Bush planned Iraq attack before becoming president

• Hey - turns out IRC is out and something a little more modern has taken it's place... A little thing called Discord!

Join our community @ https://discord.gg/JuaSzXBZrk for a pick-up game, or just to rekindle with fellow community members.

aye it is an oil issue.
but if you or me were president of the usa
wouldn't you try to secure oil if it was so important to your country.

i ain't pro-american
but i ain't anti-american neither

that is a matter of how you would decide to solve the problem
nuking iraq won't be my choice either.

Thing about when you have 50 seperate parties or no parties is nothing would ever get done; and parties will always exist. There will always be people who find common grounds to stand on, or common enemies for that matter. Having a true democracy on a larger scale is just as likely as having a perfect benevolent dictatorship for 2000 years: its not gonna happen :\.

I'm not disagreeing with your points, but sometimes you have to realize that that form of government, although not completely refined, tends to be as good as it gets in some ways. Obviously I can in no way, and will in no way, defend what the decisions the some of the *cough* idiots in power make, but again, that isn't my point :D

lol now that is class thz for the explanation steve boy gets me a conclusion there sttil american young ones also :D with a realistic point off view :D

US and foreighn visitors now have no civil rights at all in the US.This is a fact.

The US doesnt care about human rights at all anymore.This is a fact.

The US will attack preemtivly any1 who stands in their way when it comes to their possition of global economic dominanse.This is a fact(says so in bush statement of intent, or words to that effect). This is a fact.

sept. 11 was a bday pressie for the hawks in the US, they use it as an excuses to get things they have been drooling over for years.Its all about the money, nothing els.

What amazes me is that european politicians or any1 els other than osama bin laden have done anythign about it.Somethings gotta give. we cant go on like this:(I guess the euros play the waiting game.Ive many times though about y certain powerfull ppl at a given time(USA) act the way they do. its not like yanks are stupid or anything. y cant they just behave? Y do they feel the need to dominate others?Atm USA is a regime with a pres. who got to power via a coup. and the US ppl dont seeem to mind.Civil rights have gone the the big brother senario of orwell is looking more likely every day.Ude think the US would know that u cant have total controll over every1, thats what caused the USSR and other like them to colapse.

In the USSR they had total controll over every fax and type writer(remind u of something? tcpa)I read a story just now about some inteligemce org. in some US state that demanded to c what kinda books someone was buying. as this could give clues to what he was upto if anything. the court said FO u can still buy a book in tihs countrey without being interogated(im sure the founding fathers rest more easely in therigraves)

Stop the madness before its to l8.

IMO it is too late :(. (I'm moving to Canada FFS)

It's quite obvious why people in that sort of position act the way they do: insecurity. The only way a problem would be resolved is if someone completely unaffiliated with the 2 major parites would be elected president (virtually impossible without solid financial backing -- not possible without corporate backing really, meaning they're going to be biased from the beginning), extremely persuasive, and having not been involved with US politics for their life. This person would have to completely revamp the entire foreign policy, creating better communications with the world, and have a more home based military, and if troops are abroad, in countries requesting assistance or under the flag of the UN.

Saw an interesting piece on cnn yesterday

Apparently according to some people the USA is grabbing everything they can at the moment because they feel threatened
by
a unified europe
with more countries joining a unified europe they feel that europe will be equally powerful as them and this scares them

allready a lot of european countries refuse to back them in their iraqi war. The euro as a currency is doing really well compared to the dollar , they are even scared that the oil prices will no longer be linked to the dollar but to the euro.

they are losing influence pretty quick at the moment

werd LR.

Aye ProPain, its starting to look that way.I guess ive been wrong about euro politicians when i rethink.Although the world needs more idealists, its prolly a good thing euro politicians dont have my level of diplomacy:lol:

agreed on that
i think you are anti american a bit too much
just cos bush is a fart doesn't mean they all are

btw no flame intended

non taken. I dont think they all are, ive said this a hundred times.Its their foreigh policy i have problems with. the avg american doesnt have any controll atm.

i dont think they ll get any more powerful as they are now which is pretty powerful imo
russia for instance got huge oil reserves and they need money really badly along with others
besides gas will be replaced by alternative energies soon at least i hope so :p:

I was reading about if there's actually going to be a war on Iraq or not. I've had ppl tell me that Puertoricans don't really have a say on this but we're essentially "Little America" and unfortunately we (Puerto Rico) depend much on the US :\ so i'm having my say.

In 1990 Iraq tried to take over Kuwait for their oil. The UN lead by the US forced them out and told them they couldnt make weapons of mass destruction (sound familiar?) yet they let Saddam Hussein in control. i don't understand that at all. Obviously if he did it once, he's not going to suddenly turn over a new leaf and say, "Oh, i'm such a good, little dictator" and be a perfect citizen. They should have anticipated that, plain and simple.

So Saddam's the UN weapon inspectors go in... but there's also another factor. been ruling that place for 35 years now and the war coming up doesn't exactly seem justified for me imo. I can understand the US sending troops in to Iraq to make sure they hold up their end of the bargain when George W. Bush's father, former president George Bush was trying to stop Saddam before he left office. Now it seems that George Jr. is trying to finish what his father started, maybe even trying to make his dad proud? The mideast countries that helped during the gulf war will only go with the US's plans if the UN agrees but they're begging the US not to go to war. The US is also putting pressure on Turkey to let them into Turkish camps for the troops but they're still waiting for word from the UN.

So what do the Iraqi people say? the iraqi citizens say they don't understand why anyone would want to attack them, which is understandable considering the public in a dictatorship is told almost nothing as to what's happening. They're afraid the war will kill millions and destory their homes, affect their phone lines, food transportation, etc. judging from the war on Afghanistan that's still fresh in our minds, a bunch of innocent ppl will most likely be killed :\ I don't think this will be much different in those means from Afghanistan. I mean, not every Iraqi is "bad" and they have just as much right to live their life than any other American or anyone else on this planet. No one should be subject to the hardships and horrors of war.

Anyway we'll see what happens. I, myself, dont believe in war at all, they solve nothing.

Last edited:
<outside the envelope thinking>

If I were president of the USA, I'd be thinking along these lines:

1. The oil won't last more than about 50 more years, max at current rates of consumption.

2. We should invest massively in Nuclear Power atm, esp. Fusion research for power generation, and hydrogen powered vehicles/planes/etc.

3. Net result: No reliance on Gulf Oil. No need to fight costly, unpopular wars. Arab States will wither and lose all their geopolitical power when their oil runs out.

</outside the envelope thinking>

Ever wonder why the French are never really affected much by the oil crises? 75% of their power is Nuclear generated...

:D

we got quite a bit of nuclear power plants.. that much i can say (like 3 or 4 in my tiny lil state :D.. whether they're currently commissioned or not or runnin etc).. big problem is cars :D... alot of people like either sports type cars or SUV's.. etc etc