Assault Legendary - The movie

• Hey - turns out IRC is out and something a little more modern has taken it's place... A little thing called Discord!

Join our community @ https://discord.gg/JuaSzXBZrk for a pick-up game, or just to rekindle with fellow community members.

I enjoyed watching it. It is visible that you spend a huge effort and time to create it. :)

I enjoyed watching it. It is visible that you spend a huge effort and time to create it. :)

I am very happy to hear that meteor tbh, a lot of effort went into it since I knew about squad on movie making :p, ty!, glad you enjoyed it :)

I liked watching it.. the contents of the movie were good.
Editing was decent too, although I've got some minor advices for you, for the future perhaps.

perhaps you might think that I'm criticizing your movie... I'm not!! just things that i see as a junior movie editor ;)
sharing my 'knowledge' with others!

- The font you used in a UT movie, doesn't really fit the essence of the music or the game. There's no continuity in your use of fonts either. through the movie I see like 4 or more different kind of fonts.
- doesn't feel like you've edited the first bit on it's music ( the part in which you introduced the players )
- The brightness/contrast through the movie hurts.. the music through out the movie (except the end) is kinda dark, but the colors of your movie are vivid. Tuning the colors down would suit better
- Your own name is unreadable. For people that know you it might be easy but an outsider would read it as: rchild instead of Orchild. Same with Supermic, the time it's in your movie is way to short.. and which one was supermic? the one that fell out of the sky or the other one?
- Play more with the time.. parts in which the person walks for about 5 seconds and nothing happens are not interesting to watch. (ie. the scene inside the tower of Siege)
- The music seems more important (loud) than the in game sound effects or voice over to me? balance them more for a better result. Did you check in Sony Vegas if the music ever went into the red? not everyone has great speakers.. people with sucky speakers will hear alot of cracking noises if it's too loud.

at the part where you blend out in a white field it becomes more interesting and better imho.

- The bridge scene with the fuses is good, good example how you can play with time.
- You did some good stuff with those single pictures you show at around 9:30.. suits well :)

- at the last part you use a black vignette with a dreamy like anthem on the background.. I think a lighter color would suit more to create more atmosphere

one more thing.. sometimes one single song went on too long.. try mixing the songs a little bit more, so you can use more music in the movie which keeps the movie more interesting..

but you did a good job on this movie :)

Nice movie!

I never download movies as it takes to long to download, but got about 1.7 MB/sec here. So I actually bothered to go through with it!! :D

downloading it atm, have tons of other downloads running as well so I'll watch it in the morning :D nn! ^^

As I thought, my pc is too crap to run it so I've just watched it thanks to the other link :D Really a n1 :thumb:

I loved the music used and all the effects also :D I think this movie is worth 2 years of waiting! :D

Waiting for the next 1 :P

As I thought, my pc is too crap to run it so I've just watched it thanks to the other link :D Really a n1 :thumb:

I loved the music used and all the effects also :D I think this movie is worth 2 years of waiting! :D

rofl ty, if u are waiting for the next one then u can wait more then 2 years xD, way more! :P

glad you liked it:Xmasgrin:

Thoroughly enjoyable... Except right at the end, when you reminded me how much I cursed Ulv for being such a bastard. :shout:

:lol:

I agree with breen on a few of the points though - some of the maps the ramping up of the colour worked well, because they're pretty bland maps (Desertstorm, Rook, Ballistic, Siege2)... However doing this on maps which are more richly lit (Gol2, Desolate2, Riv3), it was a little too much.

Overall though, the high quality + high frame-rate was very welcome, and in general the editing and music choice was quite complementary to the whole experience.

Last edited:
Downloading with 1.3 mb/s :P

i just hope my pc will play it proper xD

Slight playback issues (1-2 second freezes every now and then) but still very enjoyable, thumbs up! :thumb: :P

Last edited:
thanks everyone, I am really happy that you all like it so much (just like me :P), even you petez =)

so who is going to make the next uta movie? :P, free?? :P

didn't quite read that through the first time, and with everyone saying how fast their download was going I actually thought you managed to have a DL speed that would take you two years to DL :P

Just finished watching it btw, and I very much enjoyed it yessir!:chainsaw: