs:
Motherboard make + model number
Processor + clock
Graphics card make + model number + driver version
Windows o/s version,
DirectX version.

/edit just noticed you said it was a laptop.. Please post manufacturer + model.

Also am I the only one who thinks that the native resolution on a 15.4" screen can't be 1900x1200?

Last edited:
firstofall, a 15.4" laptop cant screen that high resolution (most 19" lcds cant even show more than 1280x1024)
and second, sobo u ever tried 320x420 with highest AA? :lol: