Your Top 10 movies of the last decade

• Hey - turns out IRC is out and something a little more modern has taken it's place... A little thing called Discord!

Join our community @ https://discord.gg/JuaSzXBZrk for a pick-up game, or just to rekindle with fellow community members.

what did you love so much about law abiding citizen? tbh the acting wasn't really top notch and the story was just that of a man seeking for revenge.. been there, done that kinda stuff..
The hurt locker on the other grabbed me by the throat. the tension when you're in a hostile environment defusing a bomb and you see people using cell phones and watching you.. you really had a feeling that something could happen all the time. Kept me on the edge of my seat.
And in general I like war movies and especially series: Band of Brothers, The pacific and also a good recommendation is last years Generation Kill.

heh, just watched the hurt locker yesterday and I have to say I strongly disagree with you breen... There's minimal plot in the movie (they run around defusing bombs and dodge sniperfire) and it lacks character development. No background story is given for any of the characters except 1 of them has a baby and a wife so why would you even care what happens to them since you don't even know anything about them let alone have any connection to them? They could die for all I care.

Also lots of inaccuracies like none of the soldiers having an american flag patched to their shoulders and a lower ranked officer giving orders to a higher ranked one - this is something even I noticed although I don't know much about army stuff so there's probably a lot more... Blood on 50cal bullets jamming a barrett? C'mon... dramatize much? :lol: There was just so much wrong with this scene I could go on and on...

However I liked the theme song which I think deserved the oscar it got. Also I'm a fan of the shaky cam thing so that was pretty good too I guess although the editing wasn't too good (weird cuts just mostly). Only reason this won best picture/best director was because feminist fundamentalists wanted a female director to finally win something big.

3/10

oscars are bullshit,

the hurt locker didn't deserve so much oscars

its worth more than 3/10 as it's pretty intense, but its far from an epic movie, the negative points mi mentionned are all dead on...

no country for old men won quite a bit too iirc and didn't deserve any in my book....

but the worst I can remember from the oscars is Chicago winning the best costume award the year The Two Towers came out.....

I mean COME ON, Uruk-Hai, Rohan warriors, Elves...... all with their own very distinctive styles of costumes

real chainmails made by hand......real metal weapons and armor :hangover:

at least ROTK won everything :D