full demo leaked?

• Hey - turns out IRC is out and something a little more modern has taken it's place... A little thing called Discord!

Join our community @ https://discord.gg/JuaSzXBZrk for a pick-up game, or just to rekindle with fellow community members.

Status
Not open for further replies.
the taunts are pretty strange... they dont sound as exciting as the original ones

Bah, i get this error when i fire up the new beta:

UT2003 Build [2002.05.31.18.31]

CPU: AuthenticAMD PentiumPro-class processor @ 1008 MHz with 255MB RAM
Video: ASUS AGP-V7700 Deluxe v5.33a

General protection fault!

History: FD3DRenderInterface:: DrawPrimitive <- FBspDrawList::Render <- RenderLevel <- FLevelSceneNode::Render <- FPlayerSceneNode::Render <- UGameEngine:: Draw <- UWindowsViewport::Repaint <- UWindowsClient::Tick <- ClientTick <- UGameEngine::Tick <- UpdateWorld <- MainLoop

Anybody know anything to do?

I am glad that people are finding this new demo alot more like UT than the old one.

I don't :( Its still a lot less like UT, and lot more like Q3.

The bulk of the differences between this and the earlier one are meerly the addition of maps, skins, sounds and some tweaks / bug fixes. The game still plays the same and feels the same as the previous leaked release.

The weapon balance is much better and a lot of the new maps look real sweet, but thats about it as far as improvements go.

This is just my opinion obviously, but its still feels like 1 big cartoon. Every single skin looks like it was ripped out a Toy Story III, revenge of the cartoon UT players. The weapons pickups are huge, bigger than the players. I mean UT's were pushing it in size, but now I have to pickup a Shock rifle thats bigger than I am, I think it would be more deadly if I whacked some1 with it. Some of the new sounds are good (lightning gun for example), but a lot, esp the player sounds are good only for comedy value.

Its a fantasic engine Epic have developed, I just wish they hadn't turned it over to DE for the content, as they appear to be just iD wannabees, that said looking at Doom 3, iD are now getting it right.

I may sound like I hate it, but tbh I don't. Its fun to play, and I'll probably learn to live with cartoon feel of it, I just wish I didn't have to.

phil is such a whiney bitch :lol:

still im gonna wait for the official demo and game before i agree with him, altho i probably will :\

I just download detonator drivers, and now it works!!! 2 words, FUCKING AMAZING!!! ;) From the moment it started up till it crashed ;) it was so cool. The music in the main menu, really fits to the game. A well here is a lovely screenie :)

*edit*no screenies sorry

Last edited by a moderator:
monk on other thread
just pld online for an hour or so.

probably the worst game ever. the assault rifle is THE crappest gun ever, shock rilfe is ruined now, because its so slow to use, placing combos is impossible as ppl have about an hour to get out of its way and see hwere its going.

no way am I buying that crap.
monk here
The sounds and player options are the best I've seen in any fps game, absolutely stunning.

You will want to play this I guarantee.

:rolleyes:
told you its an alpha that first one ;)

Originally posted by Phear

..but now I have to pickup a Shock rifle thats bigger than I am, I think it would be more deadly if I whacked some1 with it.

:lol::rofl:

and btw.. a >900Mb version doesn't seem like a 'demo' to me..
leaked beta full version maybe.. but demo :nono:

The gfx are awesome, the animations smooth and acurate. Karma Physics didn't feel neccessary at first, but you'll notice it. Adds a nice touch.

Most of the models are not my style, but there is such a high diversity that you'll find one that you like. I'll stick to the UT "simple style".
I have my favourite.

I don't think that the weapons are off scale.

*edit*no screenies sorry

Gameplay wise, CTF-Maul is a blast even vs. bots and DM is cool, too. Bombing Run has a lot of potential, and Double Domination has improved over its predecessor for sure.
It is different from UT for sure, adding to that is that you don't really can compare it map to map since there are no copies from UT maps.

Female skin:

*edit*no screenies sorry

bit dark but it's like an egyptian soldier or something

I'm gonna have to second what Phear said.. it's a complete Quake rip-off..
That was the first thing that came to mind...
It looks great, but the cool feel from UT is gone.. Worst is the fact that as with Quake I dont notice that I'm getting hit most of the time (have removed those stupid red screenflashes)..
Epic should've kept the UT brand to themself :D

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.