World Cup winner?

• Hey - turns out IRC is out and something a little more modern has taken it's place... A little thing called Discord!

Join our community @ https://discord.gg/JuaSzXBZrk for a pick-up game, or just to rekindle with fellow community members.

World Cup winner in Berlin will be...

• Total voters
Dinomite said:
zidane.gif

:rofl:

:lol: :rofl:

ØPÍÛM said:
France clearly dominated Italy in the 2dn half
but they didn't score , and this has been a prob with France for the last years :(
anyway we pwned this cup imo, people say other teams play bad in front france , but that because we dominate them , plain and simple :p:

now the french team is dead , barthez , makelele , thuram and zidane quit football :(
time for you to join france national football team opi :D

Lex_Mortis said:
:rofl:

I still think Zidane is a legend and deserves to recieve the golden football.
What he did was unexcusable - but it was understandable.

According to some deaf lip-readers, Materazzi called Zidane's sister a whore up to two times right before the headbutt and right after holding Zidane with both his arms.

Was in the newspaper here anyway, I don't have a link to any articles online.

«)Fîrë$±ørm(» said:
any news why he exactly did that?

There are two different versions at the moment -

The BBC's Ten O'Clock News also called in experts to study the television footage of the incident and determined the following:

Materazzi's first word to Zidane was "no" before he then told him to "calm down".

He then accused him of being a "liar" and wished "an ugly death to you and your family" on the day the Frenchman's mother had been taken to hospital ill. This was followed by "Go f*** yourself".

And the other
BBC Radio Five Live asked for help from a deaf lip reader, Jessica Rees, who read the words phonetically to an Italian translator.

She deciphered the insult as being "you're the son of a terrorist whore" - a translation also carried by many national newspapers in Britain on Tuesday.

The story also reads that Zidane will tell what Materazzi said to him when he is ready.
Zidane received his punishment when he was sent off the pitch, I only hope that Fifa decide to investigate what was said to Zidane and dish out some punishment to Materazzi as well!