Diploma thesis correction

• Hey - turns out IRC is out and something a little more modern has taken it's place... A little thing called Discord!

Join our community @ https://discord.gg/JuaSzXBZrk for a pick-up game, or just to rekindle with fellow community members.

which one sounds best?
or do you have any other suggestions?!

"... I want to thank Toto. He made major and important changes to the analysis software, whenever just asked about ->

a feature being possible.
any feature being possible.
something being possible.
anything being possible.

:confused:

Wah! I have to hand this in on Friday :(

---> does this sound good? @ acknowledgments:
----------
He was the one to answer countless questions, supported me a lot with the testbeam preparations and made a huge effort to help finish our analysis.
His contribution was a big factor in the success of this work. I think the 600 eMails we exchanged say it all.

----------

"to make an effort to do something" ? --> "to doing"?
"effort to help finish" ? ---> "to helping us with finishing" ?

which one sounds best?
or do you have any other suggestions?!

"... I want to thank Toto. He made major and important changes to the analysis software, whenever just asked about ->

a feature being possible.
any feature being possible.
something being possible.
anything being possible.

:confused:

This is a pretty annoying one to cast :\ Major and important are kind of the same btw, making one redundant. And "whenever just asked about" sounds bloody awful.

Go with something like:

He was always [ready / able] to make important changes to the analysis software in order to realise the possibility of some new feature [I / we] wished to be [added / incorporated].

---

He was the one to answer countless questions, supported me a lot with the testbeam preparations and made a huge effort to help finish our analysis.
His contribution was a big factor in the success of this work. I think the 600 eMails we exchanged say it all.

I'd put something like:

He provided answers to countless questions, as well as valuable support in preparing the testbeam, and his huge contributory effort to help finish this analysis was a big factor in its success. However, he sucks in comparison to Joko and Useless, who quite own.

Leave out the 600 emails bit unless you feel compelled to include it. Now ffs submit this thing and stop blighting the forums with it! :shout:

thx!
i thought the 600 mails thing could be put in @ acknowledgments
cause its more or less a personal word

and 600 mails in 6 months is quite a lot :D

what do you PhDs here think?
anyway i will put your name on the cover useless :nod:
Anthony ... <- ?

so where iz you?
wales? ;)

my guess is erm. asia.

USA actually.

600 emails is a lot indeed, did you do any work or just reply to emails! I would just add it in acknowledgements, formatting and wording doesn't matter so much there.