About ut2k4 as

• Hey - turns out IRC is out and something a little more modern has taken it's place... A little thing called Discord!

Join our community @ https://discord.gg/JuaSzXBZrk for a pick-up game, or just to rekindle with fellow community members.

Sauron said:
i dug out ut2k3 some days ago and played a bit. i had some good games but one thing was very annoying, i never have a clue if there is anyone near me. in ut you have loud footsteps and u can clearly here if a weapon is being fired somewhere.
now in 2k3 i can get 3 rockets shot across the whole map into my back and i dont hear them before they explode on me, same with shockballs (also with all other weapons but these 2 are most annoying since u cud dodge them if u heard em)

has this been changed for 2k4?

sounds have been tweaked... but im not sure in what respects. i can check on the footstep sounds in comparison to UT1 though.

some of the guys from scion are playing UT2K4 for the first time now... and most of them have the general consensus that it "feels more UT" and is more fun than UT2K3. and i have to agree with them. :)

-=¤willhaven¤=- said:
sounds have been tweaked... but im not sure in what respects. i can check on the footstep sounds in comparison to UT1 though.

some of the guys from scion are playing UT2K4 for the first time now... and most of them have the general consensus that it "feels more UT" and is more fun than UT2K3. and i have to agree with them. :)
letz hope that

-=¤willhaven¤=- said:

by god I really really would like that..