are my eyes fooling me??

• Hey - turns out IRC is out and something a little more modern has taken it's place... A little thing called Discord!

Join our community @ https://discord.gg/JuaSzXBZrk for a pick-up game, or just to rekindle with fellow community members.

Japster said:
With all the new additional info screens : radar, voip control panel, etc. will 2k4 support 2 monitors ?
not that i know of. the VOIP is a seperate menu. sort of like hitting escape.

radar isnt in all AS maps. only mothership while you are in the spacefighters.

and only in onslaught to get you acquainted with the node layouts

Sauron said:
looking at the weapon status bars on these pics i get the impression that not all weapons are available on all maps, is that so?
nope. not all maps have all weapons. at least not at once.

j@ckel said:
dear god in heaven i just saw those screenshots but dont make it THAT crowded..screenshot 11 looks great..but wtf 27 minutes attacking?! tthat means it will take about 5 minutes to get to each objective..so that would mean if u dont get the 2nd objective in like 10 minutes u will be stuck in a map for 20 minutes..because the map is too big to get the objectives......i think that thats why certain maps arent played in this leageu..because its too big to attack and def...we had several big maps
you arent reading. not all those pics are of AS. the first 6 pics are of AS. the next 3 are ONS. and the last one is AS again. pic 11 is an ONS map. AS matches are 10 minutes.

I haven't enough time to read all 14 forum pages, so it can be possible that my question is already answered :rolleyes:.

I read the Gamestar-test too.
So it seems that there is a big improvement in the singleplayer campaign(who cares about that anyhow? ;)), and that you are able too choose what way (dangerous and short or save and long) you wanna take to complete a objective.

But my question is: 'Is it possible to launch in the old UT-Assault-Style (rocket/hammer launches) and is it so important like in UT1?'
Sure a dog-fight in the space is not bad, but a well placed rocket launch or trying new launches in warz is more fun :).

edit: bye :D

Last edited:
Bart said:
I haven't enough time to read all 14 forum pages, so it can be possible that my question is already answered :rolleyes:.

I read the Gamestar-test too.
So it seems that there is a big improvement in the singleplayer campaign(who cares about that anyhow? ;)), and that you are able too choose what way (dangerous and short or save and long) you wanna take to complete a objective.

But my question is: 'Is it possible to launch in the old UT-Assault-Style (rocket/hammer launches) and is it so important like in UT1?'
Sure a dog-fight in the space is not bad, but a well placed rocket launch or trying new launches in warz is more fun :).

edit: bye :D
please DO read all before asking any questions that have been answered 15 times. mktnx :P

Bart said:

there are some shortcuts that are dangerous, yes.

why is the vehicle called a hell bender?

and will onslaught have the Insta mod availble ?

Last edited:
can you disable all those friendly "you gotta blow up the bridge" text pointers?

i think after playing the map 3 times you'll get the hang of the fact you gotta blow up the bridge...

jwer_NL said:
can you disable all those friendly "you gotta blow up the bridge" text pointers?

i think after playing the map 3 times you'll get the hang of the fact you gotta blow up the bridge...

i dont know if you can turn off the text... but you can turn off the 3D arrow and nav points

UNrealbase News:
GameStar Germany has reported in detail about UT2004 in its newest expenditure of their play magazine .Here comes the seconed part of the preview. (12 new pics)
This article is in German and English available

Last UPDATE : 01/09/2004 08:00PM GMT
NEWS: Today I received the offical permission from the game-magazine "GameStar"...........
more here: www.UnrealBase.com
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
i have also the exclusive permission to puplish the PC Action UT 2004 preview (german gaming magazine)
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Cya Catzenjaeger
www.UnrealBase.com
IRC : #unrealbase on Quakenet

I'd like to thank Wilhaven for at least recognising the community ( and interest ) is still here. At least he came to our forums and is putting up with all of your shitty repeated questions :D

pld Willllllllllllll