Would u like to see a change in League as ladder 2005?

• Hey - turns out IRC is out and something a little more modern has taken it's place... A little thing called Discord!

Join our community @ https://discord.gg/JuaSzXBZrk for a pick-up game, or just to rekindle with fellow community members.

Would u like to see a change in leagueas ladder 2005?

• 1. Yes, i would like to see a change in point-system of ladder

Votes: 9 11.3%
  • 2. Yes, i would like to see the challenging of top division clans implemented

Votes: 11 13.8%
  • 3. No, i like the league as it is, it has been going fine so far

Votes: 35 43.8%
  • 4. No, i think that clans who wanna get higher by challenging should fight their way up instead

Votes: 25 31.3%

• Total voters

Biebel

-)EaS*
Jan 27, 2003
Ok this time for real, referring to previous thread about this subject plz vote m8s...........

Here the options fully written:

1. Yes, i would like to see a change in point-system of ladder, so easier to climb up and smaller gaps

2. Yes, i would like to see the challenging of top division clans implemented, it will spice things up

3. No, i like the league as it is, it has been going fine so far

4. No, i think that clans who wanna get higher by challenging should fight their way up instead

Last edited:
Reactions: Popioul
I don't understand the challenging high division clans thing - what's in it for the clan being challenged?

I dont think that the top division clan should gain anything from winning. But perhaps they could lose a certain percentage of points.

It again shouldnt be so much, otherwise why would the top division clans want to even bother playing a challenging lower division clan?

Well I read the thread but I don't see any benefits to the top-div clan mentioned anywhere. It only talks about what would happen if they lose, not win. If they win, the only reward I can imagine them getting is more points. If this was implemented it would open up all kinds of exploits, such as a clan forming a splinter clan of mercs and entering them into the table. Then the splinter clan challenges the main clan, loses, and hands them(selves) some free points. And so on.

Well, on the one hand we have Bush - an evil megalomaniac thick American obnoxious power-hungry bullying wankbag. And on the other hand we have Prophet...

Vote Bush!

Reactions: IceDragon
all the clans in div 1 fought their way to the top, so i dont see why anyone should have the right to bypass all the lower divisions. also there wouldnt really be anything in it for the div1 clans, if you'd accept a challenge and loose ur the noobs, if you win then they "didnt have a chance anways".

i think a change of the point system would make things more interesting and reduce the point gaps we can see after the around half of every year.
maybe increase the percentage from 10 to 15-20, or base the points on the distance between the placements.

thePROPHET! said:
Vote for me to be teh President, and you won't see that change! I promise! :P
well unfortunally (for you p00f) the majority in this league is eupeans not americans :p:

Point system change obviously refers to my post I think so here's the actual idea again:
sobo said:
[...] you could accelerate the points swapping within ONE div by refining the point rules a bit similar to this:

Each month your clan gets a value X which could be calculated by "won games MINUS lost games", therefore ranging from '+4' to '-4'
According to this value your points get a bonus/malus at the end of the month equal to say:
+/- 4 --> +/- 8% of your score
+/- 3 --> +/- 6% of your score
+/- 2 --> +/- 4% of your score
+/- 1 --> +/- 2% of your score
0 --> no change of points

This way

• is very easy to code I think therefore easy to realize
  • allows for faster climbing as well
  • also allows for faster relegation (iSUYM for example kept losing for about 2-3 months in div 1 iAS because we had a bad time and would have liked to play in div 2, whereas one or another clan from there could have played in div 1..)
Why come up with this NOW after 4 years?
Now is the time of old clans rejoining whereas this wasnt (so much) the case in the past years when there were still a lot of new clans.
So to support this process and the re-interest in this game and community such a rule cannot hurt anyone IMO.

[...]