Windows 7 rc available

• Hey - turns out IRC is out and something a little more modern has taken it's place... A little thing called Discord!

Join our community @ https://discord.gg/JuaSzXBZrk for a pick-up game, or just to rekindle with fellow community members.

dual boot ftw DJ tbh. if its a brand new machine/harddrive, make 1 more partion than you would normally and install both OS's. It isnt massively difficult to do and it gives you the choice then of sticking with old and known, or new fangled and spangly. Then you can pick which you prefer.

Hm that might be a good suggestion. Do i get the choice on startup then to choose which OS i want to start with i assume?

perhaps format and make 2 partions with OS on each one of them....

is it worth it ? install every program etc etc and then u find that some hardware or some pgraogram och games arrnt compatible or whatever.

i dunno i dunno.

Its a complete new machine asweel so could work nice on that one.

Yeah...install XP first.....Win7 will see XP and add it as a boot menu option.
I haven't found anything that doesn't run in Win7 properly. UT runs gr8 and UTDC works properly too (which it didn't under Vista)

i can use w7 with problems only. ut still works kinda strange with slomos and speedups (even online)

and the os just freezes sometimes. i have to hit the lovely restartbutton to reboot and i cant see where the problem is. even a reinstall didnt help.

Last edited:
aye 255 is max you really dont need anymore than that

Thrash run patch again

Then do I just need to change the max number of connections details in utorrent preferences?

edit: I went to Options > Preferences > Bandwith and set both global max number of connections and max number of connected peers per torrent to 255 instead of the value that were there and it is still crashing windows :(

Last edited:
i can use w7 with problems only. ut still works kinda strange with slomos and speedups (even online)

and the os just freezes sometimes. i have to hit the lovely restartbutton to reboot and i cant see where the problem is. even a reinstall didnt help.

Post details of your hardware.

Intel Core i7-965 Extreme 3,20 GHz
Dual 1792MB GeForce GTX 295
6GB Ram
Sound: Creative X-FI

Dunno wich board, but its a complete Alienwaresystem.

fs i still havent decided yet but i so wana try this OS on my new comp.

but is it worth it......

gonna sintall XP or win7 tonigt.. hmmmm

If the partition already contains a windows OS then Win7 will add it's self to that partition.

On the screen (during install) where you chose the partition, there's a button at the bottom of the list for advanced options. You can now format the partition, then continue as normal.

Well decided to format as I was getting quite frequent BSODs which I think were relating to old Vista files still being on the drive. On the screenshot below, is "Load Driver" the advanced options you mean?

edit: Seems the advanced option only appears when you run the CD on a boot up rather than just running the installer from the CD when logged into Windows. Got the drive formatted now with a new installation so hopefully no more BSODs.

Last edited:
Well decided to format as I was getting quite frequent BSODs which I think were relating to old Vista files still being on the drive. On the screenshot below, is "Load Driver" the advanced options you mean?

edit: Seems the advanced option only appears when you run the CD on a boot up rather than just running the installer from the CD when logged into Windows. Got the drive formatted now with a new installation so hopefully no more BSODs.

Ahh....good job. Was gonna say you need to boot off the DVD :)

It's pretty much flawless thus far. Running Win7 64-bit on my other pc, haven't encountered any problems yet whereas when formatting and installing Vista Business 64-bit would give me 'Disk Boot Errors' and BSOD's as soon as I booted up the PC.

I'm a happy person atm!

Reports are slowly coming, and it seems that Windows 7 is only slightly faster than Vista. Sigh.

Win7 is more responsive than Vista, boot up & shutdown are faster too, mostly because they've stopped some services from autostarting that aren't needed for everyday use.

If you have a spare partition, have a play with Linux Mint. Version 7 was release the other day and is very slick. LOVE the default wallpaper.

Still getting BSODs:( and they've only appeared since putting Windows 7 on here (obviously it's only a beta but noone else is reporting problems).

The PC reboots before I can have a proper read of the error but I'm pretty sure I've had:

IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL or DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL
SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION

It doesn't happen when I do a particular thing either, I could just be browsing the web and will get one of the BSODs above. I'm using the correct graphic card driver for the 64-bit edition of Win7 as I downloaded it from Nvidia's website.

Still getting BSODs:( and they've only appeared since putting Windows 7 on here (obviously it's only a beta but noone else is reporting problems).

The PC reboots before I can have a proper read of the error but I'm pretty sure I've had:

IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL or DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL
SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION

It doesn't happen when I do a particular thing either, I could just be browsing the web and will get one of the BSODs above. I'm using the correct graphic card driver for the 64-bit edition of Win7 as I downloaded it from Nvidia's website.

yes such a clear message that..

I keep getting it in summer times when it is way too hot in my room. So i've always thought of that message as something random, but maybe some1 else knows what it really means

EDIT: this is with xp

Last edited:
Think I'll just go back to another OS. Keep getting the DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL BSOD and it's only happened since running a 64-bit OS.

Anyone used memtest before and can tell me how the hell your supposed to get it to work?

Last edited: