your recently discovered band/artist + source

• Hey - turns out IRC is out and something a little more modern has taken it's place... A little thing called Discord!

Join our community @ https://discord.gg/JuaSzXBZrk for a pick-up game, or just to rekindle with fellow community members.

munkZ

Jun 7, 2001
England
just wondering if anyone had discovered anyone particularly good lately after opti's post about the vessels thingy.. nothing better than unexepectely finding good new stuff, still remember the day I bought 'The Bends' :drummer:

Ayumi Hamasaki is pretty good, came across the music searching for random j-pop after hearing some funny tune in a UT movie ;)

Actually I am in a nostalgic period, refinding artists and remembering why I fell for them in the first place, been listening alot to the first records of primus the last days, brilliant stuff :D

Mindless Self Indulgence, really weird stuff, but I like how it sounds.

They are described by some people as psychodelic industrial, but you should listen to them to really get an idea of how they sound.

The Darkness :P As someone who idolises Freddie Mercury, that Darkness frontman is fascinating lol. He's almost a carbon copy but he's got his own personality. Not dloaded any of their stuff yet but I definitely will be. Still miss Freddie though :(

I also just heard It's My Life by No Doubt and it's bloody great. The video is well worth a look too, but on the strength of that single I'd be willing to check out the rest of No Doubt's stuff. I've heard a few of their songs but this new one has such a brilliant hook. See if you can find it [EDIT: at the end of a rainbow or some bollox] - it's class ;)

Last edited:
Do NOT use these forums to share MP3 or any other media files or formats, regardless of copyright ownership. Do NOT ask for, or post links to websites, FTPs, file sharing programs nor any kind of resource you could use to download illegal music.

:rolleyes:

The Polyphonic Spree!!!!!!!

Everyone should listen to "reach for the sun" and "hangin' around"

all time feel good music, i'd describe it as 'god pop'

saw them @ lowlands this year, madness

Millencolin. Can hear their Happiness For Dogs song on =[FDC]= movie. Other songs I think are good are The Ballad and Duckpond

{24}Useless said:
The Darkness :P As someone who idolises Freddie Mercury, that Darkness frontman is fascinating lol. He's almost a carbon copy but he's got his own personality. Not dloaded any of their stuff yet but I definitely will be. Still miss Freddie though :(

I also just heard It's My Life by No Doubt and it's bloody great. The video is well worth a look too, but on the strength of that single I'd be willing to check out the rest of No Doubt's stuff. I've heard a few of their songs but this new one has such a brilliant hook. See if you can find it [EDIT: at the end of a rainbow or some bollox] - it's class ;)

Just in case you weren't aware "It's My Life" is a cover originally written and recorded by Talk Talk.

Well if you're interested Talk Talk started off as a pop band, by their 3rd album they were startng to grow up a bit and then they went off the rails and went mad becoming an exclusively studio band producing weird and rather beautiful music. I think they're rather good. Mind you , I quite fancy the girl out of No Doubt sometimes so it all evens out.

dog said:
Actually I am in a nostalgic period, refinding artists and remembering why I fell for them in the first place, been listening alot to the first records of primus the last days, brilliant stuff :D

OMG Primus! - thx for the heads up Dan, Tommy the Cat - what a track
from the Sailing the Seas of Cheese Album? gotta get that!!

Sailing the seas of cheese if probably my favorite primus album :D It's just about everything that is good about primus... and wonderfully weird :D

Hm, Thievery Corporation was quite a discovery for me, it was uhm "richest man in the babylon" disc afaik....
Was really happy and thoughtfull, too after hearing one of firts albums of legendary
Townes van Zandt

bought the "Best of R.E.M. 1988-2003 CD"

some of it is really great stuff :)
Bad day, man on the moon, everybody hurts, imitation of life.... etc..

Last edited: