XP Settings

• Hey - turns out IRC is out and something a little more modern has taken it's place... A little thing called Discord!

Join our community @ https://discord.gg/JuaSzXBZrk for a pick-up game, or just to rekindle with fellow community members.

zombie

Dead Man Walking
Jun 9, 2001
Andover(UK)
is there an option that turns on direct connection in WinXP
Problem is im useing XP and cant do any sort of direct connect:(
i have tryed to use ICQ, DDC in Tracer, ws_FTP_Pro. but i just get diconnected all them time :(
Please help if you can...

yup refresh rate is fixed at 60hz in all games in XP :\

bad for ur eyes :(

supposedly they will fix it in SP1 tho

Found lots of programs and modified drivers that claimed to fix the refreshrate but none of them worked for me.

I fixed the problem by manually setting refreshrates through powerstrip.

nope tim, nvidia refresh rate fix doesnt change it, itll stop ur fps being stuck at 60, but it doesnt change the monitor's refresh rate

aye the nvidia fix does work but only on older detonator drivers, im on 21.33 and it works fine but anything over 27.xx and it doesnt recognise your monitor when u run it :(

Unless they updated it :D

Hope SP1 does fix it cus then ill happily upgrade me dets ;)

Just use rivatuner, works with every det driver version I can think of. Or get a Lcd monitor with a DVI contact as it won't matter to you then :D

Not with mine... It picked wrong refreshrates and when i tried to set them manually it removed three resolutions from the registry including 1024x768.

Tried once more after reinstalling drivers but it messed up again.