AS-ColderSteelSE

• Hey - turns out IRC is out and something a little more modern has taken it's place... A little thing called Discord!

Join our community @ https://discord.gg/JuaSzXBZrk for a pick-up game, or just to rekindle with fellow community members.

Snuggs

Che, Mr. Obscure
Feb 20, 2002
on a giant weed tree
Hi,

the working on this map nerved me really..everything is messed...uED wise

naja ..anyways

- the map is 15-20% smaller now
- defenders have new spawnrooms with teleporter
- weapon/ammo placement changed
- attacker spawns have changed also
- the end part has changed completely
- some other stuff u won´t see has changed 2

beta2:

- changed hydraulic objective to shot
- more delay at hangar doors
- autokill after the objective in the hangar
- additional attacker spawns at end
- and some other

beta3

- new attack route on the left side of the final base (touch the rock to place explosives)
- attacker spawns changed when u reach the robot area
- snowfiled teleporter is disabled after the attackers reached robot area

note:

the attackers have boots, armour and pads at the final area
and they have 4 ways to enter the final base :eyeroll:

(boots are in a barrel in a corner near the crew quarters)

get it here :)

iut´s on Dog Custom and pug :D

Last edited:
I played it 1 pug only and I like it so far because much of the confusion has been removed

Positives:
- No confusion for defenders to get into position - just walk out the only teleport in the room and u are in the correct area
- Some holdable objectives
- A sense of direction for attackers

Negatives:
-The hanger area seems like a very easy objective, maybe review this area and make it easier to defend
- end only seems completable by launch high - but will check again next pug I captain by attacking low (how you open the low door?:S)

- end only seems completable by launch high - but will check again next pug I captain by attacking low (how you open the low door?:S)

The end doors?
You walk upto it and it opens, like most doors in UT :lol: Last night we finished it through the door with a launch from spawn, the roof entrance has a message on it and I certainly cant remember seeing that.

End section has a bit too much minigun action, whether thats down to the fact that attackers didn't launch much and cause confusion I dont know, hard to tell from 1 pug where some people dont seem to remember the original (F3 doesnt work apparently although objectives apart from end are the same as original).

It's certainly a lot better without the stupid middle tunnel section! but still needs some work to make it a decent map.

I really like this map! I think it's really fun when played properly. :D

F3 Objective Fix would be nice.

The first objective also, is a bit lame. The glass part is okay, but touching the button is not. I pugged last night and basically 5 players stood on the switch with rockets. So we didn't really have much chance until our full team group up and pushed them out. Maybe attackers could get some pads or something along the way to make it easier for attack to get the switch? Or maybe you could add another passage from the roof where we could drop down closer to the switch, instead of having to run through 3 tunnels, all of which are being spammed by rockets and shock?

Overall, I love it. Really well made and I think it has über potential. :thumb:

I really like this map! I think it's really fun when played properly. :D

F3 Objective Fix would be nice.

The first objective also, is a bit lame. The glass part is okay, but touching the button is not. I pugged last night and basically 5 players stood on the switch with rockets. So we didn't really have much chance until our full team group up and pushed them out. Maybe attackers could get some pads or something along the way to make it easier for attack to get the switch? Or maybe you could add another passage from the roof where we could drop down closer to the switch, instead of having to run through 3 tunnels, all of which are being spammed by rockets and shock?

Overall, I love it. Really well made and I think it has über potential. :thumb:

Thats a contradiction, how can 5 players be spamming the switch and spamming all 3 tunnels? And you said it yourself, you need a TEAM PUSH - Assault is not just launching you know, there are other ways to play as a team - thats how the oldskool proAS players use to play. I dont like every objective to be a walk in the park, otherwise we might as well just play speed run.

played it in a single pug

much improved before the hangar part (all objs seem very balanced now), still too much confusion for defense at the ''crew quarters'' objective theres already like 5 ways to get in that room and the attackers have a shieldbelt....
so tbh the teleport exit should be directly infront of the switch so defence knows what to do.

also, I don't know why it seemed balanced for u guys 6v6 but from what I saw the end was completly imbalanced, we kept getting spawn raped all the time on offence, the spawns are a bit too confusing, there should be a single room with a bigger ''outside exit'' so you immediately know where to go upon spawning, and for that part i don't think its a matter of knowing the map, the textures mostly look the same and even if i knew the map I still got confused a bit.

Overall I think its gonna be a better version than the original but still needs some tweaking.

The end there is NO chance of gettin any objective low. So basically only launching is effective. Any map where it is launch only = yawn. The end needs fixing, other than that the rest is playable.

Last two times Ive played it the map has been finished all 4 times by low, although admittedly it was a launch to the final building sometimes.

the F3 map obj's is know, as has been written about above

Crew quarters shut on one side once switch is gone to persuade you to go the right direction. Presently you'd need to suicide to complete the map.

ok we just played this map on pug and the end was terrible

yet I was able to win it by failing to go high and then feign death letting Mc and Ins pass me and then just walk to the end.

But yes. The end needs modification :)