As-OverlordDE

• Hey - turns out IRC is out and something a little more modern has taken it's place... A little thing called Discord!

Join our community @ https://discord.gg/JuaSzXBZrk for a pick-up game, or just to rekindle with fellow community members.

Had a play with this and I have to say it's much better than Overlord. It's much less of a twenty minute waste of time, and there's more sneaking / launching opportunities both inside and outside. Well worth considering for the league imo.

i like the 2nd part of the map, ie : after boiller. But adding rox for attackers kinda makes rest of the map useless since it'll just be mass rox launching :hangover:

i like the 2nd part of the map, ie : after boiller. But adding rox for attackers kinda makes rest of the map useless since it'll just be mass rox launching :hangover:

yer, but that means defenders have more to worry about innit ;)

i think without rockets the last bit would been flying around hammer hordes instead...

he's talking about the rockets in the sunken boat at first attacker spawn m8. There's a shock rifle on top of the mountain aswell ;)

I was surprised that no bio... :(

yer, but that means defenders have more to worry about innit ;)

rox launchs are too hard to defend, and people will find new ones that will be even harder to spot.

moving the RL closer from ramp entrance will make launching "a bit" harder while still helping to pass boiller.

rox launchs are too hard to defend, and people will find new ones that will be even harder to spot.

moving the RL closer from ramp entrance will make launching "a bit" harder while still helping to pass boiller.

the attackers have to swim/dive a bit to get the rockets
that makes it way easier 4 snipers to get em

tho...the window is not very big..and it´s still easy to defend (+ the quake is 50% reduced)

with a organized def..it´s still defendable
the launches are no problem atm
and i bet it won´t be more a problem than in other maps

the peeps first need to realize that the boiler goes very fast if they don´t defend beach and the tunnels very proper now :lol:

the old version had to much advantage 4 defenders imo

now is the map a lil bit more balanced......i think :)

you know that the right ship (the new one) has a bit of a strange issue,

try walking out at the left and then walk backwards... you can walk on an invicible wall for quite some time....

oh and btw when i tried against bots there was one bot on top of the map (where the supershock is) how the f*ck is that possible.

grzz

i agree with opium giving attackers rocket launcher is askng for launches left, right and center, its simple to easy for the attackers now to launch whenever they want. The boiler room is now very assaultable so i dont see the need to have the RL always there for attackers. imo, if possible the RL should be one that spawns every 45 secs, giving attackers 13 possible Rox launches in the 10 mins. U could adjust the timer if u feel its too little, but keeping the rocket launcher there all the time is just making it too easy to launch. At least this way attackers have got to coordinate to use them well, just like the defence has to coordinate to defend well.

well like che said the gun cavern opening still isnt huge, its not like if you gave rocketlauncher in spawn on bridge, the area where you can land would be too big and undefendable.

Imo having a RL "in spawn" for O actually relieves pressure off the boiler room to make it easier to defend...

and even if they launch the places they can launch from are a lot more limited then in some other maps (siege, golgotha 1/2, bridge...) so it should be easier to snipe them...

1 guy with rockets and armor in cavern should be able to kill anyone that goes through unless some l33t rocketlaunch make the attackers land right on the gun when it fires....

haven't played it ALOT but from what I played till now, just like astheno its ALOT more enjoyable...

with further playtesting I hope I will maintain my opinion on the map, gj che :thumb:

html ur missing the point, the rox launh brings u at the top of map, then the launchee drop down to the canon window.
and a shock have been added on top so now u can drop down and "push" the defender away with a primary shock, wich is just gay imo.

the sniper will not be able to defend anything, and so will any defender in bunkers/towers/canon window.
there's absolutly nothing u can do when attakers spam those area with rox.
all it need is a throw weapon bind and it's GG.

it's already great to have now 2 spawns with no autocanon so attackers ain't all grouped anymore, this will give an easier go @ the beach. and will also make new hammer launchs possible (double or triple)

putting rox at tunel entrance would make boiller easier to get, make the simple hammer launch cover MUCH easier, and will give possibility for an attacker to pick it and run back @ bunker for launch.

i would defently suggest u to rethink about this RL placement :hangover:

just to clear 1 thing up

this is a DE (DoG Edition) version...and 1 made it just 4 fun (that why is the shock there)
it was just an 5 or 6 hour "intermediate" project 4 me

if the majority in league loves the changed layout with the shorter tunnels and the 2 ways to cavern room
then it´s no problem to "adjust" the map a bit 4 an AL version
+ UTA textures instead of dog textures

just give it a go on pug 4 a while
then we can discuss about changes..and the possibility of bringing the map in

and about the 3 rocketlaunch positions on beach
they are all defendable from the 2 towers .....and so is the cavern window

imo the map is now a bit more a tactic map instead of a prrrrrrrrrrrrt only map

prepare 4 timo´s new shock in 1 of the nerxt SE´s .....

and about the 3 rocketlaunch positions on beach
they are all defendable from the 2 towers .....and so is the cavern window

they are deffendable in normal overlord as attacker must chose if he's gonna use his rox to spam towers, spam boiller or use them for launch since he only got ONE RL.
adding infinite RL in spawn will make deffence in tower totally useless, just some sprees for attackers lol

i like other change tho, i think i would really enjoy playing that map without those rox :D

how about an entry into one of the sniper towers :D

this can stop the gun cavern rocket camping which effectively stops most launches..