AS-Dustbowl

• Hey - turns out IRC is out and something a little more modern has taken it's place... A little thing called Discord!

Join our community @ https://discord.gg/JuaSzXBZrk for a pick-up game, or just to rekindle with fellow community members.

Zyx

Zoetermerrr!!!
Jun 8, 2001
The Netherlands
AS-Dustbowl

NEW AS-DustbowlARev04 * Full Package (15mb) *>>Download link<<

Map downloads are near the bottom of the first post or check the single posts.

Dustbowl is a map from the HL mod TeamFortress (Capture Points), this map was ported by Helios to be used for a modification UnrealFortress back in 2001.
Unfortunately they never added the Capture Point mode to the Unreal version. So this has been sitting on my HD since 2001.

I had tried before to make into a assault map but got bored. Until i finally decided to finish it anyways. So i converted it into a more UT stylish map compared to the original Dustbowl and this is how it turned out.

Here is a overview of the map.

[Overview]
mapoverview.gif

[Objectives]
1. Fuses(destroy): Optional but gives the attackers a closer spawn to Gate Objectives. Also disables the defenders Sniper Nest.
2. Gate Objectives(touch): Laser and Doors are opened separately, If both objectives are taken attackers will get a new spawn. Disables Gate Room and Main Gate teleporter.
3. Perimeter Lasers(touch): This disables the lasers that shield the Innerbase.
4. Innerbase(breach): This will trigger a new spawn for attackers. It will also disable the Canyon Outpost teleporter.
5. Generators(destroy): Destroying the generators will open the security door to Laser control.
6. Laser control(touch): All Innerbase lasers will now be disabled. This will disable the Barracks teleporters after 15 secs.
7. Base control(breach): Breaching this will give the attackers the final spawn.
8. Control Centre(touch): This will finish the map.

A= Attackers spawn
D= Defenders spawn
T= Teleport Exits
  1. Sniper Nest
  2. Gate Room
  3. Main Gate
  4. Canyon Outpost
  5. Barracks
B= Buttons

[Screenshots]
Animation1.gif

I am planning to do a end sequence but before i do that i want to know from the community how the map feels.
Pllease report bugs and grammatical errors.
Suggestions on weapon/pickup placements are always welcome.

Another thing the map is quite big and open, so it best fits a 5v5 or higher.

p.s. Grz your textures really make the map look a lot better then before.
And ofcourse thanks to m1c, wish and bn for suggestions and extensive testing.

AS-DustbowlALbeta >>Download link<<

AS-DustbowlALBeta2

I made some changes.

1) Added more decorations.
2) When you jump the main gate it will give out a warning. It doesn't reach the "roof". So launches pre maingate is the defenders responsibility.
3) If you disable the Perimiter laser objective, 30 sec later the Lasers at main gate will be disabled if you didn't get that yet.
4) Changed the spawns after breaching innerbase.

I am still open for suggestions.

AS-DustbowlALbeta2>>Download link<<

If you don't have the textures you need to download the first beta from the first post here

AS-DustbowlALBeta3

I made another edit to the map. This will make the it easier to know what teleporter to take.

I am still open for suggestions. Next up is the version with end sequence.

AS-DustbowlALbeta3 * Full Package (15mb) *>>Download link<<
AS-DustbowlALbeta3 * Map Only (2mb) *>>Download link<<

AS-DustbowlALRev03

With some comments from the community *cough* html i have edited Dustbowl once again. I revised the beta3.

I am still open for suggestions. Next up is the version with end sequence(for real! this time).

[Edits]
- Added a teleporter to the Snipernest. Closer to the hole at the back so defense can drop to fuses faster and hold that longer.
- Replaced the lift to the fuses with a ramp.
- Redone the Canyon Outpost. It should be less confusing.
- After disabling the Innerbase perimiter lasers defense gets two spawnpoints behind the innerbase, these spawns will stay open for 10 seconds after innerbase is breached. Old spawn with teleporter still exists.
- Canyon is still there but revised abit.
- Added a kicker on top of the barracks spawn to get to the generators faster.
- All objectives have the trigger range increased.

AS-DustbowlARev03 * Full Package (12mb) *>>Download link<<

AS-DustbowlALRev04

ARGH HTML GOT ME TO RELEASE THIS NEW CRAP VERSION!

[Edits]
- Add music for XB (the music part was a bitch still is where is JULES i need a looping track of 1 min 5 sec. For some reason fucking UT won't take a whole track.)
- Added a light for XB at the main gate computer switch. TY stolen from bridge.
- Fixed the objective radius. Was kinda fucked up.
- Fixed the kicker to top roof of Barracks. Should be alot better now.

AS-DustbowlARev04 * Full Package (15mb) *>>Download link<<

FOR MYM AND OTHER SERVER NOOBS WITH .UZ VERSION I THINK IT WORKS! USE AT OWN RISK

AS-DustbowlARev04 * Full Package (20mb) *>>Download link<<

Last edited:
Map is huge even for 6v6. Has potential though for many hammer launches

peeps will moan about size :lol:

thrash found a bug

set the mover of the glass door to ignorewhenencroage
otherewise it could happen that the door stays closed after the 2 geni´s destroyed

we already produced that

Last edited:
peeps will moan about size :lol:

thrash found a bug

set the mover of the glass door to ignorewhenencroage
otherewise it could happen that the door stays closed after the 2 geni´s destroyed

we already produced that

ah yes :D i had the same prob with another mover i set that correctly already ill fix and reupload

and abt the size it takes u abt the same with with bridge and deso to complete if u get all the objectives

lol this map is a bit confusing and gonna be uber hard to attack and defend at some points.

Its a big map that needs to be tested in the pug server. After a while the objectives are easier to find. lol :P

That is true because i didn't link the objectives only fuses blow when both main gate objectives are taken.

1) It is unrealistic to even get past the main gate. And then breaching the Base control.
2) Even if you only take out the Main Gate doors. And then breach the Innerbase. The spawns will be like GolgothaAL and or Ballistic getting warhead before generator. Need to take out the previous objective to get a certain spawn.

The main problem is the rooms are way too big just asking for sniper heaven.

I like the bit where the generators are.

One problem I also encountered was trying to go through the sniper nest portal noly to find someone else tried the same thing and I ended up at the other portal exit. If that happened in a 6v6 war it would mess up tacs.

Yes the rooms are open but have you even explored the area yet there are alot of places where you can rocket and or hammerlaunch from with protection.

Yeah zyx I know there are lots of opportunities. But I feel you would get sniped from somewhere you dont know most of the time. I like the flow of the map and the generator room bit though. Needs more testing with people who know the map a bit more. The first test yesterday was 6v6 and i reckon only 4 people knew anything about the map

AS-DustbowlALBeta2

I made some changes.

1) Added more decorations.
2) When you jump the main gate it will give out a warning. It doesn't reach the "roof". So launches pre maingate is the defenders responsibility.
3) If you disable the Perimiter laser objective, 30 sec later the Lasers at main gate will be disabled if you didn't get that yet.
4) Changed the spawns after breaching innerbase.

I am still open for suggestions.

AS-DustbowlALbeta2>>Download link<<

If you don't have the textures you need to download the first beta from the first post here

Last edited: