Xp Brightness Prob.....

• Hey - turns out IRC is out and something a little more modern has taken it's place... A little thing called Discord!

Join our community @ https://discord.gg/JuaSzXBZrk for a pick-up game, or just to rekindle with fellow community members.

Stompa

Jul 15, 2001
In your ASS
Okie i have a prob when i shut down Unreal Tournament, My desktop brightness and contrast is really high like my ut and i have to reboot to fix it. I have tried ctrl, alt, del and ut process isnt runnin.
I was just wondering if there is a way to fix it without rebootin my system = XP2000 Ge4 ti4200 512ddr 1024x768 @ 85 hz and runnin ut in open gl atm (but it does same in d3d too)

Any help would be very appreciated :D

Right click > Properties > Settings > Advanced > TwinView > Device Settings > Color Correction.

Twinwiev section comes active only if u have tv-out/another monitor connected imo.

Try diffrent set of drivers and select the "apply the new display settings without restarting" in general.

U could also try making a new profile for windows use.

tried using the recall setting on your monitor? might be something to do with the refresh rate... i dunno do i fs!

had the same problem but only with UT opengl sometimes if ut crashes or does'nt shut down properly or i minimise my desktop is ultra bright.

the new ut opengl renderer was supposed to brighten things up so its more than likely got something to do with that if it happens to me i reboot and its gone does'nt happen often.

the problem is that the brightness panel in UT changes the gamma (i think its gamma) in your color correction, if ut is shut down it should normally switch back to your normal windows darker gamma, this fucks if UT crashes (also does for me)
though if ut is quit properly it should switch back properly.

Reasons might be that youve hacked into UT or something so some files cant be read or written maybe.

however you can solve it by playing ut in the gamma setting 3rd most to the left (that is for me), though, thats pretty dark.

Nope you didn't :P
And he is asking for a way to solve it without reboot.
Sobo is right, just look on your video settings where to adjust gamma (if you have TV-out, what mel said) but it depends on the video drivers it can be anywhere, if exists...

stompah m8
i had the same problem for months now.
until i found the solution !!!
It is a piece of hardware for sale for a few bucks
it's called sunglasses :)

you need the PCI sunglasses with 64 mb onboard memory and the 2 fans on it. got one lying around here but cba to check the brand name.

sunglasses own :P

hehe i had the same prob with openGL when it crashed...but rebooting yer whole system is a bit crude, just log out as a xp user and log back on again... it's way faster and fixed the problem for me..

this fixes it for opengl ive tried it worked fine here..

just place the file in ur system folder overwriting whats already there