How many of you UT players also play WOW?

• Hey - turns out IRC is out and something a little more modern has taken it's place... A little thing called Discord!

Join our community @ https://discord.gg/JuaSzXBZrk for a pick-up game, or just to rekindle with fellow community members.

lal @ WoW haters.
I don't know what bothers you all the most; the fact that the game really is shit in your opinion, or the fact that 6 million people are willing to pay the monthly fee for it and that almost every gaming magazine/site gave it the highest score for any MMO they have reviewed.

Oh, and :rolleyes:

I fucking hate WoW. It has ruined my life.

... need another time card this month.

Menace said:
lal @ WoW haters.
I don't know what bothers you all the most; the fact that the game really is shit in your opinion, or the fact that 6 million people are willing to pay the monthly fee for it and that almost every gaming magazine/site gave it the highest score for any MMO they have reviewed.

Oh, and :rolleyes:

maybe its got the highest score , but i dont think many people who like skillful gaming will like it as its 0% skill and 100% time , and when i had it it didnt find it fun at all.

lal @ WoW haters.
Yes it's teh best MMORP made..and? if you don't like MMORP you won't like it anyway.
All i know is that you've to pay money for playing a game you already bought and that's rubbish. Nevertheless how good the game itself is.
Oh and i already read that people ruined their social and work life only because they played WoW hours and hours every day.
So it's also Blizzards fault that those guys got addicted.

XRated said:
and thats why its popular , because any noob can get to level 60 ^^
wrong, any noob with too much time in his hands ;P

XRated said:
maybe its got the highest score , but i dont think many people who like skillful gaming will like it as its 0% skill and 100% time , and when i had it it didnt find it fun at all.
Bullshit, you can play my full epic Warrior and I'll beat you with my 60 Rogue. Naked.

XRated said:
yeah i had a rogue and i always beat people too. there easy.
Whoa, you know a lot about the game...
tbh knowing the abilities of every other class, your own class and being able to apply them in any giving situation to come out on top (which is what seperates regular players from very good players) requires far more skill (and especially knowledge) than popping someone in an FPS. The fact that this knowledge and those skills require a lot of time to master only amplifies that statement.

I could show you videos where people apply their skills in such a perfect way that others with equal gear stand no chance. Being able to deadzone other players so they can't use certain abilities (eg Warriors with intercept) with a 3-yard margin is some of the toughest shit you'll do in an online game and requires a shitload of practice, but I suppose it's dumb of me to even try to explain anything to biased people who don't even want to get a clue or try to understand.

Everything Menace has said is true and you all know it!
Also,
bartio said:
Oh and i already read that people ruined their social and work life only because they played WoW hours and hours every day.
So it's also Blizzards fault that those guys got addicted.
You couldn't be more wrong. It's never Blizzards fault that you can't control yourself and your descisions. I konw my life is fucked up and as much as I'd love to blame Blizzard for making me addicted I know I can't because at the end of the day I made my choice.

Maxiz! said:
Everything Menace has said is true and you all know it!
You couldn't be more wrong. It's never Blizzards fault that you can't control yourself and your descisions. I konw my life is fucked up and as much as I'd love to blame Blizzard for making me addicted I know I can't because at the end of the day I made my choice.
Well i see you point, but with this comment firms always justify their wrong/lame actions.
Cigs or alcohol manufacturer always say such statements. Yes it's true, but you can't promote cigs/alcohol or a game like Blizzard did in the past without haveing somekind of responsibity to the people who are ill now because they using such a product.
Like the cig industry made in teh past. They promoted cigs as mature way to be cool. now the 11 years old kiddies smoke. gg

I know a case where a father wrote to Blizzard with the request to shutdown the WoW-Account of his son (22 years). He got unemployed, broke friendships only because he played WoW all the time. And after his father canceled the Internet he got angry crushed windows and seeked a new apartment and fall completly wasted.
How Blizzard answer? Did they freeze the account? Ofc not, but with a good reason imo: That's not our business. consult an doctor. :rolleyes:

Ofc i know myself that the reasons for addictions are more complex than blaming jsut a firm, but let's be honest: Blizzard want such players.
So they can raise their fee without the danger of a big player lose. I know Blizzard is an enterprise and want to earn as much money as possible, but for me it's abit lame.

Last edited: