wtf is wrong?

• Hey - turns out IRC is out and something a little more modern has taken it's place... A little thing called Discord!

Join our community @ https://discord.gg/JuaSzXBZrk for a pick-up game, or just to rekindle with fellow community members.

Despise

****** BY MARTZ FOR EXCESSIVE LICKING
Jun 8, 2001
Between beer crates
normal i get about 60 fps max in UT with my VooDoo3 2000... but today my screen kept freezing a few times each sec for a very short time... so I looked at my fps... and it said over 200 fps ffs... but it plays like 2 fps or lower... any1 know what the problem can be?

and no its not only online, offline aswell :(

thx

i got the same grafic-card, and sometimes (when the map changes), my UT frozes, i have to wait 30 sec. max and then UT loads the map...but no time in the game...

U have this problem with anyother games? Sounds like something is running in the background and taking too much cpu/disk time.

a Virus? a over protective Anti-Virus Proggy? Something on windows scheduled tasks trying to run? Failing HD?....

thought u quit des?

u checked ur HHD isnt too full or anything. UT load times are much better with a lot of RAM.

with assault and normal weapons yes :D but still pld insta, and couldnt resist playing some iAS coz i still have fun in that, but not normal assault... and we have a match vs XP coming :teehee: so who knows ill play a 1 war again
:D
was still making maps, so had to keep UT lol, and then its hard to not play it when ur really bored lol

my HDD isnt really full, got about 8 gig left...

maybe a reinstall will help, but i am kinda lazy to do that lol

des wanka ! I told u MANY times... reinstall it ffs. U've been running that windows for TOO long! even offered to do it for u while u where working but...

i still stand by it. So if u'd just drop by with ur casing (just 2 streets to walk) when ur working i'll reinstall it. Or if ur home i can come by whatever u want. :)

What Rel@x said. Ur windows is shit m8. I had win 98 too long too a time ago amd UT went shit.

Install this great little proggie, helped me a lot :D
Just check ur monitors max hz's with the resolutions u use, cant b much simpler.