Battlefield 2142

• Hey - turns out IRC is out and something a little more modern has taken it's place... A little thing called Discord!

Join our community @ https://discord.gg/JuaSzXBZrk for a pick-up game, or just to rekindle with fellow community members.

btw, I got the upgraded repair tool since it sounded nifty with the automatic repair-function.. but it does fuck-all ffs! What gives?!

If you're in vehicle and want to repair another you don't have to jump out from it. Just get closer and it'll start repairing without even taking wrench.
If you're on your feet you repair faster and wrench is getting cold faster.
I see you going for motion mines in tier 2 but don't unlock SAAW 86 Anti-Air later .... it sux!

When new patch is out with those new maps ppl will start playing as mechanics even more. Those maps has freaking tons of vehicles so a lot of work for them :)

If you're in vehicle and want to repair another you don't have to jump out from it. Just get closer and it'll start repairing without even taking wrench.
Wasn't that already the case?
If you're on your feet you repair faster and wrench is getting cold faster.
Good enough.
I see you going for motion mines in tier 2 but don't unlock SAAW 86 Anti-Air later .... it sux!
Wasn't planning of getting the Anti-Air, thats prolly the last thing I'll unlock.

When new patch is out with those new maps ppl will start playing as mechanics even more. Those maps has freaking tons of vehicles so a lot of work for them :)
Nice to be prepared with motion mines then. ^^

Wasn't that already the case?
Nope ... you had to jump out from vehicles and repair others manually.
Same thing with enhanced ammo and health packs.

Nice to be prepared with motion mines then. ^^
Exactly.
Atm it looks like 1/10 is mechanic on battlefield. In beta tests there was 7/10 mechanics :)
You could scream for medic or supplies as much as you can :)

Anyway more vehicles + city maps are going to be a lot of fun however be prepared for sniper camping as well (buildings roofs). Running around without really good cover for your head won't be good tactic any more ;)

Well ... it's very strong gun for sure. Very nice for headshots and usually 2-3 shots are enough to kill 100HP enemy.

well i reinstalled demo thinking it might have changed. After spending 30 minutes trying to find an account name that wasnt taken, my first map i spawned in one of those flying things with a noob driving who crashed into a wall before i could jump out :rolleyes:. Then when i respawned there were no vehicles so I had to go on foot :rolleyes:. Then I got kicked by punkbuster (still don't know what for). Uninstalled demo, bye bye bf2142 :(

:lol: lovely demo :lol:
There are no updates for demo ... it's buggy, full of cheaters and it sux big time!

So with the use of that I've tried a few previously locked items.

The assault shotgun (clark) isn't as impressive as I thought it would be.
Totally love the Voss, I'm deffo going for that unlock now.
The Advanced sniper rifle is pretty nice aswell.
Besides the obvious uses for the engineer PDS thingie (vehicle radar device), it can be pretty handy for titan defense aswell since you know about incoming aircraft (and know its time to get up there to blow it up). You can also stick it to yer own vehicles/aircraft and turn it into a mobile version. But sadly the engineer still doesn't feel powerful or fun to play with the exception of motion mines.

Last edited:
Besides the obvious uses for the engineer PDS thingie (vehicle radar device), it can be pretty handy for titan defense aswell since you know about incoming aircraft (and know its time to get up there to blow it up).

This can easily confuse defense with normal UAV with false safeness since this thing doesn't detect infantry. Don't use it on titan defense ... it sux ... as long as you don't want to get your air defense badge :P

This can easily confuse defense with normal UAV with false safeness since this thing doesn't detect infantry. Don't use it on titan defense ... it sux ... as long as you don't want to get your air defense badge :P

I don't think it gives a false sense of safeness but actually a heightens their alertness since an incoming aircraft means incoming infantry.

I got the bronze badge, I'm not in a hurry for silver or gold on that one. I also got the Air Defense Ribbon. :)

I was just playing on a server and after I left I noticed a buddy request, was from a guy who was on the same server. No clue who he is but I just accepted it and got a message "nice to meet you".
So I'm being polite n all and reply.. Then I got curious and checked his stats.
His flag:
taiwan-45x30.gif
. Dont know it? Neither did I.. I had to look it up.
Taiwan.
So anyway, after checking that stuff I join another server and soon that taiwanese buddy joins. Then he gets kicked due to high ping, imagine that.
After playing on that server I leave and see that I have another message from him. The English was actually pretty good with only minor Engrish.

Long story short: I have a taiwanese buddy who likes to follow me around. I think I'll call him Ping.

Nah, seriously I might just ask him msn or something.. I've never chatted with someone from Taiwan, could be interesting. Not to mention I'm hoping for more Engrish. :D

lol?

Did you know that it's quite easy to tick "Add buddy" instead of "Start kick vote" boxes?
I already had some twat in my buddy list when i accidentally did it ;)