AS-WaterFort

• Hey - turns out IRC is out and something a little more modern has taken it's place... A little thing called Discord!

Join our community @ https://discord.gg/JuaSzXBZrk for a pick-up game, or just to rekindle with fellow community members.

the idea of XB sounds like summin fresh and cool.

also the map will be more than just "another Siege clone"

only pld it 30sec as i just had join the server.

And all i've got time to see is the crap siege-like tower full of ramp and standstill combo fagz all over up it ffs :mad:
Any chance of getting ride of this part ? :x

Just played the map on pug.

-) almost impossible to attack from low for attackers
- in siege attackers can go through middle tower teleport to attack, in this you cant, you have to start from the bottom all the time (unless i missed something)
- in siege defenders do not always get a top spawn, in this they take teleport and insta spawn high
- in siege defenders have 1 health pack to keep alive, in this you sui and get full health ammo and position.

-) launching is probably very possible, but in pug it was hard to do because nobody knew a thing :)

This map needs some help for attackers coming from low.

Maybe place a switch near the top of the ramps that disables defender roof teleport for 20 to 40 secs or something

Last edited:
you can block the roof teleporter

ok so thats cool, it gets blocked for 15 secs. which means if the team is good they can lock out the defenders, i still think its hard to attack from low since the attackers still have to start from the bottom and low defenders actually only need to take the middle teleport and prttt. we can test next pug!

Last edited:
Just played the map on pug.
-) almost impossible to attack from low for attackers
So it is possible for defenders to attack from low? :P

The map is quite nice, it still needs a lot of tweaking before it can be used in officials. Also, Che, you could introduce a Snowdunes like lift in the tower for attackers. :lol:

Last edited:
I agree with xb on the way too many launches possible part. Also the rocketlauncher is too easily accessible and undefendable. I also really doubt how doable it is to defend outside in a way that is affective.

Attacking from low really is not done as you have to walk past two(!!) defensive teleporters :x

So it is possible for defenders to attack from low? :P

The map is quite nice, it still needs a lot of tweaking before it can be used in officials. Also, Che, you could introduce a Snowdunes like lift in the tower for attackers. :lol:

Well with this button that disables high teleport for 15 secs it might be achievable. But can you imagine attacking siege from low each time you die? thats what it would be like.

Anyway I will pick it for pug today and tell my team to attack low only to see what can be done from low.

we tested again in a full pug and there is no way to breach low, we only could hit the disable button once, in the end we just kept launching

we tested again in a full pug and there is no way to breach low, we only could hit the disable button once, in the end we just kept launching

But i still wonder.. I mean if you can still launch from everywhere u want perhaps 4 ppl up on the roof to be able to defend from launches properly. So this would mean a weaker low defence. Especially if you'd also have some1 try to keep pushing to the rocket launcher (which may very well be impossible i dunno)

And also wouldnt it be possible to set a hammer to the window which is located low in the tower? This might help a bit?

I dunno too well what im talking about, only pld the map like twice on pubs.

But i still wonder.. I mean if you can still launch from everywhere u want perhaps 4 ppl up on the roof to be able to defend from launches properly. So this would mean a weaker low defence. Especially if you'd also have some1 try to keep pushing to the rocket launcher (which may very well be impossible i dunno)

And also wouldnt it be possible to set a hammer to the window which is located low in the tower? This might help a bit?

I dunno too well what im talking about, only pld the map like twice on pubs.

Do you really want a map to be just launch! launch! launch! its only fun finding new launches after tht its kinda boring.

Anyway i would like to see this map being played regularly on pug because it fufills the main rule which is keep it simple and make it easy for everyone to understand whats going on! Most new maps people are confused as hell.

This has potential but it needs something done to the low part imo. I would still like it to be very hard for attackers!!!! but not impossible (i hate easy to attack maps). I also think Che should extend the bridge at the start and make that a more difficult objective but maybe thats not worth it because people will just set dbl hammer..

1 idea I have for easier attacking low is to make the teleport disabling switch into an objective. Once triggered move the attackers just outside the bottom of the tower

Anyway i would like to see this map being played regularly on pug because it fufills the main rule which is keep it simple and make it easy for everyone to understand whats going on! Most new maps people are confused as hell.

gl with that

that's all i wanted with siege 3 and look what happenned

Is it just me or would siege][ have no chance either if it would be introduced by now. Without launching that map is also quite crappy. Only one real objective and unbreachable if only going low...

I must say, I think snuggs is very very patient with building all those maps but if i read this topic it's clear nothing ever changed here on UTA.

Map open & wide with launch possibilities = to complicated = nobody cba to learn it.
Map without open launch space = spam.. Yeah that's cool! let's play it.. oh. it got boring after a month :o

Oh and for snuggs.. Just put GRZ as author. Then the map will be added in weeks :rolleyes:

Last edited:

this is true for the most part.

But I also like it because the low route can really put good pressure on the defending team.

Suggestion:

put the tower teleporter one level lower. So not about middle, but one bit lower!
This also makes defense have to run up half a level to get to the shock. Buys attackers more time.

Trust me, everyone will like that!